W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If the Ameriks didn't want to see him celebrate they should stop letting him score.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Dig up my posts I said it before. Kucherov is just way too good and should be in the NHL. I started a thread saying Kuch-Drouin-Stamkos would be deadly together.

Kucherov's offensive skills are absolutely ELITE. Like a notch under Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin. He is a GEM. Produces points everywhere he goes and just has a knack for getting scoring opportunities. He posseses one of the top wrister I have EVER seen and knows where to be to use it. Can also make great passing plays and is a very good skater.

Ace88*

Dig up my posts I said it before. Kucherov is just way too good and should be in the NHL. I started a thread saying Kuch-Drouin-Stamkos would be deadly together.

Kucherov's offensive skills are absolutely ELITE. Like a notch under Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin. He is a GEM. Produces points everywhere he goes and just has a knack for getting scoring opportunities. He posseses one of the top wrister I have EVER seen and knows where to be to use it. Can also make great passing plays and is a very good skater.

Do you think hes as good, or better than ovechkin?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He's got a Semin like shot, the release, the accuracy. That alone will carry him through to the NHL, but he also has passing skills and moves. He'll be in the show sooner rather than later.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Was so disappointed Red Wings didn't draft him. Looks a great prospect for sure.

We did get Jurco and Sproul though, so happy with that.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Was so disappointed Red Wings didn't draft him. Looks a great prospect for sure.

We did get Jurco and Sproul though, so happy with that.

Well they kinda did, Stevie Y, ex-Wing got him.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
The Lightning are both loaded with forward depth and believe in not calling up a player until he is ready to stay up for good. Same reason why Drouin is in Halifax another year.

Well they did bring up Connolly when he wasn't ready.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well they did bring up Connolly when he wasn't ready.

Connolly had issue with his team in chl why they kept him up.

Kucherov needs to work on two way game. He is improving but a year down will only help him.

Drouin was sent down to work on two way play and learn center.

They got harder decisions next year seeing everyone is playing so well in minors and for tampa.

To those saying khl over ahl your crazy. You always want control of your players so can have them work on areas you choose etc... Ahl is better league also.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Connolly had issue with his team in chl why they kept him up.

Kucherov needs to work on two way game. He is improving but a year down will only help him.

Drouin was sent down to work on two way play and learn center.

They got harder decisions next year seeing everyone is playing so well in minors and for tampa.

To those saying khl over ahl your crazy. You always want control of your players so can have them work on areas you choose etc... Ahl is better league also.

KHL is the far superior league. However, Kucherov would not be guaranteed first line minutes over there. His KHL rights are held by CSKA I believe and they don't seem to make much of a habit of giving big minutes to younger players.

Along with that you have Kucherov getting acclimated with North American ice and controlling his ice time and development, the AHL is a better option for him at this point.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
KHL is the far superior league. However, Kucherov would not be guaranteed first line minutes over there. His KHL rights are held by CSKA I believe and they don't seem to make much of a habit of giving big minutes to younger players.

Along with that you have Kucherov getting acclimated with North American ice and controlling his ice time and development, the AHL is a better option for him at this point.

Far superior? Dunno about that...More top end talent in the KHL but for the most part they are pretty equal competition wise.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
For all of Kucherov's skill, he is still very slightly built and this is his 1st season competing against men, so in addition to needing to work on his two way game, he needs to mature physically a little more or he's going to get broken in half by someone. If you saw Alex Edler's check on Tomas Hertl the other day and imagine that happening to Kucherov at 175lbs then you'll know what I mean.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
kucherov came in at 6'1 listed 184 same as stamkos he will be fine. He is working out now and gonna gain more muscle. He hits and that is what meant on two way play.

He is not small at all he is average. Will agree he has best slap shot besides stamkos I have ever seen. He does it when game is on the line and seems to be that guy bigger the moment the bigger he plays.

Those are rare. I do not believe he was ready for NHL. He really didnt excel in full camp. But in every other area prospect camps russia worlds etc.. he excelled so far.

He needed the ahl to get the speed closer. He will be ready late in year or next year but still might not find a spot cause tampa has guys which are ahead of him and not sure if they move anyone anytime soon.

I do believe and have said this he will develop into a federov when federov was great two way player type of player.

I wouldnt mind him in ahl for a year or two even to become that good and work on those aspects his shot is NHL ready now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad