Confirmed with Link: Vincent Trocheck signs $5.625 x 7

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
ilike-borat.gif

barf. not better than strome. was the extra year or two really worth not going up 400k for copp? bleh
RED:

shet-shit.gif

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
I like this. Probably a bit too long but honestly, there is time to worry about that later. It is a good price the next 3-4 years. He is a legit center who brings about everything we need. He also can play on the third line be good there.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I think it’s an overpayment but that’s what this team does. He’s a good player but the length is too much too.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Giving Tro 5.6 now is not close to giving Drury 7.5 then
You're right, Drury won a Cup with Colorado, and was a 60 point player instead of a 50 point player.

In what world is it smart to give Trocheck 7 years?

Drury panicked and overpaid an OK player. Copp, Strome, Vatrano, Motte out. Trocheck in for 7 years. How are the Rangers improved?

Let me ask you this, a better center becomes available. How the hell are the Rangers getting out of that Trocheck contract? How are they improving? They're stuck with a 50 point player for 7 years.

People here made fun of Lou for Pageau. This is worse. It's 1 year and 500K more for essentially the same player. People made the comment that's why the Islanders aren't going anywhere, because they overpaid middling players. That's exactly this. There's no potential for growth on this deal. He's 29 years old. It's not like gambling on a 24 year old PLD turning from a 60 pt player to a 70+ point player. People really think Trocheck is going to become something he's not?

It's a terrible contract no matter how it's dissected. You don't panic and give Trocheck 7 years. He's worth 4 years. Maybe. "But then he'd ask between 6 and 7 million". He's not worth it.

Drury just completely shut the door on improving the team because of this.

And don't get me started on the Halak signing. Halak is garbage. If Shesterkin gets injured at all this team is f***ed.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I just had to chime in when I heard of this.

When I heard he played a few years with Gallant in Florida, my whole outlook changed on this signing. From 7 years,... are you freakin kidding me,... to a fast, scrappy two way center who should relish his time with his old coach.

Now I will return to my summer-long barbecue.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
I just had to chime in when I heard of this.

When I heard he played a few years with Gallant in Florida, my whole outlook changed on this signing. From 7 years,... are you freakin kidding me,... to a fast, scrappy two way center who should relish his time with his old coach.

Now I will return to my summer-long barbecue.
Exactly, seems like a harsh pill to swallow at first but once you think about it, the player, the current environment, consider needs, other contracts around the league etc.. it's not great but it's far from bad.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
You're right, Drury won a Cup with Colorado, and was a 60 point player instead of a 50 point player.

In what world is it smart to give Trocheck 7 years?

Drury panicked and overpaid an OK player. Copp, Strome, Vatrano, Motte out. Trocheck in for 7 years. How are the Rangers improved?

Let me ask you this, a better center becomes available. How the hell are the Rangers getting out of that Trocheck contract? How are they improving? They're stuck with a 50 point player for 7 years.

People here made fun of Lou for Pageau. This is worse. It's 1 year and 500K more for essentially the same player. People made the comment that's why the Islanders aren't going anywhere, because they overpaid middling players. That's exactly this. There's no potential for growth on this deal. He's 29 years old. It's not like gambling on a 24 year old PLD turning from a 60 pt player to a 70+ point player. People really think Trocheck is going to become something he's not?

It's a terrible contract no matter how it's dissected. You don't panic and give Trocheck 7 years. He's worth 4 years. Maybe. "But then he'd ask between 6 and 7 million". He's not worth it.

Drury just completely shut the door on improving the team because of this.

And don't get me started on the Halak signing. Halak is garbage. If Shesterkin gets injured at all this team is f***ed.
Dude u nailed it
This is all GG's influence
He's gonna kill any chance for us winning
Tro is a 3C, 2C when injuries occur
He was invisible against us in 6 PO games
In 2 years when some actually great Centers are available we aint getting any of them
And laffy may get offer sheet next summer
Ugh..

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The Trocheck deal looks even better when you remember the Islanders are paying Bailey, Pageau & Palmieri each 5M a year
Goodrow.

We now have two 29 year old meh centers locked in for 5 and 7 years more.

I wouldn't be making fun of the Islanders when Drury isn't doing much better.

Reactions: mas0764

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Goodrow.

We now have two 29 year old meh centers locked in for 5 and 7 years more.

I wouldn't be making fun of the Islanders when Drury isn't doing much better.

Theyre paying Cizikias 3.5 on top of that. Trocheck is the best player of the bunch.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Exactly, seems like a harsh pill to swallow at first but once you think about it, the player, the current environment, consider needs, other contracts around the league etc.. it's not great but it's far from bad.
He played well against us in the playoffs. Showed some skill leading the Canes in post-season goals and always seemed like the first one in on the forecheck.

If he clicks with the Breadman, watch out. And he just might have a knack to bury shots at the open net. LOL!

Last edited:

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
In retrospect, trading for Copp was really dumb. It was a lot of assets to rent a winger when we needed a center.

Was Copp a difference maker in us advancing, versus keeping Lafreniere in the top six on a red hot line? Probably not. Could we have gotten a wing cheaper if we wanted a wing? Probably yes.

At the very least, we need better communication between front office and coach in the future. We clearly paid 2C price to get a RW.

Yup. And in theory giving up a second is not bad; but giving in and giving up a first should have made it a pass for us.

Copp said he wanted to go home to Detroit and Vincent took less to get 1 or 2 more years.
Let’s hope Trouba feels the same very very soon.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yup. And in theory giving up a second is not bad; but giving in and giving up a first should have made it a pass for us.

Let’s hope Trouba feels the same very very soon.
We don't make it out of the first round without Trouba. All those wanting him gone will realize exactly how important he is... when it is too late.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Do you think Drury has more tricks up his sleeve? A player on 50% retention or something to that effect? Do we have the cap room even?

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Dude u nailed it
In 2 years when some actually great Centers are available we aint getting any of them
Ugh..
Someone is always going to complain.

Rangers could be better because a 2C is their highest need and Tro is a huge upgrade and much better fitting piece in GGs system.

Yes some players went out but Trocheck is a better all around player than all of them.

Also you have to think there will be continued growth of the young guns who have 4 or less years of NHL experience . Miller, Schneider, Chytil, Laffy, Kakko. A rookie could surprise and make it out of camp like Ohtmann. There could be another deal in the works....a lot can happen.

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
Dude u nailed it
Ugh..
Did you watch the playoffs and really think he was invisible? I think he was the MOST visible forward they had with the possible exception of Seth Jarvis. He was a super annoying pest in the defensive zone, in the dot, and just about anywhere else except perhaps net front.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Did you watch the playoffs and really think he was invisible? I think he was the MOST visible forward they had with the possible exception of Seth Jarvis. He was a super annoying pest in the defensive zone, in the dot, and just about anywhere else except perhaps net front.

Trocheck was Carolina's best and most noticeable player, aside from maybe Jarvis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad