Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Unless Vegas wants to play LTIR games all season or somebody with a 5+ AAV salary waives their NTC, I don't see how it's not Tuch.

Why they traded for Dadonov I'll never know.

Because they paid a 3rd and a 3rd pairing D for a guy who'll score 20 goals. It was a smart buy low move.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
After Joker (their best d-man Henri Jokiharju) and Mittelstadt (their #1 center) gets back from injury
and players acquired from Eichel trade arrives - a hot take : Buffalo becomes Stanley Cup contender

D

Jokiharju was great last season, even thou Sabres sucked, their fan favorite

Dahlin has recovered from 1 mediocre 1 terrible season nicely, nice job Granato!.

Bryson been soo good, he is one of the best skaters in East, not just d-men

Miller...Miller has surprised me the most i think, he has played at 17-18 level

Hägg.... i thought he was supposed to be shit, said Flyers fans,
he has played well with his strength's and Granato has weave'd out his mistakes

+ who ever joins from Vegas after the trade = surprisingly good 6, how ever you look at it
(if that's Shea Theodore...holy shits, that d looks really good then, or Nic Hague, who has finally developed
and grown to his 6 foot 6 body, he is having breakout season, even thou Vegas has sucked)

+ Owen Power

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
Cool, I would like to see Eichel in the pacific.
Which players would go to Buffalo?
10 million Dollar cap hit, you gotta assume 1 big roster player will be going to Buffalo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After Joker (their best d-man Henri Jokiharju) and Mittelstadt (their #1 center) gets back from injury
and players acquired from Eichel trade arrives - a hot take : Buffalo becomes Stanley Cup contender

D

Dahlin has recovered from 1 mediocre 1 terrible season nicely, nice job Granato!.

+ who ever joins from Vegas after the trade = surprisingly good 6, how ever you look at it
(if that's Shea Theodore...holy shits, that d looks really good then, or Nic Hague, who has finally developed
and grown to his 6 foot 6 body, he is having breakout season, even thou Vegas has sucked)

+ Owen Power

What exactly set this off?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Since the draft, his value has dropped significantly. At that point if a team offered that, Sabres would have said NO... but now, it's a different story. Each day that passes, makes it more likely Eichel misses the whole season and makes this whole situation worse, which makes his value continue to drop.

Eichel is supposed to be in his prime right now... he's missing a massive season right in the middle of his prime due to a very serious injury. It's terrifying to bring in a massive contract when it's a complete unknown how he will be afterwards
Lol. What a horrible take.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY

D

+ Owen Power
You're alright in my book, GeorgeLeafer12. Buffalo needs you. Your optimism. I think you can inspire a room.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Please explain why.

Very very curious to hear

It's a very well known fact his value has dropped massively
I’m wondering if the Sabres will have to retain salary on Jack? Or do they bring in a third team to do that?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Good luck getting a team willing to retain for 4.75 seasons.
Didn’t the Leafs do that with Kessel? I think it’s been done before. Plus, if retaining on Jack gets a better return why not do that?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I’m wondering if the Sabres will have to retain salary on Jack? Or do they bring in a third team to do that?
I think it was Friedman a few weeks ago who said that the Avs asked whether the Sabres were willing to retain, since the Avs feel/felt they needed the Sabres to retain some of Eichel's salary in order to make it work within their cap structure, and the Sabres responded with absolutely not. Apparently, the talks between the Avs/Sabres died right there. It sounds like it's a line in the sand for Buffalo's management/owners, even if it means a significantly lesser return.

And I'm guessing the cost to convince a third team to retain salary would be so astronomical it simply wouldn't be worth it for either the Sabres or the team receiving Eichel.

Reactions: Fatass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad