W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sorenson....See Ya!

Perhaps not though. Roy says his plan is to rotate all 3 Euros. So Thurs will have Grigorenko and Kucherov, the next game Grigorenko and Sorensen, and then Sunday Kucherov and Sorensen. Probably helps that Duclair will be back in the lineup soon as well.

Only reason I could see him doing that for any extended period of time, though, is if he met with Regier and Regier was unwilling to confirm Grigorenko would stay in the Q the whole year if the lockout ends.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Perhaps not though. Roy says his plan is to rotate all 3 Euros. So Thurs will have Grigorenko and Kucherov, the next game Grigorenko and Sorensen, and then Sunday Kucherov and Sorensen. Probably helps that Duclair will be back in the lineup soon as well.

Only reason I could see him doing that for any extended period of time, though, is if he met with Regier and Regier was unwilling to confirm Grigorenko would stay in the Q the whole year if the lockout ends.

Like I said on your board, Rouyn-Noranda's coach Andre Tourigny, who's a good friend of Roy, says Regier confirmed Grigorenko would stay with Buffalo for the season when the lock out ends.

Fulcrum

my first thought:

Kabanov apologizing, "I was young and stupid..."

just the first thought

spikelechien

Jan 8, 2007
Braeshore
Thanks. That was a pretty goal.

Kucherov looked good out there tonight with Grigorenko and Erne. Stevie "Wonder" has got himself a player, I think.

However, the rest of the Remparts looked like they didn't want to play. In fact, the guy who stole the show was fellow-Russian Valentin Zykov for the Drakkar with 3g 1a +3 and 10 shots. Decent size at 6'1 215 and 2013 draft eligible. Quick release, good down low in front of the net, has the Russian skating-passing thing going for him too (13-9-6-15+9 on the season). Someone should start a thread on him. I have a feeling he is going to put up some decent numbers now that he has his feet wet on this side of the Atlantic.

Fulcrum

Kucherov looked good out there tonight with Grigorenko and Erne. Stevie "Wonder" has got himself a player, I think.

However, the rest of the Remparts looked like they didn't want to play. In fact, the guy who stole the show was fellow-Russian Valentin Zykov for the Drakkar with 3g 1a +3 and 10 shots. Decent size at 6'1 215 and 2013 draft eligible. Quick release, good down low in front of the net, has the Russian skating-passing thing going for him too (13-9-6-15+9 on the season). Someone should start a thread on him. I have a feeling he is going to put up some decent numbers now that he has his feet wet on this side of the Atlantic.

We should see Zykov at SSS.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Nice. Really hoping for the "scouts dream final". That was a wicked playoff series last season and I'd love to see the big duos in Halifax and Quebec go head to head.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I don't know... Bathrust is a massive powerhouse... :)

I think Blainville will actually benefit from not having all that extra attention..

Bathurst will steamroll the mem cup ;) Blainville are well-rounded and deep. All that good stuff for the playoffs. They're not done adding either.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Saw him again this afternoon. He's the kind of player that fans will pay just to see him live. A classic russian sniper. Just looks so easy for him out there. His dangling skills are off the chart, so natural. Hard shot too. Always his head up, distributing the puck like it's nothing.

He isn't really involved in the play, he just kinda hangs around but he definitely knows what to do with the puck. Quick skater and A+ hands. Definitely has the potential to score 80+ pts in the NHL. Reminds me a bit of Semin.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Looks like he's had no trouble adjusting..

Given the way he dominated at international level I did not have doubts his game would translate well at junior level.

As his "subpar" performances in the KHL (yes with limited icetime) it remains to be seen how his game translate to senior level competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad