W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Kucherov had his second 5 point game in his last 3 games.

Upped his point totals for the season to 16G 28A for 44P in 22GP. :handclap:

Is he looking as dominant as his stat line suggests?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's overgrown juniors 2 years ago, just check his insane MHL stats.. what is he doing in CHL? Doesn't make much sense.

I agree, especially the Q where the quality of defenders and even goaltenders is not as high.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

Sorry missed him, so he is only one of two players in the CHL at/over 2 PPG ;)

He's overgrown juniors 2 years ago, just check his insane MHL stats.. what is he doing in CHL? Doesn't make much sense.

To be honest, I'm not sure he could stay alive in the NHL, because he is so thin.If he adds some muscle in the offseason and plays some AHL games, he should be up in Tampa to start the 2014-15 season AT LATEST. Only reason, I could see him stay a full year in the AHL is the high number of NHL ready forwards in Syracuse.

But the best thing is, the organisation likes the russian, and we get them mostly way under value and if we have so many russian, they should be willing to come over. I really hope we take a flyer on Slepyshev in the 6/7th round, if he is still available, just like we did with Gusev.

Semaj49

Jul 28, 2009
****ing Tampa drafting too good.

It's funny cause everyone think Kucherov is a steal in the 2nd round (yes he is a good pick) but Andrighetto at the same age hasn't been drafted yet and is a way better player than Kucherov and i'm pretty sure every Huskies fans would agree. I watched arround 10 live Huskies game this year and I dont remember a single game where Kucherov play better than Andrighetto. It will be interesting to see comes draft day.

As for Kucherov, I really like his hockey sense, he's much more of a passer than a shooter. What he did on the ice is often really simple but really effective, he gives very few giveaway. He also as to be the best player I have ever seen on breakaway, pretty sure he scored close to 10 of his 16 goals on breakaway.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
CSKA shot themselves in the foot by signing many free agents... I saw Kucherov play in the KHL and he looked good, should have played there this year. Problem is, CSKA chased too many free agents and had no room for young guys. Same reason Gusev couldn't crack them, but when loaned to Amur he became one of their best forwards.... In other words I am saying that if Kucherov was able to play in the KHL this year Im sure he would have stayed, or at least gave it strong consideration.
Peronally I think Kucherov should have stayed and played for CSKA's new farm team in the VHL THK with Gusev. It would have been a better challenge.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Peronally I think Kucherov should have stayed and played for CSKA's new farm team in the VHL THK with Gusev. It would have been a better challenge.

Yeah, I'm sure Kucherov dreamed all his life of this 'challenge.'

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Lol, ye Rouyn-Noranda is not exactly known to be a club central with lots of distracting ladies :).

hiver_quebec.jpg

I'm sure it's a lovely place to live though.

Oh don't be sorry for the kid. Girls in R-N are crazy for russian players.. During my college days I used to party with Dmitry Kostromitin and sergei Ostapchuk. So ugly and wearing 80's clothing but chicks were craaazy. Alex Beauregard did had alot of "fun" with Rouyn's girls

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Damn, T-Bay has a ridiculous amount of promising young forward prospects.

Finally we do have great depth in the forwards. Unfortunately (its a good problem), lots of them are on the verge of being NHL ready all at once.

Panik and Killorn aren't looking out of place in their call-ups.

Conacher has made the team, Connolly could well be on the team.

Beyond that J.T. Brown, Palat and Johnson are all close.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Finally we do have great depth in the forwards. Unfortunately (its a good problem), lots of them are on the verge of being NHL ready all at once.

Should be able to trade a few of them for defencemen if it really becomes a "problem". ;)

****ing Tampa drafting too good.

Yzerman's faith in drafting Russians when everyone else fears the Russian factor definitely seems to be paying off so far.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Talk to me about Nikita Kucherov

Just looking at his stats I see that he posted 10 points through 6 games with Quebec and then continued his hot streak with 26 goals and 27 assists in just 27 games with Rouyn-Noranda after being traded. I know he had multiple (I think?) 4 goal games but that's just one point under being 2 points per game since the trade.

I remember reading questions about work ethic and whatnot. So I'd like people who got to watch him on a consistent basis let me know about him. Is the lazy tag true?

Semaj49

Jul 28, 2009
Really creative and skilled player, also among the best skater in the Q. Despite his stats showing otherwise, he's much more of a passer than a shooter. His creativity and playmaking abilities are among his strenght and his shot is pretty weak, he has scored pretty much all his goals in breakaway. He really is a beast in breakaway.

He play like a typical Russian player tought. He really need to be more intense, especially arround the board where he never comes out with the puck. So far he didn't play well in both playoff game against Drummondville. He made a few flashes in the second game but tried to be too fancy.

To answer the OT. He really lack awareness in the defensive zone and need way more guts to win battle arround the board and it will slow down in transition to the NHL a lot. In conclusion, I think he surely could help a NHL team next year in a offensive role but will likely play a while in the AHL cause he has to improve his play whitout the puck a ton before thinking about playing in the NHL.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
His shot is not weak, it was in fact his calling card when coming out of Russia. In juniors it was always Gusev setting up Kucherov so he could rip his wicked one timer/wrister. Watch some of his highlights.. Pure sniper type player.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Really creative and skilled player, also among the best skater in the Q. Despite his stats showing otherwise, he's much more of a passer than a shooter. His creativity and playmaking abilities are among his strenght and his shot is pretty weak, he has scored pretty much all his goals in breakaway. He really is a beast in breakaway.

He play like a typical Russian player tought. He really need to be more intense, especially arround the board where he never comes out with the puck. So far he didn't play well in both playoff game against Drummondville. He made a few flashes in the second game but tried to be too fancy.

To answer the OT. He really lack awareness in the defensive zone and need way more guts to win battle arround the board and it will slow down in transition to the NHL a lot. In conclusion, I think he surely could help a NHL team next year in a offensive role but will likely play a while in the AHL cause he has to improve his play whitout the puck a ton before thinking about playing in the NHL.

:laugh:

Kucherov has an absolute howitzer, and honestly I doubt he spends much time in the AHL. He is highly skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad