Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
William Karlsson was absolutely hammered.

Attachments

• 20230617_191132.jpg
    20230617_191132.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 8

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The UFC ring announcer tonight calling Vegas "the city of world champions" already.

LOL. Probably referring to the Vegas women's professional basketball team which won their championship, and had a parade before maybe a thousand curious onlookers. Certainly doesn't apply to the hapless Raiders or the soon-to-arrive perennial bottow-dwelling Athletics.

But it wouldn't be Vegas if it (whatever it is at a given moment) wasn't blatantly over-the-top.

William Karlsson was absolutely hammered.
Yeah ....... that needs to stay in Vegas.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
LOL. Probably referring to the Vegas women's professional basketball team which won their championship, and had a parade before maybe a thousand curious onlookers. Certainly doesn't apply to the hapless Raiders or the soon-to-arrive perennial bottow-dwelling Athletics.

But it wouldn't be Vegas if it (whatever it is at a given moment) wasn't blatantly over-the-top.

Yeah ....... that needs to stay in Vegas.
I think it was more a reference to the fact that almost all the winners of other championships come to Vegas, the college basketball tournaments, the Aces, etc.

It is the city of champions.

Basketball players don't go to Kansas City as a team after they win, you know?

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You could tell Karlsson was hammered before he even got a mic. He kept amping the crowd up while McPhee was trying to give a very serious and heartfelt speech and the crowd cheers were drowning him out. I think I have video of it but McPhee was pissed. He was glaring at Karlsson like "are you f***ing serious right now? It can't wait?"

Edit: Pulled what I could from the video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617_235206_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_235206_Gallery.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230617_235225_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_235225_Gallery.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The drone art was incredible but the timing of the reveal was so stupid. They started right in the middle of them putting on a playoffs montage for the players and fans so people weren't really looking up. I did just because my brother noticed.
Would have been nice if they didn't use the lights as they came in and it just appear in the air.

Reactions: HanSolo

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Those lines in bold right there are a big reason why this cup win means so much to people who live in Las Vegas. Thanks for providing an example.

Also if there are teams who deserved it more, maybe one of those teams should have, I don't know, won 16 games in the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs or something.
This is all just ridiculous. Vegas had by far the best team in the NHL this season. All these traditional hockey market gatekeepers can go suck it. Look at the OEL buyout...prime example of why Canadian teams haven't lifted a Cup since 1993. Get better management, and not suck. Until then, your team will continue to....well, suck. Not Vegas' fault.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Crossfire.

Las Vegas was worthy to win the Cup.

No word about it.

But still.

But there are way, way, and I really mean way worthy more NHL-teams to win it. Yo' know who and I don't mean Florida Panthers!

For me and probably most others around the world Las Vegas seems a bit .. of a strange desert place.
For hockey. All (false) glitter and glamour. And nothing else.

Nuthin' real. But everythin' rather unreal.
Not even the Eiffel tower over there are real in that Nevada desert. All fake.

I don't mean the icehockey team of Las Vegas is - fake.

But the rest of the city is.

I call it a crossfire why I do respect the Las Vegas hockeplayers who won the Stanley Cup - and the other ... players in that city. Not so much.

Just say you know nothing about Las Vegas.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad