Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Millionaires vs. Detroit Winged Wheelers - We Still Suck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Howard outplayed Luongo big time and the Canucks had one of their worst 3rd periods, in terms of compete level, that I can remember.

That was bad... real bad.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That game was terrible. I am so sick of the way things are going. I have never advocated for AV's firing but at this point a change needs to happen. This team is lifeless.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Cowan had 1 assist in 46 games his last season here...

This all rests on the coaching staff. Has little to do with the players.

You can give Weise all the prime ice time in the world and he would do nothing with it. I think we need to look at what our coach has to work with, what is the GM giving him? A soft defence with no powerplay QB or elite puck mover, terrible depth up front, wasted cap space on the goaltending position that could be used to upgrade another area.

I agree AV and Brown are doing a terrible job this season but it's not a well built team.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
highlight of the night is when Hrudy called AV's coaching brilliant when we are down 5-2 in the 3rd. He's brilliant!!

John Bender*

we suck. that is all.

It's going to be tough for this fanbase to face the fact that the team is just not that good anymore. It's been a long time that the team has been among the best in hockey. It will be quite the transition for us all.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It's a little to do with the players. We have third liners trying carry a second line, a fourth liner slotted in at #3C and AHLer's on the 4th line.

There are teams with much worse rosters doing more. AV is getting paid a lot of money to be a positive contributor and right now he's not even an average one. If there's anyone not living up to their contract, it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad