W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The problem for English football development isn't the amount of foreign imports, it's the way we develop talents in the first place.

I would prefer a one import limit, purely because statistics show that it does have a negative impact on the development of European talent. Staying at home for longer is usually advisable.

Of course it is an archaic rule to an extent, and in theory nationality and patriotism is nonsense. However in this instance when it affects talent development so much, i think removing the limitations would only do more damage (Not for Canada).

I agree except I believe less limitations would affect Canadians along with the Europeans.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Ouf, Rouyn-Noranda, that's a shady place , poor guy lol. Hopefully he can focus on hockey and tear it up.

Tourigny is a great coach though. It's not shady, just a bit cold! :laugh:

Lol, ye Rouyn-Noranda is not exactly known to be a club central with lots of distracting ladies :).

hiver_quebec.jpg

I'm sure it's a lovely place to live though.

yes its a great place to live :P

looking forward to looking kucherov play and ill give you guys some update after ive seen him play a couple games

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
There HAS to be more hype for this kid. Especially since he is commited to playing in N-A now...

His hands are absolutely unbelieveable. He can do whatever the hell he wants with the puck, his stick is literally an extension of his body. He reminds me a bit of Kovalev. I had given him the sniper etiquette but his game against the Remparts he made crisp passes after crisp passes.. amazing vision. Out of this world. I honestly can't wait to see him with Stamkos or Lecavalier... this kid is something special guys. His stickhandling, vision and speed are top-notch.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
There HAS to be more hype for this kid. Especially since he is commited to playing in N-A now...

His hands are absolutely unbelieveable. He can do whatever the hell he wants with the puck, his stick is literally an extension of his body. He reminds me a bit of Kovalev. I had given him the sniper etiquette but his game against the Remparts he made crisp passes after crisp passes.. amazing vision. Out of this world. I honestly can't wait to see him with Stamkos or Lecavalier... this kid is something special guys. His stickhandling, vision and speed are top-notch.

I am happy to hear our Nikita is impressive, but I attribute that more to the fact that he's 93 a ready for adult hockey player, who deliberately took a hit to this career to convince someone, that he's NA committed. He should have been playing VHL or like his bud Gusev proved himself there and got loaned (officially of course traded) to another KHL team for further growth. Now he's lost a year of his career and almost lost a spot on WJC team (most definitely decreased his chances of making the team to slim)

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
he's been playing good for us

he seems to be happy to be here

he's tall, not physical

nice hands and he is a pass first player with a good vision and a good scoring instinct

when he get hits he often fall or drop off his stick and takes couple of seconds looking at the ref hoping for penalties

nice prospect but Im not sure he can make it to the next level

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
he's been playing good for us

he seems to be happy to be here

he's tall, not physical

nice hands and he is a pass first player with a good vision and a good scoring instinct

when he get hits he often fall or drop off his stick and takes couple of seconds looking at the ref hoping for penalties

nice prospect but Im not sure he can make it to the next level

Thanks, looks like things that can be fixed with the right coach

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I am happy to hear our Nikita is impressive, but I attribute that more to the fact that he's 93 a ready for adult hockey player, who deliberately took a hit to this career to convince someone, that he's NA committed. He should have been playing VHL or like his bud Gusev proved himself there and got loaned (officially of course traded) to another KHL team for further growth. Now he's lost a year of his career and almost lost a spot on WJC team (most definitely decreased his chances of making the team to slim)

All completely false. He came over because he wants to play in the NHL and he wants to learn and adjust to the NA game style and grow his game that way. Making this move accelerated his career to the NHL, not hindered it.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
All completely false. He came over because he wants to play in the NHL and he wants to learn and adjust to the NA game style and grow his game that way. Making this move accelerated his career to the NHL, not hindered it.

Russians don't want to admit it but the way CSKA treated his injury didn't help their case and probably convinced him to move on.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Russians don't want to admit it but the way CSKA treated his injury didn't help their case and probably convinced him to move on.

Yeah I agree with you and Sniper. I also think Roy made a great pitch to bring him over. There has to be some allure to play for a HOFer like Roy, skate in a historic arena that has great attendance numbers, in the middle of a hockey heaven like Quebec, with his good friend Grigorenko. What's not to like?

And like IdealisticSniper said I think this helps his route to the NHL, not that he had to prove something by coming over to the CHL. Yzerman and the Lightning scouts were fine with him playing in Russia. But now being in N.A. he can have more contact with the bolts brass while learning the N.A. game which will help. If he plays for Syracuse next season, he'll be in a good situation too. Cooper is an amazing coach and he'll be with 3 other Russian speaking players in Namestnikov, Sergeev, and Korobov.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah I agree with you and Sniper. I also think Roy made a great pitch to bring him over. There has to be some allure to play for a HOFer like Roy, skate in a historic arena that has great attendance numbers, in the middle of a hockey heaven like Quebec, with his good friend Grigorenko. What's not to like?

And like IdealisticSniper said I think this helps his route to the NHL, not that he had to prove something by coming over to the CHL. Yzerman and the Lightning scouts were fine with him playing in Russia. But now being in N.A. he can have more contact with the bolts brass while learning the N.A. game which will help. If he plays for Syracuse next season, he'll be in a good situation too. Cooper is an amazing coach and he'll be with 3 other Russian speaking players in Namestnikov, Sergeev, and Korobov.

Would be nice to see him and Namestnikov graduate to the NHL at the same time. How far is Kucherov from playing in the NHL?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

I'm sorry to break it to you but he has been traded to Rouyn-Noranda! :laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm sorry to break it to you but he has been traded to Rouyn-Noranda! :laugh:

I'm well aware. My point was it was Roy, his pal Grigorenko, and the Remparts that enticed him to make the jump over here. I'm not sure a lot of other CHL teams could. No one ever thought we'd see Kucherov cross the pond this fast. There was some thought that he might go back to Russia after he was traded because he came over to specifically play for the Remparts.

Last edited:

Semaj49

Jul 28, 2009
He is the guy who impress me the most yesterday. He was not the best player on the ice (Andrighettho was, as always) but yesterday was a really physical game, playoff intensity game and Kucherov played really well. He won some good battles arround the board and didn't seem to be intimidated by the physical play. I was impress cause I didn't think he had that '' It'' factor in him.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I'm well aware. My point was it was Roy, his pal Grigorenko, and the Remparts that enticed him to make the jump over here. I'm not sure a lot of other CHL teams could. No one ever thought we'd see Kucherov cross the pond this fast. There was some thought that he might go back to Russia after he was traded because he came over to specifically play for the Remparts.

I don't really agree. Roy stated how eager he was to play in the CHL, especially in NA, last year when he met him at the Subway Series. Roy was the one who was able to get him out of Russia and probably paid a fee to free him from his contract but I think his main goal was to play anywhere in NA.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Why hasn't Kucherov been in the lineup?

Injured? Lost in Ufa?

He hasn't played since the end of the WJC's...what's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad