Up-and-coming prospects from non-traditional hockey countries

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
On the topic of Marcell Revesz, he's staying at Lugano next year right? If so that will create a really interesting situation haha.

Switzerland has a 5 import rule, one team can only carry 5 imports at a single time. Next year at Lugano Timo Demuth, Cordiano and Sarzi-Puttini won't be age eligible to play Elite Novizen so they will have to play Elite Junioren A. Then Jannik Fröwis will be the 4th import on the Elite Junioren A team because he's a skilled kid. That will leave Marcell Revesz to duel with the aforementioned Mica Moosman for that last import spot on the Junioren team, while the other will be stuck in Novizen. Survival of the fittest haha

Looks like they solved the problem by shipping him off to Zurich.

Revesz led the Hungarian U20 team to promotion in the Division 1B group this year. As he is only 16, he will be eligible to play this tournament 3 more times. I look forward to seeing how he plays in the U18 Division 1A group this year. His linemate and co-scoring leader, Andor Peter, is also eligible to play in this year's U18 WC.

I haven't seen him play yet, but Revesz's Zurich teammate looks intriguing. Adam Falus is a 6'3", 196 pound defenseman who is one year younger than Revesz. He will be another one to watch in Bled this year.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Looks like they solved the problem by shipping him off to Zurich.

Revesz led the Hungarian U20 team to promotion in the Division 1B group this year. As he is only 16, he will be eligible to play this tournament 3 more times. I look forward to seeing how he plays in the U18 Division 1A group this year. His linemate and co-scoring leader, Andor Peter, is also eligible to play in this year's U18 WC.

I haven't seen him play yet, but Revesz's Zurich teammate looks intriguing. Adam Falus is a 6'3", 196 pound defenseman who is one year younger than Revesz. He will be another one to watch in Bled this year.
Mmh, what happened was a scout from the Swiss circuit set up a spot in the general tryouts with ZSC for if I remember correctly three Hungarian kids. The two of them, Revesz and Falus made it. Caveat, everything I say is second hand because I'm not actually on the scene, most of my work is elsewhere.

Revesz was scoring early on in the season when he was on a line with Marco Rossi and Kristers Arnicans as the enforcer role but he's been switched off that line. I've heard generally tepid if not negative reviews of both but I heard one influential person with a positive review who wants to help Revesz further his career though I haven't gotten an update on that. I also heard good stuff about his Mac's Tournament performance. Revesz has 14P in 23G, 11th on the team, Falus has 9P in 27G.

Both area really big and really strong, I personally feel like if given the chance they can outperform expectations but the Swiss Hockey system tends to really love the Denis Malgin, Kevin Fiala, Nico Hischier types more. Frank Banham could also really help the Hungarian hockey community along the way with 37 Hockey.

Update: I was completely flipped haha, evidently Falus is the promising one and Revesz is the one that the jury is still out one. Don't listen to me :sarcasm:

Last edited:

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
What has everyone heard about Gustav Green from Denmark? He'll probably soon merit his own thread but in principle he looks promising. Is he planning a move to Sweden soon or something of the sort?

His numbers does not look so astonishing. Haven't seen him though

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How much have you seen of Pasanen?

Me personally, very little. I have seen only parts of one game where he played, but what I have heard from others (just regular fans, not scouts or anything) was very positive. But most of it was from last season. Since he made the move to Salzburg I haven't really gotten any updates on his play.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Me personally, very little. I have seen only parts of one game where he played, but what I have heard from others (just regular fans, not scouts or anything) was very positive. But most of it was from last season. Since he made the move to Salzburg I haven't really gotten any updates on his play.
What I've heard has been very negative. Basically he's the slowest guy on the team among other things. However, give me a little time and I'll upload some film so we can judge for ourselves.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
What I've heard has been very negative. Basically he's the slowest guy on the team among other things. However, give me a little time and I'll upload some film so we can judge for ourselves.

He is also 15, 6 foot 3, and weighs over 200 pounds. I've heard great things about his puck moving abilities, and he has a pretty heavy shot.

Playing up, he was poised and confident. He projects well with his size, mobility and ability to move the puck.
link

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
He is also 15, 6 foot 3, and weighs over 200 pounds. I've heard great things about his puck moving abilities, and he has a pretty heavy shot.

link
We'll see. I haven't heard much to vouch for his traits but he's young and has room to grow.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the writer on that list that maybe he just saw one game or even just one period. I know who actually got the most interest coming out of the tournament and it definitely wasn't one of those three. Those would be some of the last people in fact to make most lists...

Miric

Jan 8, 2017
How much have you seen of Pasanen?

These seem the most promising German prospects at the moment (some of them have been mentioned in this thread before):

Goalies:
Benjamin Beck
Tobias Ancicka

Defensemen:
Leon Gawanke
Colin Ugbekile
Alexander Dersch
Moritz Seider
Tommy Pasanen

Forwards:
Dominik Bokk
Thomas Reichel
Nikita Alexandrov
Yannik Valenti
Nino Kinder

Players are sorted by age.

What about Tim Fleischer, Bastian Eckl and Manuel Alberg?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Just to add to this as I was going through this year's GB Under-12 statistics, Alex Graham ('03 born) ended up scoring a ridiculous 155+26 in 15 league games this season (for Bradford), who won all 16 games in their league season. He also played up for Bradford in the U14 League, scoring 47+23 in 17 games.

By comparison, Brown in his final U12 season was 124+6.

Old post but to update on Alex Graham, just saw this video on twitter:

He was in iowa this season playing t1ehl

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
He's got a Russian father and hasn't played internationally. Is he keeping his options open?

It seems so, his numbers are insane on par with Draisaitl, and he's on a worse team. Latest news is that he is training with a KHL team, I don't know why he would play for Russia he's lived in Germany all of his life, and I believe his mom is German.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
It seems so, his numbers are insane on par with Draisaitl, and he's on a worse team. Latest news is that he is training with a KHL team, I don't know why he would play for Russia he's lived in Germany all of his life, and I believe his mom is German.

The Russians are very aggressive about locking up players with any ties to them. It would be a shame.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
The Russians are very aggressive about locking up players with any ties to them. It would be a shame.

He technically can't play for Russia at the moment.

It's 2 years after 10th birthday and if we assume he has always lived with his brother & father, he's been in Germany since age 10. That makes him only eligible for Germany at the moment because he does hold both passports.

Obviously if he went to a KHL team for 2 years, he'd be eligible for either Russia or Germany.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So we have Texier, Rondbjerg, and maybe a couple Germans likely to be drafted.

Any thoughts on who might also be drafted this weekend? Maksim Sushko? Wojtek Stachowiak? Kristians Rubins? Justin Addamo? Anymore?

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Can someone in the know explain the massive influx of Estonian prospects that are listed in early reports for the 18 and 19 drafts?

2018:
Christopher-Kullervo Jogi
Kristofer Jogi
Morten Arantez Jurgens
Conrad Molder
Otar Sakhokiya

2019:
Maksim Berezhonov
Rasmus Kiik
Dilan Savenkov

Some of them might not be eligible to play for Estonia internationally, but this is pretty bizarre isn't it? Having this many prospects being noticed from a country that has produced only one NHL draft pick seems a little sudden. I haven't noticed Estonia on any "Countries to watch" lists for international hockey like, say, France, Belarus or South Korea either. Granted they all might be nobodies but still.

What's this about? Any Russian or Finnish junior fans who can weigh in?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Can someone in the know explain the massive influx of Estonian prospects that are listed in early reports for the 18 and 19 drafts?

2018:
Kristofer Jogi
Morten Arantez Jurgens
Conrad Molder
Otar Sakhokiya

2019:
Maksim Berezhonov
Rasmus Kiik
Dilan Savenkov

Some of them might not be eligible to play for Estonia internationally, but this is pretty bizarre isn't it? Having this many prospects being noticed from a country that has produced only one NHL draft pick seems a little sudden. I haven't noticed Estonia on any "Countries to watch" lists for international hockey like, say, France, Belarus or South Korea either. Granted they all might be nobodies but still.

I have wondered the same... considering how long it takes EP to add some legit prospects, it's so odd they have already 8 Estonians for the next two drafts. If they at least had some insane hype behind them (like Mathias Emilio Pettersen) but they don't.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

2018:
Kristofer Jogi
Morten Arantez Jurgens
Conrad Molder
Otar Sakhokiya

2019:
Maksim Berezhonov
Rasmus Kiik
Dilan Savenkov

None of those prospects for 2018 look promising except Sakhokiya. The problem is you gotta look at the league as well as their stats, all of them who played in Finland played in Junior B Mestis. And not even that, but posted like 5 points in 20 or so games when it's tier II in Finland. Only that goaler in 2018 played one game in Junior A which is Finland's top junior league.

The other problem I see for Estonia, which has happened to Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan is that the top prospects have a good chance of being lured away by Russia internationally. I understand that Estonia has a very anti-Russian view, but to help a player's hockey career, they might believe they're better off joining Russia and a chance to play in Gold Medal games than tier II in IIHF tournies (which I would hope is the case).

So if Sakhokiya or Berezhonov actually have NHL talent, you might see Russia Federation pursue them immensely even if they choose Estonia in the end.

In the end it's good to see more players actually go to Finland and play valuable minutes in Finnish hockey (which has boomed). It shows that hockey is on rise in the country, but I don't know if it has the desire or finances to become better compared to countries like France, Hungary, and Korea. I believe they'll stay as a middle tier nation for the next decade or so even though we'll probably see more players in the likes of SHL, Liiga, DEL, and KHL.

Here is the player I am still very interested in. Rumours he might be transferring over to Suisse, but no word as of now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=240183

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad