NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Rogers tearing apart NHL Gamecentre was a despicable act
allowing them to make a side deal with Amazon Prime that takes games off the plate of sn+ subscribers (unless they have an amz prime account) should actually lower the price of sn+ premium too . I did a quick tally and theres 6 leaf games that are exclusive to amazon monday night hockey , 5 Hab games .

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I contacted Sportsnet and they reused to budge on the $249.99 and give a promo code.
I told them I would go with Shaw\Rogers NHL Game Centre Live as it's only $209.99 and the ability to record and a better quality feed. They still refused. I told them you are the same company, you should be able to at least match the price. They didn't care. So I went with Game Centre instead.
I could not watch live for many games anyway and I had such problems with games skipping to live and ruining the games. You can't pick feeds with either, so I think I'm better off switching.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I contacted Sportsnet and they reused to budge on the $249.99 and give a promo code.
I told them I would go with Shaw\Rogers NHL Game Centre Live as it's only $209.99 and the ability to record and a better quality feed. They still refused. I told them you are the same company, you should be able to at least match the price. They didn't care. So I went with Game Centre instead.
I could not watch live for many games anyway and I had such problems with games skipping to live and ruining the games. You can't pick feeds with either, so I think I'm better off switching.
yeah but for 40$ more you'd get Jays and whatever else SN+ offers .

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
yeah but for 40$ more you'd get Jays and whatever else SN+ offers .
Sportsnet has its flaws no doubt about that but it has been a better experience for me personally. As you mentioned we get the Blue Jays games and the video quality has been better for me than gamecenter when I am watching at work where the wifi isn’t that great . Sure , it’s pricey but worth every penny for me who is someone who uses the service every day of the year.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I already get the Jays through Sportsnet channels. Don’t watch the other stuff, just hockey so it’s worth saving the money.
I guess it depends on what your paying for cable tv + the 209 your paying for center ice through your provider . Part of your monthly bill is surely going towards whatever sports pkg you have .

when I was with Bell there was a higher tier Sports pak you had to subscribe to in order to get sn1 and sn360 which were useless to me other than when they carried isles game nationally which would result in said games being blacked out on Bells version of centre ice .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad