Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Winged Wheelers - We Still Suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
AV said booth is going to be out for awhile, going to call up somebody.

hello JS archibald or jensen

Outside99*

I see you have come over to the dark side lately. :laugh:

The team is in a difficult period and AV is not adjusting, "he's following the process." After 30 failed power plays or whatever, he still makes no personnel changes. Even leaving Luongo in there after the 4th goal. :shakehead

John Bender*

You say ballard sucks, but when the options after ballard are alberts and barker...you've gotta play ballard. I don't know what in the high hell alberts has poured in AV's drink to become his new coach's pet.

They all suck. It makes no difference who plays.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yes. If you think that's their doing then you're completely underestimating to what extent a coach controls what goes on out there.

More to the point, what about our breakouts which are designed by AV and have been completely unsuccessful at getting us any sort of transition game this season? That also happens to be affecting our offensive game.

AV also has no clue on how to coach offensive plays in general. If you watch teams like Red Wings, Babcock has about 20-30 set plays that his players try in games. We have none outside of the Sedins and they come up with those themselves.

With Red Wings, you can even see that with their affiliate as coaching those set plays starts at that level.

And Ottawa is icing an AHL team. Still ahead of us in the standings while playing in the toughest division. That's what we have an expensive coach for.

How do you know they are the Sedins' plays and not AVs?

Ottawa has better depth than the Canucks.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Fire AV and promote Arneil. Seriously. It literally can't get any worse but at least we wouldn't have to listen to his BS post game remarks

Do you know what you're saying?!?! Forgive them father, for they know not what they do.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Is it AVs fault that Luongo can't stop 40 footers? Or that Edler and the Sedins simply
Pass on the perimeter on the PP?

I blame him for no Garrison on PP tho.

But it's clear that Gillis keeping guys like Booth, Higgins and Lappy is the problem

What?

AV draws up the game plan. How does this team have such a tough time scoring on the PP and ES? Every goal feels like a struggle. Whatever system he is using has consistently stifled the offense here. Not to mention the atrocious Dzone coverage. He has lost the plot.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Yes that part is his fault, that's a PP system decision which he is ultimately in charge of.

Also Luongo played poorly last game, absolutely no reason to start him today besides giving him a chance for revenge for the last Red Wings game, which is ultimately a gut decision. Something a good coach wouldn't be doing.

Lol really? Did you watch last game? Because Luongo made some huge point blank saves that game when our defense bailed on him. Yeah he let in 4 but a bunch of those were just really bad breaks.

Also, were you not listening to Hrudey? He mentioned that AV has told his players to make 2 quick passes and shoot on the PP. I don't know what you saw because the players clearly avoided doing that.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Lol really? Did you watch last game? Because Luongo made some huge point blank saves that game when our defense bailed on him. Yeah he let in 4 but a bunch of those were just really bad breaks.

Also, were you not listening to Hrudey? He mentioned that AV has told his players to make 2 quick passes and shoot on the PP. I don't know what you saw because the players clearly avoided doing that.

yeah heard that too. guess the players just don't care? or listen.

StringerBell

Anyone else on after hours after Cleary or is he the only guest tonight?

I also think it's funny that this more than half the posts I see in this thread are replies to people on my ignore list. Ignore lists are pretty useless when everyone just quotes the idiots :laugh:

Hal 9000*

Its Brown and Bowness that I have issue with more than AV. The D-Men just seem to have no clue out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad