Vegas Golden Knights are your 2023 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
IMG_20230618_092802_01.jpg

We got a bunch of fake hockey fans waiting in 92 degree heat to meet Mark Stone at a Dicks Sporting Goods meet and greet that the team didn't even publicize (just something Stone posted on his Instagram)

The store doesn't open for another hour and a half.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
View attachment 719034

We got a bunch of fake hockey fans waiting in 92 degree heat to meet Mark Stone at a Dicks Sporting Goods meet and greet that the team didn't even publicize (just something Stone posted on his Instagram)

That’s photoshopped. Nobody actually lives in Vegas. Fake sports town. Undeserving spoiled fans. . I mean fake fans.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
View attachment 719034

Lies. I can clearly see the "Arby's" sign on the top of that building in the distance.

• Haha
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

member 74440

I was originally a very whiny salty Canadian that was upset that in their 6 year existence that Vegas was gonna win a cup. Then I saw all those guys storm the ice and the joy and elation they had wiped all that nonsense away. They earned it. The players, the coaches, the GM and staff. They pushed so hard for this to happen. Made crazy trades, solid FA signings and really just said "this is it, we're getting a cup.".

I firmly believe that Vegas can win a cup again in the next couple years. Easy vote for yes. They will learn in hockey there are lows eventually (barely missing playoffs is shitty but there is worse out there) but I don't think this team is ready to concede that reality anytime soon.

Congrats to Vegas for their well earned Stanley Cup.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Over the moon. Feels like 2018 is redeemed. So happy the Golden Knights did the cup handoff through the original 6 Misfits. Don't care whatever hate comes our way. This is a night I'll never forget.

Must have been a devastatingly difficult 6 years waiting to win the cup.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Devastatingly difficult? No. Cathartic? Yes. I frankly couldn't give a shit about your or anyone else's comparative suffering. Every city in this league has had at least one professional sports franchise for decades if not a century+. Vegas locals have had f*** all to call their own apart from second division minor league teams since the inception of the city aside from the rotting corpse of the once great UNLV basketball program.

This city, in its 100+ year history has always catered entertainment and recreation to the rest of the country and eventually the world before its own community. You're not going to find a single Vegas local from the most casual VGK fan to the biggest hockey nerd who is going to feel bad that we won too quickly. Y'all gripe that Vegas locals didn't wait long enough for a cup, I'd argue that they waited longer than anyone bitching about this to watch a professional home team play professional sports in their city.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

LOL the Flyers won in just 7 years after the 67 expansion. Even your Oilers started their dynasty win just over a decade after coming into existence. If you just include their NHL years, the Oilers won in what, 5 years?

If you think suffering through awful years and having to tank for multiple lottery picks makes it sweeter, it doesn't.

Hemalas

Jun 17, 2023
2023 VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

01. 2012 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
02. 2012 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
03. 2014 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
04. 2014 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
05. 2016 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
06. 2017 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
07. 2018 - Chandler Stephenson - Washington Capitals
08. 2019 - Alex Pietrangelo - St. Louis Blues
09. 2019 - Ivan Barbashev - St. Louis Blues