Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Would you throw away $50 Million?

But he won't be throwing away money. The surgery he has so much confidence in will be a success and he will heal up and be playing again in 2-3 months right? How is he throwing any money away? Even if buffalo cancels his contract he will be resigned for huge money again instantly with his new healthy neck right?

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Is it done yet?

iu

A trade is imminent.
640-01355871en_Masterfile.jpg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
But he won't be throwing away money. The surgery he has so much confidence in will be a success and he will heal up and be playing again in 2-3 months right? How is he throwing any money away? Even if buffalo cancels his contract he will be resigned for huge money again instantly with his new healthy neck right?
There's risk with neck surgery period. Stop acting like a morally superior jilted lover.

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I cheer for a west div team you guys have already given away a #1C for scraps. Krebs is solid but Eichel is a top 10 player in the league.
Yes, Eichel is an elite 1C, but he hasn't played hockey for eight months and he wants to do an experimental operation (for NHL), maybe he will never be the same. This is a risk.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Yes, Eichel is an elite 1C, but he hasn't played hockey for eight months and he wants to do an experimental operation (for NHL), maybe he will never be the same. This is a risk.
Or a 24 year old peak athlete is fine in 4 months and Buffalo ends up with an average prospect, a late first round pick, and a roster player that gets ditched at the deadline

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
a good prospect should not be the best thing coming back for an elite nhl forward.
Well, probably it would not only be Krebs, a couple of good things. We're not talking about that Jack Eichel who was on fire in the 18-20 seasons.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Or a 24 year old peak athlete is fine in 4 months and Buffalo ends up with an average prospect, a late first round pick, and a roster player that gets ditched at the deadline
I do not consider Krebs to be an average prospect, and of course I would like to get a couple more good things in the deal.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
gonna be so funny when eichel goes to a different team. the longer this goes on, the more apparent it is that these "insiders" are just blowing smoke trying to will things into existence

Reactions: Dirty Dog

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
gonna be so funny when eichel goes to a different team. the longer this goes on, the more apparent it is that these "insiders" are just blowing smoke trying to will things into existence

Calgary VP Don Maloney was at the Sabres games in Ana and LA. Tells me Flames are very much in this and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there in a bigger deal then just Eichel leaving Buffalo.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
So apparently Eichel's surgery takes three months to recover from, so Vegas would need to have the cap room to have him back in the lineup. This "deal" makes even less sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad