Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Didn’t the Leafs do that with Kessel? I think it’s been done before. Plus, if retaining on Jack gets a better return why not do that?

They also did it before the flat cap era.

Regardless, it appears the Pegulas have no interest in it and good luck for Vegas finding another team to do it for less than a premium asset since not a lot of teams have the space to do it.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That's the only logical takeaway if you're painting them as some sort of perpetual disappointment because they haven't won a Cup the last couple years.
Well, you go to the cup your first year, it's easier to call it a cinderella run if they turn back into a pumpkin. But they never did, they stayed consistently efficient, but come playoffs they fall apart. You can defend them by claiming they ran into hot goalies or good teams, or a horrible officiating decision, but, living in Vegas, the sentiment is disappointment. After the first year, when they traded for Stone, everyone was convinced he was the piece. He wasn't. The next year everyone was convinced Petro was the piece. He wasn't. Maybe Eichel will be, and for their sake, if they trade for him he better be, because they've mortgaged a lot of the future. Granted, you go for it when you are close, but it's a dangerous game if it doesn't work because I don't know how well this team will do in this city when they're a fringe team with a lot of old guys and very little in the prospect pool. You've already seen it here early. They struggle out the gates and suddenly I'm able to buy tickets for 42 bucks, which was unheard of at any other point.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Didn’t the Leafs do that with Kessel? I think it’s been done before. Plus, if retaining on Jack gets a better return why not do that?

The Leafs are still paying it now, when they desperately need the cap space to compete. It is a perfect example of why you shouldn't do it.

Reactions: JThorne

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They also did it before the flat cap era.

Regardless, it appears the Pegulas have no interest in it and good luck for Vegas finding another team to do it for less than a premium asset since not a lot of teams have the space to do it.
The Sabres will end up with no return if Vegas has to find a third team to help with cap. Don’t see why the
Sabres just don’t retain. They need to get to th3 cap floor anyway.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Sabres will end up with no return if Vegas has to find a third team to help with cap. Don’t see why the

My guess is that it has gotten personal for the Pegulas.

And they will get their return or Vegas doesn’t get Eichel. Adams has proven to be way more patient than anyone expected.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
My guess is that it has gotten personal for the Pegulas.

And they will get their return or Vegas doesn’t get Eichel. Adams has proven to be way more patient than anyone expected.
Or Jack stays a Sabre.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Didnt say he was better then everyone just say he can do stuff on the ice like Mac cros matth Leon only can do skill wise then there are maybe more then them They are better but skill Wise its like only
5 centers WHO can do these stuff like Eich
Well price, Andersen, Holtby can do stuff on the ice differently too, doesn't make them better... truth be told jack is talented and a top 10 to12 C when healthy, but there are 7 or 8 light years ahead .

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Bruins ready to be involved as the 3rd team and take Thedore ;)

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If Eichel was tradeable he would've been traded by now. Buffalo is asking the moon for him, and I can't blame them, but no team is going to give fair market value for a player in Eichel's condition with his contract. As for me, I wouldn't want the Wings trading for him with his cap hit and the possibility that he may return with permanent lasting effects due to the neck injury and surgery. 10m per for a guy who may have long-term extremity weakness due to nerve damage and an injury that can easily recur in a high-speed contact sport? No thanks.
He is being traded. Complex deal . Relax. He will be gone soon and Vegas is probably the destination

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Is it possible that Buffalo is moving Eichel because they believe they're in win-now mode given their great start and want to capitalize?

What are Buffalo's needs?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So why move Eichel? He can sit on LTIR and they can use that "temporary" money to build. It's not like he's coming back anytime soon, he still needs surgery...

Because that's the resolution to the impasse between him and the Sabres? He's not getting better without surgery, and he's not agreeing with the Sabres' doctors about what surgery to get.

Also, he's not on LTIR, just regular IR. The Sabres are at the cap floor.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I feel bad for BUFF and their fans. They're going to lose any deal regardless. Futures are such a risky get as you never know what they turn out to be, and they certainly aren't getting the same equivalent level talent back. Vegas get much better if they can swing this deal. Man, they become an instant top contender in the west.

Reactions: Professor Chaos

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So why move Eichel? He can sit on LTIR and they can use that "temporary" money to build. It's not like he's coming back anytime soon, he still needs surgery...

Eichel does not want to play again for Buffalo.

if a trade doesn’t happen he likely gets suspended without pay.

Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad