Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I feel bad for BUFF and their fans. They're going to lose any deal regardless. Futures are such a risky get as you never know what they turn out to be, and they certainly aren't getting the same equivalent level talent back. Vegas get much better if they can swing this deal. Man, they become an instant top contender in the west.

That is all based on the assumption that Eichel is healthy sometime soon.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Well, you go to the cup your first year, it's easier to call it a cinderella run if they turn back into a pumpkin. But they never did, they stayed consistently efficient, but come playoffs they fall apart. You can defend them by claiming they ran into hot goalies or good teams, or a horrible officiating decision, but, living in Vegas, the sentiment is disappointment. After the first year, when they traded for Stone, everyone was convinced he was the piece. He wasn't. The next year everyone was convinced Petro was the piece. He wasn't. Maybe Eichel will be, and for their sake, if they trade for him he better be, because they've mortgaged a lot of the future. Granted, you go for it when you are close, but it's a dangerous game if it doesn't work because I don't know how well this team will do in this city when they're a fringe team with a lot of old guys and very little in the prospect pool. You've already seen it here early. They struggle out the gates and suddenly I'm able to buy tickets for 42 bucks, which was unheard of at any other point.

Based on the results, they "fall apart in the playoffs" less than every team except the reigning 2 time Champs.

Which is the whole problem with your argument: unreasonable expectations.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Buffalo Sabres
Alex Tuch
Reilly Smith
Brendan Brisson
Golden Knights' first-round pick of 2022

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Probably a great prospect and conditional picks.

It would be especially forward thinking to have potential conditional picks going to Vegas if Eichels surgery doesnt pan out

Reactions: Fatass

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
You mean the guy who broke the entire expansion draft?

He's legit

Frank is a quality insider and I believe in his reporting, but he only broke the expansion draft since TSN and Sportsnet were told by the NHL to stay silent. Perfect opportunity for him and DFO to jump on that, however.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Vegas is going to get that piece that puts them over the hump and the overwhelming favorite to win the west…… for the 3rd year in a row :laugh:

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
Conditional picks for the remaining years ?

He plays year 1 (2nd round pick)
Year 2 (3rd round pick)
Year 3 (4th round pick)
Year 4 (3rd round pick)
Year 5 (4th round pick)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buffalo Sabres
Alex Tuch
Reilly Smith
Brendan Brisson
Golden Knights' first-round pick of 2022

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel
That's fair. Not a great haul for Buffalo, by any means, but fair. I wonder if VGK might have to add in a conditional 2nd...something like that. A late'ish 1st is nice but not all that valuable.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I don’t know why but I feel Chicago will be involved some way? It’s goes back a few years, Lehner deal, Janmark deal and again this summer with the Fleury deal, Chicago I believe is owed a ‘favour’ due the fact no sweetener in picks or prospects…haven’t had many agree with me in that I I’ve always felt their was a ‘waiting for another shoe to drop’ type feeling
But…and I mean a BIG but…that was old GM moves so who knows…

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Didn't "this Seravalli" guy prove himself during the expansion draft that he has insider knowledge? No guarantee he's right, but I'll take him about as seriously as I would any insider now.

Again, "working on the framework'" means nothing more than the two teams talked because that's what teams do. They work on the framework for deals right after they say hello to each other on the phone.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Again, "working on the framework'" means nothing more than the two teams talked because that's what teams do. They work on the framework for deals right after they say hello to each other on the phone.
So you're assuming that it's nothing? Why would the guy bother making a post if it's completely nothing? I know you'll say "just to drum up hits," but clearly he's built a pretty good reputation for reporting. I think these discussions are more than just a framework in a general sense - it's them actually trying to frame a deal.

The point here though is that you tried to write him off as a nobody. That's certainly not fair.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I still don’t get how Colorado doesn’t make this work with Vegas being a huge threat in getting Jack. If Eichel ends up in Vegas they’re the best team in the west by a lot imo.

To Colorado:
Eichel
Eakin (50%)
Dell (50%)

To Buffalo:
Girard
Newhook
Compher
McDermid
2023 first
2022 second

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
UuBDljO.gif

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Christ. VGK wins a cup in the next 3 years if they get Eichel at a discount.

Maybe. Nobody knows how durable Eichel will be post-surgery or how close to his pre-injury ability he will ever play again. Any team trading for him is taking a huge gamble which is why there hasn't been a trade yet.

Reactions: OTC

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather Eichel sit for 2 - 3 years while the deal is worked out, and never recover his potential, and possibly retire at 26 as long it gets Buffalo some better pieces in the trade. I've been building this franchise since the 70s.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Maybe Calgary are still in.

for them both to be at a Sabres game means I TS a much bigger deal likely involving 7+ nhl players

likr I said a component in the deal people are forgetting is Vegas and Calgary are both tight against the cap so the money coming and going is closer to equal ir more going to Buffalo.

so there could be flips of higher cost players getting replaced by lower salaried players like Bjork for Dadanov which Sabres vegas around $3.6M in 22/23. Buffalo could retain 50% on players like Miller and Butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad