Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
But Eichel won't be a short term solution to help at C. Don't follow your thinking, at all.

I think the implication be that it makes it easier for the team to acquire Eichel, then put him on LTIR while Karlsson's salary is temporarily LTIRed as well.

Ledge And Dairy

I'd do that. let Monahan Rebuild his value then Flip him @ 50% for a 2nd. Zadorov could be traded at the deadline as well for another 2nd/3rd

Sabres could potentially end up with
1st
2nd/2 2nd
3rd
Zary
Pelletier
Sam Bennett returned 2 2nds on 12 points and -14 in 38 games, rejuvinated Monahan at 50% should easily return a 1st+. Monahan also has a decent post season track record

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd do that. let Monahan Rebuild his value then Flip him @ 50% for a 2nd. Zadorov could be traded at the deadline as well for another 2nd/3rd

Sabres could potentially end up with
1st
2nd/2 2nd
3rd
Zary
Pelletier

I was thinking they should send Tkachuk to Buffalo, that is if Eichel was to head to Calgary. But it's pretty much said and done he's headed to Vegas.

Calgary:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
Matthew Tkachuk
Jakob Pelleiter
Jusso Valimaki
Cond. 1st based on Eichel playing over 60 games or putting up over 70 points.
Cond. 2nd which may turn into a 1st if Eichel puts up a certain amount of points. If not, it becomes a 2023/2024 2nd.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I would love to add any of Bjork, Girgensons, Hinostroza, or Asplund to the deal. Tage would also be intriguing.
I think they'd part with the first three. They're pretty high on the last two. But, hell, if you're trading Eichel anything could happen.

Ledge And Dairy

I was thinking they should send Tkachuk to Buffalo, that is if Eichel was to head to Calgary. But it's pretty much said and done he's headed to Vegas.

Calgary:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
Matthew Tkachuk
Jakob Pelleiter
Jusso Valimaki
Cond. 1st based on Eichel playing over 60 games or putting up over 70 points.
Cond. 2nd which may turn into a 1st if Eichel puts up a certain amount of points. If not, it becomes a 2023/2024 2nd.
If Buffalo was asking for Tkachuk Flames would have left the table months ago. Calgary is 1st in the pacific and dominating every game, there is no chance they would still be buzzing around Eichel if it meant shipping out a player driving their core

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
If Buffalo was asking for Tkachuk Flames would have left the table months ago. Calgary is 1st in the pacific and dominating every game, there is no chance they would still be buzzing around Eichel if it meant shipping out a player driving their core
That makes sense. Tkachuk should be off the table.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Depends on the return, maybe Buffalo wants 2 of Calgary's top prospects as well as Dube, and so Calgary is scouting to see who they like to even out a deal. All I'm saying is who would interest me

As I said before it’s likely a bigger deal involving a roster player fir roster player match.

Buffalo gets a higher $4M+ player and sends back one of their lower salary player.

if buffalo takes back say 3 nhl roster contracts they need to balance that out and not fire them to send down ELCs,

Ledge And Dairy

As I said before it’s likely a bigger deal involving a roster player fir roster player match.

Buffalo gets a higher $4M+ player and sends back one of their lower salary player.

if buffalo takes back say 3 nhl roster contracts they need to balance that out and not fire them to send down ELCs,
All speculation though, I personally would like to avoid moving Dube and would 100% be against moving Mangiapane, nothing wrong with Calgary adding a cheap depth player to fill a hole while Eichel is out though if Buffalo just wants more futures

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
exactly, Im surprised Vegas is sniffing too. These teams can't afford to give up roster assets and keep the season going. In the offseason I can see it happening. Why would these teams gut their roster for a player who can't play this year?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
exactly, Im surprised Vegas is sniffing too. These teams can't afford to give up roster assets and keep the season going. In the offseason I can see it happening. Why would these teams gut their roster for a player who can't play this year?

I think any deal involving Eichel will be futures heavy, however the Flames can afford to lose Monahan in a three way deal. That’s just my opinion.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Because he can play in the playoffs? It really would be difficult for Vegas to do this without giving up the players from the squad and they have a lot of injuries now. But Calgary could easily have done this by sending Monahan, who seems to be playing in their bottom 6, and Zadorov, who does not play at all + prospects who are also not yet in the lineup. So the Flames could probably have gotten Eichel without sending any of their top 6 or top 4.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
if the flames were smart and they wanted Eichel, they should Tkachuk the other way.

he is a detriment to any team if you ask me, he is an idiot, a coward and will keep the flames from achieving success IMO

Ledge And Dairy

Well Calgary kinda can, but the deal has to be around Monahan as the main cap piece going the other way. Right now SM is the most expendable of Calgary's 5M+ players, and Zadorov being the most expendable of all team members. Hook a bunch of futures to them and a deal is definitely possible.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Because he can play in the playoffs? It really would be difficult for Vegas to do this without giving up the players from the squad and they have a lot of injuries now. But Calgary could easily have done this by sending Monahan, who seems to be playing in their bottom 6, and Zadorov, who does not play at all + prospects who are also not yet in the lineup. So the Flames could probably have gotten Eichel without sending any of their top 6 or top 4.
***Might*** be able too

He might also never be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad