Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Can any (possibly) older folks here remember a trade that was "in the works" for this long, or longer?

No, we didnt have social media keeping us updated. We just read the newspaper that the boy on the corner was selling. He would sell us on it before we even bought it. "Extra! Extra! Jack Eichel trade in the works!" Papers back in those days only cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Calgary VP Don Maloney was at the Sabres games in Ana and LA. Tells me Flames are very much in this and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there in a bigger deal then just Eichel leaving Buffalo.
Wouldn't a Calgary executive attending a game suggest that they were interested in somebody playing the game? I can sit at home and scout Eichel just as well as someone attending a Buffalo game can.

Ledge And Dairy

Or a 24 year old peak athlete is fine in 4 months and Buffalo ends up with an average prospect, a late first round pick, and a roster player that gets ditched at the deadline
Well first off he turned 25 a few days ago so its gonna be hard for him to be 24 again.
Secondly Krebs is definitely an above average prospect.

I feel like you dont realize that the receiving team is the one taking on all the risk, and that Buffalo is not only going to get a single prospect in return

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Can any (possibly) older folks here remember a trade that was "in the works" for this long, or longer?

I wasn't around for the 1991-1992 Lindros trade drama, but Lindros also sat out the 2000-01 season to force a trade from Philadelphia. It was the days before social media, but rumors of him being traded to Toronto seemed to pop up every week. Before the eventual trade to the Rangers was finalized, I remember somebody found hidden profiles for Kim Johnsson, Jan Hlavac, and Pavel Brendl on the Flyers' web site.

Reactions: CanuckCity

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

no, but this is exceptional case, and in these new-age times
a top-2 skater, still very young, but with a serious injury still not fully treated
a management group of a beleaguered team 'negotiating' in the press

very glad my NYR re-signed Zib, basically ending the constant chatter associating them to this expensive, risky, distracting mess

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I wasn't around for the 1991-1992 Lindros trade drama, but Lindros also sat out the 2000-01 season to force a trade from Philadelphia. It was the days before social media, but rumors of him being traded to Toronto seemed to pop up every week. Before the eventual trade to the Rangers was finalized, I remember somebody found hidden profiles for Kim Johnsson, Jan Hlavac, and Pavel Brendl on the Flyers' web site.

And that trade was a solid return then. It only became bad. The Flyers got a guy who just scored 64 points in Hlavac, a recent 4th overall draft pick who still was highly regarded and hadn’t busted, and a reliable 20 point per year young dman who was expected to keep growing. And a 3rd rounder two years later (Stefan Ruzicka)

Reactions: cwede

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
looking at capfriendly, vegas has 5.75 in LTIR relief remaining, so they may need to clear 5.75m in cap and an additional $10m for eichel. tuch, theodore, smith would do that. brisson as the prospect. conditional 1st. then a 2nd for taking on 15m in salary. sabres could include hinostroza & caggiula with eichel as roster filler for vegas until stone & maxpac return.

probably makes both sides unhappy.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How long did it take for Duchene to get traded from Colorado?
Seemed like an eternity, Sakic got a great return though.
Was Duchene injured, requiring surgery, and very likely to miss several months in recovery?
It's a much different situation. I don't think there is a comparable.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Was Duchene injured, requiring surgery, and very likely to miss several months in recovery?
It's a much different situation. I don't think there is a comparable.
I never said it was comparable, look at the post I quoted. The poster asked about other deals that took a long time.
Just looked it up by the way, it took 11 months.

ricku

Feb 19, 2015
Yes, Eichel is an elite 1C, but he hasn't played hockey for eight months and he wants to do an experimental operation (for NHL), maybe he will never be the same. This is a risk.
If it’s such a risk, don’t take him! Let’s trade him to the Flames or, just keep him. We control his rights for 5 years

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Since the news came out that it was close...
200w.gif

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
Seravalli talked about on his podcast. Pretty much sounds like Eichel's gonna file a grievance before a trade happens.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
as per a lot of BUF users on CF ACGM... BUF is looking for 2 youngish legit NHL players, 1st-2022, 1-A+ Prospect...

1st-2022 (VGK)
Krebs/Brisson
A.Tuch
N.Hague (is he considered as a "youngish legit" NHL player?)

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
No, you wouldn't.

The majority of people here would move halfway across their country for another 50k per year, but these same people would leave 50mil on the table because it's moral, just stop.

Who's talking about morality? If I truly believe my best shot at a better life is this surgery, then I better be willing to take the risk and have it done.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Who's talking about morality? If I truly believe my best shot at a better life is this surgery, then I better be willing to take the risk and have it done.
You wouldn't keep the 50 million and when the contract is over seek the surgery you wanted? Interesting strategy.
If Eichel voids that contract, he won't get another offer of 8x10m. He'll start down a peg and maybe never get it back.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

So Vegas having a hard time with the finances of this trade. Huh, who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad