Vanderbeek Thanks Fans, Devils Fanbase Finally Turning The Corner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
As a long time NHL/Penguin fan, I have to say I really respect your organization and hope yinz are able have long term growth and success in New Jersey. I always laugh at the "Devils ruin hockey" or oh no "its the trap." Hope it works out with your owner.

I watched Montreal in the 1970's run like a well oiled machine playing the very same system you employed in the mid 90's.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As a long time NHL/Penguin fan, I have to say I really respect your organization and hope yinz are able have long term growth and success in New Jersey. I always laugh at the "Devils ruin hockey" or oh no "its the trap." Hope it works out with your owner.

I watched Montreal in the 1970's run like a well oiled machine playing the very same system you employed in the mid 90's.

Thanks for your class! I respect Pens fans particularly for showing class to Marty, and giving him an ovation for breaking the shutout record in their building. Even a couple weeks ago when we were getting killed in there, the Marty chants were very weak. As opposed to the Flyers, Rangers ones.

Status Quo*

Wait, what the heck is a yinz? :laugh:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I disagree. When the clubs are full, plenty of people sit in their seats.

Also, never eat their pretzels...

I have noticed a marked improvement in the hot pretzels at the stand by Section 107this season compared to last.

If your in the clubs, don't eat the pretzels...they taste stale...had the same problem in there last year. Pretzels on the concourse are great haha

Semak

Thread Warning

No more on the Dolan Dust. If you have a bone to pick, take it to PM. Thank you for your cooperation. Good posting.

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
If your in the clubs, don't eat the pretzels...they taste stale...had the same problem in there last year. Pretzels on the concourse are great haha
i actually never had a problem with the pretzels in club seats. don't usually get them but when i did i thought they were fine? lol

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
in year's past a snowstorm was an excuse for Devils fans to not go to the game

Now, the mentality is, "I need to find a way to the game" even if it snows

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
in year's past a snowstorm was an excuse for Devils fans to not go to the game

Now, the mentality is, "I need to find a way to the game" even if it snows

Mass transit helps (that didn't exist in the days of 334, or many years after that to the Meadowlands), and only a couple of NJ Transit lines were shut down. So does the fact the storm did stop several hours before the game in most parts of Jersey.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

Judging by ticketmaster and stubhub todays contest will sell out as well.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Say it ain't so.... :sarcasm:

attendance_zps63ec2f47.jpg

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
We do need to be fair: if I recall correctly, the Rags only have 17,200 seats available for each game right now thanks to the renovations at Da GAH-din.

Still, it means we're drawing more than that on average, and that's still worth gloating over. :handclap:

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
We do need to be fair: if I recall correctly, the Rags only have 17,200 seats available for each game right now thanks to the renovations at Da GAH-din.

Still, it means we're drawing more than that on average, and that's still worth gloating over. :handclap:

True. I wonder why NYR's PCT isn't 100% on that chart, if they're averaging 17.2k.

Here's the link, if anyone's interested -- http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I hope we sell out today.

If we can sell out a Monday 1PM game against the Senators, then it really proves that our team has come a long way. Same thing with selling out Tuesday night against the Hurricanes.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I hope we sell out today.

If we can sell out a Monday 1PM game against the Senators, then it really proves that our team has come a long way. Same thing with selling out Tuesday night against the Hurricanes.

It looks to be a Gomer today.
If not, it will come real close.

When the schedule was released I thought about 13k for today.

Ticket sales dept has a lot of work ahead of them for the next 4 home games after today.

This Sunday vs Winnipeg, but it's a 5pm game so that could help (more families and kids). The Devils should do Family 4-Pack or something for this game.

Tuesday March 5 vs Tampa
Thursday March 7 vs Buffalo
Sunday March 10 vs Winnipeg (should do family 4 pack too)

TB & Buffalo I think are College night games, but the sales/marketing dept will have to do more to get big crowds to those games.
They are the right time for a giveaway such as a ski cap night vs Buffalo as an example.

Or maybe do something they have done before such as if you buy these three games as a pack (TB/Buff/WPG), you can get upper levels at $15 per ticket per game.

They will need to think out of the box and be aggressive to fill The Rock for the next four home games after today.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It looks to be a Gomer today.
If not, it will come real close.

When the schedule was released I thought about 13k for today.

Ticket sales dept has a lot of work ahead of them for the next 4 home games after today.

This Sunday vs Winnipeg, but it's a 5pm game so that could help (more families and kids). The Devils should do Family 4-Pack or something for this game.

Tuesday March 5 vs Tampa
Thursday March 7 vs Buffalo
Sunday March 10 vs Winnipeg (should do family 4 pack too)

TB & Buffalo I think are College night games, but the sales/marketing dept will have to do more to get big crowds to those games.
They are the right time for a giveaway such as a ski cap night vs Buffalo as an example.

Or maybe do something they have done before such as if you buy these three games as a pack (TB/Buff/WPG), you can get upper levels at $15 per ticket per game.

They will need to think out of the box and be aggressive to fill The Rock for the next four home games after today.

They've been smart lately though.

They know that at regular ticket prices game like TB, Buffalo, Winnipeg won't sell out. If they just sell them at very low prices, it kicks up the atmosphere and it makes it a more enjoyable game. They make money in other areas as well as selling the seat in general (merchandise, food, etc.) and if people continually go to a Devils game with a fun atmosphere, next year or the year after, they are going to return more regularly and be willing to pay the actual price.

It's a smart long-term plan if you really think about it. Hell, even if they just walk around and hand out tickets that don't sell, getting people in the seats should be the main priority.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
In addition to that Zippy, even putting them in seats could mean they are enticed to buy merch... Food etc. good plan set up and can be very effective. On too of that (we all know but still). Devils are getting more fans since the once young first generation fans probably raise their kids to be NJ fans as well.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
In addition to that Zippy, even putting them in seats could mean they are enticed to buy merch... Food etc. good plan set up and can be very effective. On too of that (we all know but still). Devils are getting more fans since the once young first generation fans probably raise their kids to be NJ fans as well.

Definitely.

The crowds been a lot more into it since the Stanley Cup run last year, and it's carried over, but in order for it to truly carry over, you need to have people in the seats.

Even that Lightning game where it said we didn't sell out was pretty loud.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They've been smart lately though.

They know that at regular ticket prices game like TB, Buffalo, Winnipeg won't sell out. If they just sell them at very low prices, it kicks up the atmosphere and it makes it a more enjoyable game. They make money in other areas as well as selling the seat in general (merchandise, food, etc.) and if people continually go to a Devils game with a fun atmosphere, next year or the year after, they are going to return more regularly and be willing to pay the actual price.

It's a smart long-term plan if you really think about it. Hell, even if they just walk around and hand out tickets that don't sell, getting people in the seats should be the main priority.

I agree but at the same time they can't push the envelope too far too often.
You still want your season ticket holders to get the best overall value and that includes pricing.
A few games here and there are fine, I think the vast majority of STHers would agree.
But it should not happen too often and as you said they are being smart about it so far and picking the right games.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think any STH would prefer to go to to a full arena than a half empty one regardless of how they get people in the seats.

STH have so many other benefits like the meet and greet, playoff priority, and other benefits. Usually the season ticket holders know about it every time they sell the tickets, I believe they go through them first then the public.

Last edited:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If I were a STH it means I care about this team enough to be happy to see the building full every night. I wouldn't want everyone else to get in for free, but cheaper prices = a fuller building and I'd be 100% okay with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad