Vanderbeek Thanks Fans, Devils Fanbase Finally Turning The Corner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I used to sneak in foot long subs - cut them in half, one up each sleeve in a puffy coat.

No joke.

Haha yes! Forgot about sneaking in food too, the puffy coat was perfect for getting stuff in. You could tell when people were bringing things into the arena cause they wore their big winter coats during the spring lol.

And yes I was very cheap and poor back then.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol I guess security didn't care what you brought in when the Devils weren't seeing much of the concession profit anyway.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
You can sneak things into the Rock as well...being a female has its perks.

At Thanksgiving I've snuck in turkey sandwiches, chips, drinks.

Marc87

May 9, 2012
I flask it to the games these days. All you need is a large Sierra Mist when you get there and got a huge mixed drink for the rest of the game that puts me on my ass by the middle of the third.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I'm 18 and I'm starting to feel the same way with guys in the combines and drafts next year... Is this what life really is .... :cry:

Totally gets worse. Between 18-22 or so I was weirded out when there were guys younger than me in pro sports leagues. Now that I'm 25, its that much worse, as the best players, not just rookies, on these teams are younger than me. Many fans (of any age really) may refer to the younger players on a team as "kid" just because they're a kid relative to the vets on the team. If I use the phrase, its no longer about how old they are relative to their teammates. Its because of how young they are relative to me :(

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Try having only two guys on the team older than you. We need Langs, and Rolston back I'd feel a little younger!:laugh: Pandolfo too!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Totally gets worse. Between 18-22 or so I was weirded out when there were guys younger than me in pro sports leagues. Now that I'm 25, its that much worse, as the best players, not just rookies, on these teams are younger than me. Many fans (of any age really) may refer to the younger players on a team as "kid" just because they're a kid relative to the vets on the team. If I use the phrase, its no longer about how old they are relative to their teammates. Its because of how young they are relative to me :(

We need to construct age machines.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
You get used to it. What's weird is when you look at Travis Zajac (for example) and say "wow, he's pretty old now, when did that happen?" and then realize if he is, you are too.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
You get used to it. What's weird is when you look at Travis Zajac (for example) and say "wow, he's pretty old now, when did that happen?" and then realize if he is, you are too.

Exactly. I used to hang on to the fact that people with the same birth year are older than me. My birthday is late 1987, so most players born in that year are older than me. When that's what I had to cling on to, and how quickly that ended up no longer helping me out.... that was a clear sign I was old. I used to feel relieved that Crosby was older than me (wearing 87 for his birthday year). After about a year or two when you have new crops of these 18 year old rookies coming in it was essentially the end of my attempt at feeling young.

Last edited by a moderator:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I staunchly believe that if you lower the clubs by just 50 bucks, you'll have more people buying them...its already annoying seeing it look empty because people watch from the tables up there...

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I staunchly believe that if you lower the clubs by just 50 bucks, you'll have more people buying them...its already annoying seeing it look empty because people watch from the tables up there...

And people will still be eating and sitting at the bar and not in there seats... Has nothing to do with pricing or anything, :)

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Sellout is a bit of a misnomer...Having once worked for an organization that received some of those held tickets we would have to tell the organization 24 hours out which tickets had not been distributed. Even now, my wife works for one of the large Pru center sponsors and she will get e mails at 1 pm that tickets are available for certain things,(some Devils every Net game last year. Most family shows) free. These are counted in the sellout even tho they are comp tickets,..A big difference between here and the Meadowlands is that it is beneficial for them to get fans in the seats..all the ancillary revenue is not going to the NJSEA...So maybe every game isnt sold out but just by looking we've had 17000 plus almost every night since march of last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Club seats will always be spotty as has been stated because of the bar area and tables. Really the ONLY way besides removing that area or making it off limits during the game would be to sell the bar and table seats as separate seats and do like waiter service for the club seats. Actually think that is a terrible idea, but you can't get the clubbys to sit there unless you force them, and that isn't cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad