Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If Eichel believes so strongly in the alternative surgery, he should go ahead and take the risk. Is there anything to keep him from doing so, other than he might lose salary or insurance money?
Would you throw away $50 Million?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Is it done yet?

iu

Reactions: ottomaddox

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Dear Vegas, please hurry on Eichel trade so Theodore can be flipped to LA. Thank you.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Buffalo Sabres
Vegas Golden Knights' first-round pick of 2022
Brendan Brisson
Vitaly Kravtsov

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel

New York Rangers
Reilly Smith

,,,with more pieces in play

Calgary or Colorado or Anaheim and others could make a better offer than that. A Vegas deal needs Krebs (assuming no Theodore). Zary, Newhook, McTavish etc would be better than Brisson, Kravstov.

BuffaloKatanas

Jan 11, 2014
Boca Raton, FL
He hasn't played or gotten surgery, and the rest of the NHL is playing games.

His value has dropped and continues to drop.

Holy Assumption Batman. We have absolutely no visibility into what the earlier offers were here and what they are now. Is it possible his value has dropped? Of course. But people need to stop thinking they know what is really happening. You don't.

Also, just because you wouldn't do something doesn't mean a GM in this league won't. We just saw one give up a mid 1st and a 2nd for Ristolainen.

Reactions: banks and BatVader

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
At this point, I think it's a 90% chance that Vegas is the team acquiring Eichel. Usually when leaks come this late into the game, the t's are getting crossed and i's are being dotted. The likely hold-up is the contingency compensation in the event Eichel cannot recover from surgery. But this deal will likely be finalized by mid-week, I would think. Unless a poison pill is introduced that collapses the entire trade.

I wouldn't be shocked if the deal involves Tuch, Hague and picks. The Sabres are loaded with young, smaller prospects and I'd imagine that adding some size is a factor in this deal. I could be wrong, but I think the Sabres concede on Krebs and Theodore while the Knights give in and offer Tuch and Hague as main principles. There could also be another salary piece going back to Buffalo to make the money work.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Seravalli seems like the new Bob MacKenzie to me. After he absolutely crushed the expansion draft I value his word more than the other insiders.

Reactions: banks

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Holy Assumption Batman. We have absolutely no visibility into what the earlier offers were here and what they are now. Is it possible his value has dropped? Of course. But people need to stop thinking they know what is really happening. You don't.

Also, just because you wouldn't do something doesn't mean a GM in this league won't. We just saw one give up a mid 1st and a 2nd for Ristolainen.

It's pretty simple Eichel is doing nothing while everyone else is either playing or recovering in order to play.

Doing something is worth more than doing nothing and the longer you do nothing the less value you have

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
At this point, I think it's a 90% chance that Vegas is the team acquiring Eichel. Usually when leaks come this late into the game, the t's are getting crossed and i's are being dotted. The likely hold-up is the contingency compensation in the event Eichel cannot recover from surgery. But this deal will likely be finalized by mid-week, I would think. Unless a poison pill is introduced that collapses the entire trade.

I wouldn't be shocked if the deal involves Tuch, Hague and picks. The Sabres are loaded with young, smaller prospects and I'd imagine that adding some size is a factor in this deal. I could be wrong, but I think the Sabres concede on Krebs and Theodore while the Knights give in and offer Tuch and Hague as main principles. There could also be another salary piece going back to Buffalo to make the money work.
But we need centers/prospects of a center, and least of all we need LD. Krebs should probably be the main figure.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Is there no way Buffalo lets Eichel get the surgery his way, then he plays his value up?
The entire worry from the Buffalo side is that this surgery will result in him being unable to play forever. Eichel rightfully wants to take the path he deems best for him and he should be allowed too, with an immediate contract cancellation agreement if it comes to it, or a trade as they are attempting now. Best wishes to Eichel as him recovering and playing adds another 90 point+ player to the league and the extra excitement that entails.

Reactions: hn777

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006

I don’t see any way the Sabres take this deal w/o Krebs.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

I think you’re likely right, though I’d prefer he went to Calgary, if they’re still in it.
As a Jets fan…f*** Vegas

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Vegas doesn't have enough enticing things to trade for him though.

We need a center coming back.
Come on now, this is ridiculous. There might be some debate over what is actually going to be included, but some combination of Tuch, Theodore, Krebs, Brisson, Dorofeyev, Dean is absolutely enough enticing things to potentially include

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Is there no way Buffalo lets Eichel get the surgery his way, then he plays his value up?

It won't happen. If Buffalo's doctors won't sign off on this surgery now, they surely won't clear him to play games if he goes off and gets the surgery on his own.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

If there isnt a Krebs return Adams closes the line .

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Seravalli seems like the new Bob MacKenzie to me. After he absolutely crushed the expansion draft I value his word more than the other insiders.
The other insiders had a gag order for that. He was being beaten to the punch or lacking completely during free agent frenzy

Reactions: InfinityIggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad