Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I hope he gets every penny that he can. Boston blew their negotiating leverage by trading Ullmark. Now Sway has them where he wants them. He's the guy now, so pay him like it.
Not really. Of Korpisalo or Bussi come out hot, then Swayman loses a ton of his leverage

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
And Swayman isn’t sitting out for an entire season.

What exactly is your point here ?

The Bruins need him if they want to compete for a cup and everyone knows that. Also, the longer this goes on, the higher any caphit would be this season meaning if he goes to Dec 1 and gets his 8-9M it would really be like 11m and not allow them to add much at the TDL.

He has the Bruins by the balls right now and is letting them simmer in the pressure cooker hoping he gets a call soon to come to camp and sign the deal that gets him there

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sorokin was 28 with all UFA years being bought and had been a full time starter both at the NHL level and KHL level for several years starting 60+ games and getting 2nd in the Vezina. Try again.
It was his second NHL contract. If you dont think that Swayman is as good as Sorokin or worth 8 X 8 then they should just trade him then.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
bruins management is proving once again why they’re always in the mix every year. Sway has a ways to go in the prove it department before he starts asking for 8 million + .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It was a contract that was all UFA years with him about to hit the open market. If you don’t see the difference I dunno what to say.
2 Years before ufa isn't much different. Unless you want them to walk him to ufa on a 1 or 2 year deal I'm sure he would be up for that.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You realize Swayman already declined arbitration right? How exactly is he “walking to UFA?”
If they sign him to a 1 year deal they have almost no control and may have to deal him. 2 years walks him to UFA. They have to buy ufa years. It's not complicated.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So they shouldn't sign him to an 8 year deal. Or a 1 or a 2. So only what's best for Boston. K

Who said they should sign him to an 8 year deal? It’s just a much harder deal to get agreement on with the small body of work and the inconsistency of goalies. A shorter term deal like Helly, Demko, Saros, etc all signed in Swayman’s position is just far more likely.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who said they should sign him to an 8 year deal? It’s just a much harder deal to get agreement on with the small body of work and the inconsistency of goalies. A shorter term deal like Helly, Demko, Saros, etc all signed in Swayman’s position is just far more likely.
He clearly wants one and the Bruins won't do it. Don you won't get every deal you want. The player has some leverage and the Bruins botched this badly.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would do 8x8 today. If we get into the season with the increased first year AAV then I believe we will be forced to only consider bridge deals with a lower AAV. 4x6.5-7 or 8x8-9 both work fine for me.

This is only my gut feeling, but I think the Bruins would do deals around these parameters, my guess is that Swayman is looking for more.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He clearly wants one and the Bruins won't do it. Don you won't get every deal you want. The player has some leverage and the Bruins botched this badly.

I don’t think anything is clear. We have one rumor from Friedman that said he wasn’t able to verify that Boston was at 4x6.2 but had other offers on the table (including an 8 year) Swayman was at 8x9.5. Going by comps, Boston’s four year offer is probably 500k too low. Sorokin has to be the absolute ceiling for an 8 year term (more UFA years and more proven as a starter and with a much higher Vezina finish) so Swayman’s ask is probably 1.5m too high.

Who is being more unreasonable here if we trust those numbers? Swayman has some leverage in that the Bruins will lose 15-18 starts until December 1st. As we get closer to December 1st, Swayman gets faced with being paid 0 dollars this year. The leverage goes both ways.

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad