Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I think Laurent Brossoit could be an unexpected addition to a trade. At $2.3m, he could be the missing cap in a trade and the Knights might look to have Logan Thompson up.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I do not see Theodore as part of a framework return.

Although Eichel can be an impact player he is a question mark when it comes to his health. He is also a disgruntled player demanding a trade. This simply does not command VGK's best d-man.

1st, Carrier, Krebs, 4th round pick in 2022, conditional 5th round pick in 2023.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Anaheim had a good core of young players to work around. They started being playoff threats with their 03 Finals run and outside a small handful of off years they never went into a rebuild until a couple years ago.

When Vegas fizzles out they're likely going to need a hard rebuild. Pacioretty has maybe two or three more good years. Stone maybe four. The Karlsson line is never going to be better than they are now. Tuch doesn't seem like he'll be much more than a 40 maybe 50 point guy. Pietrangelo already looks to be somewhat outside his prime. Martinez has maybe two good years left.

You trade Theodore and Krebs and it won't be long until Eichel is centering a Calgary-esque playoff bubble team with no threat to win a cup. I understand as well as anyone how "win-now" Vegas is. But their aggressive trade and sign strategy will bite them in a hurry and especially if Eichel doesn't recover 100%
If I were a Golden Knights fan I wouldn't be worried about 3,4 or 5 years in the future. I'd be hoping my organization would want to ice the best team possible on the ice now and for the foreseeable future. That's not to say I would want my team making stupid trades and pissing away assets on rentals or over the hill players. Eichel isn't a rental and he's young and in the prime of his career. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't be a cornerstone for that team moving forward. You know what helps develop young talent? Having good players already in place as role models and to buffer young talent. Having an organization that players will want to come to and stay in. Hoarding prospects and picks seems like a great idea until you realize just how few of them actually pan out. For the record I doubt Vegas is moving Theodore. It's far more likely to be lesser players included as the necessary salary component, with Buffalo wanting prospects and picks to add to their rebuild.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think Laurent Brossoit could be an unexpected addition to a trade. At $2.3m, he could be the missing cap in a trade and the Knights might look to have Logan Thompson up.

Having an unproven NHL backup is generally a bad idea

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
There are 30 (now 31) teams who have accomplished the same thing Vegas has in the past 3 years. If you’re happy with good seasons ending with disappointing results then more power to you. Just being a solid contender gets old when the ending becomes predictable.

By your logic, the Lightning are the only team that's been run competently the last couple years.

So...interesting take.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Can someone explain why Tuch isn't included in in the expected Vegas package? I sorted through a bunch of the thread, but I didn't see a similar question.

With all Vegas' injuries, shouldn't it be a forgone conclusion that a guy already on LTIR should go back to Buffalo? Also don't they need to send out salary?

Something like Tuch, Krebs, 1st as a base and then add Brossoit and Anderson to the deal to help make the dollars work?

Obviously Eichel couldn't play until the playoffs to make the deal cap compliant. If he does come back they could always make a second deal to clear some cap.

Unless Vegas wants to play LTIR games all season or somebody with a 5+ AAV salary waives their NTC, I don't see how it's not Tuch.

Why they traded for Dadonov I'll never know.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Lucic
Zadorov
Pelletier
22/23/24/25 firsts
Any other b prospects you like

for

Eichel
22/23/24/25 7ths

fax the paperwork

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If I were a Golden Knights fan I wouldn't be worried about 3,4 or 5 years in the future. I'd be hoping my organization would want to ice the best team possible on the ice now and for the foreseeable future. That's not to say I would want my team making stupid trades and pissing away assets on rentals or over the hill players. Eichel isn't a rental and he's young and in the prime of his career. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't be a cornerstone for that team moving forward. You know what helps develop young talent? Having good players already in place as role models and to buffer young talent. Having an organization that players will want to come to and stay in. Hoarding prospects and picks seems like a great idea until you realize just how few of them actually pan out. For the record I doubt Vegas is moving Theodore. It's far more likely to be lesser players included as the necessary salary component, with Buffalo wanting prospects and picks to add to their rebuild.
always worrying about the future is bad because the future may never come. Look at my Oilers, 12 years of hearing how bright our future is, tank a year, get a high draft pick and hope for the best, rebuild after rebuild because there is no guarantee being bad makes you better. I'd trade it all for a cup win and playoff success. You can't get caught up in trying be good in the future, because there is a present as well. You need to ice the best team and go for the wins.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
By your logic, the Lightning are the only team that's been run competently the last couple years.

So...interesting take.
Its a terrible take and I called him out on it last night but stopped replying because its like talking to a wall. He's so densely stuck on that line of thinking. Theres is no world in which making it the 3rd round of the playoffs every year except one is seen as anything but successful. There are teams in the NHL that have NEVER made it to the finals, let alone the 3rd round in their history. Those team are not successful. I certainly wouldn't lump Vegas in with those teams.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
How bitter are you? You keep posting the same thing trying to dismiss Vegas. As a Leaf fan, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Vegas has had more success than the Leafs over the past....well over their entire existence. They may shoot themselves in the foot with this trade, but they're going for it. Good for them and their fans.
Bitter? I’m not. I’ve just seen it before. The point was that adding another star doesn’t make them anything more. At the end of the day the endgame is to win a cup. If you mortgage your future and it doesn’t work out then there are consequences.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Do you guys think Tuch, Krebs, Hague, and a first is fair? Maybe add a second round pick as well?

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Imagine this scenario: Vegas-Tampa Stanley cup finals and Eichel gonna be LTIRred until playoffs, Kucherov gonna be LTIRred until Olympics and again right after Olympics

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Its a terrible take and I called him out on it last night but stopped replying because its like talking to a wall. He's so densely stuck on that line of thinking. Theres is no world in which making it the 3rd round of the playoffs every year except one is seen as anything but successful. There are teams in the NHL that have NEVER made it to the finals, let alone the 3rd round in their history. Those team are not successful. I certainly wouldn't lump Vegas in with those teams.
OR…. I have a different way of seeing it? Don’t be arrogant. As a sharks fan does it really matter that they were as consistent as it came for twenty years? No, it means very little if they don’t win the cup. That’s what we all want. To see our team win a championship, so don’t act like how you see things is the only logical manner. That’s flat out obnoxious.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

Although Eichel can be an impact player he is a question mark when it comes to his health. He is also a disgruntled player demanding a trade. This simply does not command VGK's best d-man.

1st, Carrier, Krebs, 4th round pick in 2022, conditional 5th round pick in 2023.
Need to add another 5th (sarcasm)

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Bitter? I’m not. I’ve just seen it before. The point was that adding another star doesn’t make them anything more. At the end of the day the endgame is to win a cup. If you mortgage your future and it doesn’t work out then there are consequences.
So you write about how they haven't done anything, but when they try to improve by adding a top player, then they should look at their future instead, in case it doesn't work out? So you're proposing mediocrity...don't sell the future for now, just in case now doesn't work out. I suppose that's one way to go.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Do you guys think Tuch, Krebs, Hague, and a first is fair? Maybe add a second round pick as well?
As a Buffalo fan I'd be happy but there will need to be more parts involved.
I think this will be a real life Bernmeister deal.

I'm guessing: Eichel, Bjork, Johnson and Miller 50% retained to Vegas.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Y
OR…. I have a different way of seeing it? Don’t be arrogant. As a sharks fan does it really matter that they were as consistent as it came for twenty years? No, it means very little if they don’t win the cup. That’s what we all want. To see our team win a championship, so don’t act like how you see things is the only logical manner. That’s flat out obnoxious.
you are the obnoxious one, acting all pig headed pretending Vegas hasn’t been successful since joining the league.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So you write about how they haven't done anything, but when they try to improve by adding a top player, then they should look at their future instead, in case it doesn't work out? So you're proposing mediocrity...don't sell the future for now, just in case now doesn't work out. I suppose that's one way to go.
I didn’t propose anything. My original post before everyone decided to create their own narrative was in response to someone saying that if Vegas got Eichel they would be the heavy favorites to win, to which I responded “that’s what they said when they got Stone and then Petro”. For some reason you and everyone else decided to stand on a soapbox and rant about how I said they shouldn’t go for it (which I never said. Frankly I hope they do).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Have to make the money work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad