Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
Can't help but feel like the Panthers this year were an aberration. They probably miss the playoffs next year.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Two trades and a free agent signing? And we gave some meaningful assets and picks for the trades.

Good team with promise and a state-tax-free city existing players were gushing about living in?

It really isn't for those who live here. We go to work and go back home after work, just like you probably do.
I've been to the strip there seems like someone won the cup every night lol

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Smith of all people? I know he's a former Panther but idk the story here.

Guy shit on our fanbase. I don’t mind him being salty at the franchise but making comments about the fans is childish and petty.

Also, I know this is a petty reason, but the guy totally sucked in his last year with us. He obviously rebounded with Vegas but I can’t say I was sad to see us move on from him at the time. Doesn’t excuse the way we let him go to Vegas, that was totally handled horribly on our part, but in general I think it was best he was moved.

But it’s mostly him taking shots at the team years afterward. that alone shows enough to me to not like him.

• Haha
Reactions: Seanaconda

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Guy shit on our fanbase. I don’t mind him being salty at the franchise but making comments about the fans is childish and petty.

Also, I know this is a petty reason, but the guy totally sucked in his last year with us. He obviously rebounded with Vegas but I can’t say I was sad to see us move on from him at the time. Doesn’t excuse the way we let him go to Vegas, that was totally handled horribly on our part, but in general I think it was best he was moved.

But it’s mostly him taking shots at the team years afterward. that alone shows enough to me to not like him.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Finnish broadcaster who was in the arena to do the last game: "Hour after the game it was back the basic Vegas strip, a dude in the elevator asked who won." I won't include my thoughts, i'll just say congratulations Golden Knights fans!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Finnish broadcaster who was in the arena to do the last game: "Hour after the game it was back the basic Vegas strip, a dude in the elevator asked who won." I won't include my thoughts, i'll just say congratulations Golden Knights fans!
A city designed to sell people booze and has a high concentration of businesses that spend billions of dollars getting people to party inside their business has a different look after a cup win than a place with the arena located in a parking lot or generally empty central business district. Also, the dude on the elevator was from Topeka or Bakersfield because there's nowhere for a Finnish reporter to be in an elevator outside of the arena that isn't a hotel.

I don't know if people are intentionally trying to crap on the city for personal reasons or if they're just not able to view reality.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
A city designed to sell people booze and has a high concentration of businesses that spend billions of dollars getting people to party inside their business has a different look after a cup win than a place with the arena located in a parking lot or generally empty central business district. Also, the dude on the elevator was from Topeka or Bakersfield because there's nowhere for a Finnish reporter to be in an elevator outside of the arena that isn't a hotel.

I don't know if people are intentionally trying to crap on the city for personal reasons or if they're just not able to view reality.
It seems like the former to me.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Everyone in Vegas lives on the strip, it's just a secret.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Everyone in Vegas lives on the strip, it's just a secret.
Funny, but his accurate point was that everyone who was visiting Vegas Tuesday night was not a hockey fan or here for the game. The reporter framed it as a suggestion that Las Vegans had no idea what was going on, which is laughable because he will not meet a Las Vegan on a hotel elevator and even non hockey locals knew explicitly what was going on....you couldn't escape it here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad