W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
10 Points in 6 Games, with one shoot out goal. Haven't seem him play, so I can't comment on anything but what the stats say. Excited to seem him in the NHL if he can translate his game there.

Have the ramparts decided which Russian will be traded? (or have they already traded one?)

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
For Rempart watchers, what seems to be his biggest weakness through his first 8 games?

Shy away from physical contacts (particularly on breakouts) and tries passes that are just not there. If he wants to make the NHL, he will definitely needs to correct these.

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
Oops thought it was only 3 Russian imports they had. Are they going to keep all 6 then, or rotate them 2 a night?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Oops thought it was only 3 Russian imports they had. Are they going to keep all 6 then, or rotate them 2 a night?

It was a joke.

2 Russians (Kucherov, Grigorenko)
1 Swede (Sorensen)
1 Dane (Sorensen who has double citizenship, Born in Danemark, Lived in Sweden)
1 French (Axel Rioux, Double citizenship Canada-France)
1 Swiss (Pierre-Maxime Poudrier, Double citizenship, Canada-Switzerland)

Since Rioux and Poudrier also have the Canadian citizenship, they're not considered as euros.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Q insider Stéphane Leroux said that Kucherov is the one on his way out of Québec and not Sorensen.

Roy responded to this rumor:

"I have not drafted a European (Nikita Kucherov) to trade him after and we will dip into the candy bowl before others, warned Patrick Roy. If at the end, we have to move one, we'll move, but as we speak, Buffalo tells us there is a 50% chance that Grigorenko returns and this is too high a risk for us.

"In addition, a draft pick won't help me, I'm in no hurry. If someone gives me a (player) equivalent, I'll think about it, but I don't think I'll receive the equivalent. "

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2012/11/13/roy-pas-presse-de-bouger-un-europeen

Although, I wouldn't be surprise, Kucherov hasn't been good so far and he's soft, unlike Sorensen.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm talking about the way he plays, not his stats.

Is it he's not adapting well to the N.A. game or is it an attitude problem? Simon Larouche of hockeyprospect had tweeted last night he was lazy. If it's his inability to transition to a new way of playing, is that not to be expected of him this early in his time playing in the Q?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Is it he's not adapting well to the N.A. game or is it an attitude problem? Simon Larouche of hockeyprospect had tweeted last night he was lazy. If it's his inability to transition to a new way of playing, is that not to be expected of him this early in his time playing in the Q?

I'd say it is more about learning a new system and getting comfortable on a smaller ice. He also mentionned how the game was much faster than what he was used to. I don't think that's lazyness.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Sorensen will stay in the lineup from now on so Kucherov will be the odd man out until further notice.

Sorensen is a more complete player.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Horrible management; why even bring him over then?

Because he never thought there would be a lock out. Grigorenko wasn't supposed to be there.

I'd see him traded to Blainville-Boisbriand. They already have plenty of grit, they need talent.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Because he never thought there would be a lock out. Grigorenko wasn't supposed to be there.

I'd see him traded to Blainville-Boisbriand. They already have plenty of grit, they need talent.

Yeah I understand that, but never was it certain he'd make the NHL.

But any way, it is a developmental league, they should trade him cause the kid needs to play.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah I understand that, but never was it certain he'd make the NHL.

But any way, it is a developmental league, they should trade him cause the kid needs to play.

There was no certainty Grigorenko would have made the NHL but without a lock out, Roy would have known what to do wether or not Grigs makes the NHL. The moment Buffalo sends Grigorenko back to Quebec, Roy has 14 days to trade one of the three. As long as Buffalo doesn't confirm Grigorenko will stay in Quebec even if the lock out ends, Roy can't be 100% sure he'll be back.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
There was no certainty Grigorenko would have made the NHL but without a lock out, Roy would have known what to do wether or not Grigs makes the NHL. The moment Buffalo sends Grigorenko back to Quebec, Roy has 14 days to trade one of the three. As long as Buffalo doesn't confirm Grigorenko will stay in Quebec even if the lock out ends, Roy can't be 100% sure he'll be back.

I know it's in the best interest of the Remparts to keep all 3 for the time being. However I don't think is in the best interest of the players development to be scratched. He should be playing . I just wished they would trade him, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad