Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'd rather Eichel sit for 2 - 3 years while the deal is worked out, and never recover his potential, and possibly retire at 26 as long it gets Buffalo some better pieces in the trade. I've been building this franchise since the 70s.

Doing that won't get Buffalo a better offer. It will get them an even shittier offer than what is being offered now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'd rather Eichel sit for 2 - 3 years while the deal is worked out, and never recover his potential, and possibly retire at 26 as long it gets Buffalo some better pieces in the trade. I've been building this franchise since the 70s.

NMC clause kicks in after 7 th year or he turns 27 (summer 2024)

buffalo likely suspends him before game 40 which prevents a season accrual tolling the NMC.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
nope

in CBS team doctors have final say

refusing surgery amount to not treating an injury whivh are grounds for suspension.

He's on ir right now so no matter how this ends, it's another year served and he's UFA status as it relates to movement clauses.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
nope

in CBS team doctors have final say

refusing surgery amount to not treating an injury whivh are grounds for suspension.

Then why did Bettman say that both Eichel and the Sabres have contractual arguments?

I’ll believe it when I see it with regards to a suspension. And you know the PA will fight it like hell.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
I guess we start to hear the grievance chatter tomorrow. So predictable.

Adams will drag this out until the offers just fadeaway until next off season where teams won't let their 2023 1st rounder go so it will go until the next next off season.

Meanwhile Eichel will have the most jacked up neck because they won't let him get surgery.

At this point why doesn't Buffalo and Jack just get the Disc Replacement Surgery? It's clear the guy will never play for Buffalo ever again and everyone trading for him (Flames, Vegas, etc.) were all fine with him getting the replacement surgery, so let him get the surgery so he can start to recover and get in some games for this season.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He's on ir right now so no matter how this ends, it's another year served and he's UFA status as it relates to movement clauses.

he can get suspended and not accrue a season.

you need to be on IR for 40 games or play 40 games to get an accrued year fit NMCs and other thinks like for offer sheets or arbitration filings.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
he can get suspended and not accrue a season.

you need to be on IR for 40 games or play 40 games to get an accrued year fit NMCs and other thinks like for offer sheets or arbitration filings.

And needlessly put themselves under the floor? No they won't. He'll stay on IR and accrue his season.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Buffalo Sabres
Vegas Golden Knights' first-round pick of 2022
Brendan Brisson
Vitaly Kravtsov

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel

New York Rangers
Reilly Smith

,,,with more pieces in play

Reactions: banks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Buffalo Sabres
Brendan Brisson
Vitaly Kravtsov

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel

New York Rangers
Reilly Smith

Eichel s value is really not that high is it?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Buffalo Sabres
Brendan Brisson
Vitaly Kravtsov

Vegas Golden Knights
Jack Eichel

New York Rangers
Reilly Smith

I really hope nyr can get more for kravtsov than a pending ufa in smith, but I get it...

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think his value goes down each day . I guess that's just me. I would cut my losses and get best possible package even if it's not perfect and remove the problem. Get the rebuild faster going.
There just isn't anyway to calculate this. His best value was at the draft/FA but the week after until now, nothing has changed. I'm in the strong minority but I think other teams overplayed their hands hoping a young gm with an elite disgruntled player would sell cheap and he didn't. Adams has no real pressure to move him this week or next week, at this point it is just morals

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There just isn't anyway to calculate this. His best value was at the draft/FA but the week after until now, nothing has changed. I'm in the strong minority but I think other teams overplayed their hands hoping a young gm with an elite disgruntled player would sell cheap and he didn't. Adams has no real pressure to move him this week or next week, at this point it is just morals
Yea but age 24 becomes 25 then 26 etc. Depreciating asset.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Because that's the resolution to the impasse between him and the Sabres? He's not getting better without surgery, and he's not agreeing with the Sabres' doctors about what surgery to get.

Also, he's not on LTIR, just regular IR. The Sabres are at the cap floor.

If Eichel believes so strongly in the alternative surgery, he should go ahead and take the risk. Is there anything to keep him from doing so, other than he might lose salary or insurance money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad