Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I'm so sick of seeing his name on here and Twitter as if something is actually going down...just trade him already.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
O don't think the Sabres will suspend Jack. What would be the grounds? Hopefully the Sabres and Vegas can come to an agreement, and Jack gets his preferred surgery and we see him playing like the great player he next year.

The plot-twist to this deal will be that when Eichel is dealt to Vegas, he will get the surgery he refused in Buffalo.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Nope, the value never goes down. Nothing has changed except time and with his contract being as long as it is; his value isn’t effected by time. In 3 years it would be since he’d no longer be much more than a rental, ignoring the obvious injury keeping him from playing.

This idea that Eichel value is continuously dropping is nothing more than a way team who want him are trying to convince the Sabres of it. Maybe if other teams actually put some blue chip prospects, solid players and/or picks on the table without asking us to retain ridiculous amounts of money over 5 years this thing would be over with.

If you do nothing while everyone else does something you are less valuable, if you continue doing nothing your value keeps going down. Not hard

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I'd do that. let Monahan Rebuild his value then Flip him @ 50% for a 2nd. Zadorov could be traded at the deadline as well for another 2nd/3rd

Sabres could potentially end up with
1st
2nd/2 2nd
3rd
Zary
Pelletier
if Monahan can improve back to form he should be easily able to net a 1st+

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
aaaand still hadnt gotten the surgery probably

Seriously though, he got injured over 6 months ago and has a ruined neck for over half a year? That would suck just from a normal living perspective. With 0 medical knowledge I'll say this, it can't be healthy to have a herniated disc and just sit on it for nearly a year before getting surgery. It certainly can't help anyway.

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if all the teams Buffalo is talking to have agreed that the replacement disc is fine then why doesn't Buffalo let him get the surgery so at least he can start recovering it.

A healthy Jack Eichel or at least recovering Eichel (to try and get him in this season) would garner more value in a trade.

Reactions: Mitts

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Seriously though, he got injured over 6 months ago and has a ruined neck for over half a year? That would suck just from a normal living perspective. With 0 medical knowledge I'll say this, it can't be healthy to have a herniated disc and just sit on it for nearly a year before getting surgery. It certainly can't help anyway.

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if all the teams Buffalo is talking to have agreed that the replacement disc is fine then why doesn't Buffalo let him get the surgery so at least he can start recovering it.

A healthy Jack Eichel or at least recovering Eichel (to try and get him in this season) would garner more value in a trade.
Simple, if they do that and there is complications, Buffalo is now on the hook for it, not the new team.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Apparently on the NHL Network Kevin Weekes thinks it is close and that Calgary is the top destination.
giphy.gif

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Simple, if they do that and there is complications, Buffalo is now on the hook for it, not the new team.

Eichel is a Sabres player. The Sabres gave him the $10M per contract. He suffered a hockey related injury playing for the Sabres.

The Sabres want the acquiring team to take on all of the money in a flat cap Covid NHL economy and the risk of the disc replacement surgery.

The Sabres want multiple young assets for a player with a bad neck.

Is there any wonder why this trade hasn't been made yet?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Maybe the Sabres are being petty and making sure Eichel can't get healthy in time for the Olympics.

Sabres will not clear him to just play tin the Olympics even if he was healthy. His dad is quoted as saying he
Will never play for the Sabres again.

It would not surprise me at all if he plays game 1 post trade.

there are questions about the injury and when it happened.

prior to the injury he might have previously injured it on his own in offseason causing a weakness in his shoulder and arm which affected his shooting ability.

If Eichel files a greivrnce this stuff on him causing it himself due to contracted activity avoidance violation will come out.

Apparently on the NHL Network Kevin Weekes thinks it is close and that Calgary is the top destination.

both Calgary and Vegas VP of pro scouting were at Sabres games in metro LA.

I am new to this thread. But how does Calgary get Eichel without trading from their top 9? Doesn't seem plausible to me.

They have some equivalencies if the asks are similar

from Calgary Zary+ Anderssen+Tkachuk + 1st in 2023
From Vegas Krebs+ Theodore+Tuch + 2023 1st

Calgary doesn’t have the cap issues that vegas has with prior injured players. It might be easier to do it with Calgary. Vegas might be trying to use a 3rd team to retain on Eichel where Calgary oesnt.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Sabres will not clear him to just play tin the Olympics even if he was healthy. His dad is quoted as saying he
Will never play for the Sabres again.

It would not surprise me at all if he plays game 1 post trade.

there are questions about the injury and when it happened.

prior to the injury he might have previously injured it on his own in offseason causing a weakness in his shoulder and arm which affected his shooting ability.

If Eichel files a greivrnce this stuff on him causing it himself due to contracted activity avoidance violation will come out.

both Calgary and Vegas VP of pro scouting were at Sabres games in metro LA.

They have some equivalencies if the asks are similar

from Calgary Zary+ Anderssen+Tkachuk + 1st in 2023
From Vegas Krebs+ Theodore+Tuch + 2023 1st

Calgary doesn’t have the cap issues that vegas has with prior injured players. It might be easier to do it with Calgary. Vegas might be trying to use a 3rd team to retain on Eichel where Calgary oesnt.
I don’t think they move Tkachuk. They are going for it.
Monahan, Anderssen, Zary, Coronoto, 1st for Eichel, Miller (50%) Eakin (50%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad