Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Winged Wheelers - We Still Suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
As I said earlier, this isn't surprising. When this team gets a bunch of chances and doesn't score, they mail it in and get blown out. 3-1 goal was bad by Luongo, but the team just gave up. This is the lasting legacy of AV's tenure, in my opinion. Just a team that's elite but gives up when it faces adversity,

This is what I hate about this team, they just quit.

You think a coach as intense as Quenville would allow a team to quit? Not a chance.

I cannot wait until AV is gone.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Yup AVs fault that the team sucks

Nah, not at all. He's just there to look pretty. That PP? Players are to blame, clearly. The pathetic breakout setups? Players. The predictable, formulaic offensive zone play? Players. The lack of set plays? Players.

If I may ask, what do you think is AV paid $2m+ to do? Chew gum?

Outside99*

Coaches are insane - they keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I can't believe Hamhuis played 25 minutes and Tanev 15 - Hamhuis was awful. Another passenger was Higgins - 18 minutes!!

Luongo was awful I thought.

Anyway, I had a bad feeling about this game but its still depressing to see the poor depth and the poor play going into a tough stretch of games.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
gillis should just be g.m and coach at the same time. fire a.v

I would like this, but MG is too damn pokerface all of the time when he's in front of the camera that it would drive me INSANE. He's just keeping AV around as the final scapegoat.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Just terrible. Sure, we out shot them but how many good chances did we really have after the first period?

The problem with this team is that they're not the 2010-11 Canucks but they're trying to play like them which is getting them burned.

We just don't have the players to be that team that we were.

Dado

It's time for Gillis to go...at team consistently at the cap (and often beyond, with LTIR magic) should have far more depth than this...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Coaches are insane - they keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I can't believe Hamhuis played 25 minutes and Tanev 15 - Hamhuis was awful. Another passenger was Higgins - 18 minutes!!

I see you have come over to the dark side lately. :laugh:

John Bender*

Nah, not at all. He's just there to look pretty. That PP? Players are to blame, clearly. The pathetic breakout setups? Players. The predictable, formulaic offensive zone play? Players. The lack of set plays? Players.

I agree. I have been behind AV up to this point. He has always found a way to get the team to where it needs to be, but his style, systems and his gameplan are all tired.

Every coach has a shelf life and I think his has expired.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Is it AVs fault that Luongo can't stop 40 footers? Or that Edler and the Sedins simply
Pass on the perimeter on the PP?

I blame him for no Garrison on PP tho.

But it's clear that Gillis keeping guys like Booth, Higgins and Lappy is the problem

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Can someone post or link me to the "defend the 0-0 tie" AV meme please?

av2.jpg

John Bender*

It's time for Gillis to go...at team consistently at the cap (and often beyond, with LITR magic) should have far more depth than this...

Gillis' ego gets to me. I don't like him at all based on what I have seen of his personality. That said, I think he gets a bit more time to fix this.

AV on the other hand..............au revoir, sil vous plait.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I would like this, but MG is too damn pokerface all of the time when he's in front of the camera that it would drive me INSANE. He's just keeping AV around as the final scapegoat.

then they can both be scapegoats. gillis didnt do his job trading luongo. a.v' same gameplan isnt working. the guys are probably tired of him they need a new voice. plus they arent getting any younger.

John Bender*

Is it AVs fault that Luongo can't stop 40 footers? Or that Edler and the Sedins simply
Pass on the perimeter on the PP?

I blame him for no Garrison on PP tho.

But it's clear that Gillis keeping guys like Booth, Higgins and Lappy is the problem

Higgins is a very good depth player. He is not hte problem. Lappierre as the 4th line centre is not the problem. The problem is the top 6 that consistently do nothing offensively.

You can't fire or replace the top 6 - but you can change the coach and see if that has an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad