Up-and-coming prospects from non-traditional hockey countries

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Will he represent Belgium or Germany in the future?

No idea. I don't even know what his eligibility would be. So far, I think he only has the Belgian citizenship, and now he plays in Austria, so maybe that could become an option as well.
If the choice would end up between Germany and Belgium I would suspect he'd pick Germany simply because they play at a higher level, but of course there are other factors that would influence his decision that could lead to him picking Belgium.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
No idea. I don't even know what his eligibility would be. So far, I think he only has the Belgian citizenship, and now he plays in Austria, so maybe that could become an option as well.
If the choice would end up between Germany and Belgium I would suspect he'd pick Germany simply because they play at a higher level, but of course there are other factors that would influence his decision that could lead to him picking Belgium.
Interesting, securing citizenship for one of those other countries may not be easy depending on what his parents have.

Well people love Hungarian kids so, two Hungarian kids are on the ZSC Elite Novizen team. Marcell Revesz and Adam Falus. Revesz is the "policeman" on the Revesz-Rossi-Arnicans line. He's by far the least technically skilled of the three but Rossi is small and Arnicans is skinny so he protects them. Falus is described as big, solid, but lacks hockey IQ.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Levine looks good. He needs to improve his skating tho.
What, who? You mean Levin? The Israelite who decided to play for Canada internationally? He isn't choosing Israel, so he's not at all a prospect who's helping the nontraditional market grow, thus there is no need to mention him.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
What, who? You mean Levin? The Israelite who decided to play for Canada internationally? He isn't choosing Israel, so he's not at all a prospect who's helping the nontraditional market grow, thus there is no need to mention him.

Him making the NHL would do more for the game in Israel than helping the national team beat Mexico.

DSuttersface

Dec 28, 2014
SoCal

Believe me, if he makes it to the NHL people in Israel will go crazy for him. They would understand why he decided to play for team Canada.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And he just turned 17. That is impressive. The only downside is he is still playing in France. Competition-wise men's league is surely not yet beneath him but playing 1 game per week doesn't get you prepared for CHL (where he is bound to go next year) or any bigger league really.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
And he just turned 17. That is impressive. The only downside is he is still playing in France. Competition-wise men's league is surely not yet beneath him but playing 1 game per week doesn't get you prepared for CHL (where he is bound to go next year) or any bigger league really.

Not anymore. French league changed the format this season and he'll have now 44 games : 3 a week.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Texier is now 2nd in Ligue Magnus scoring.
7 GP, 6G+4A.
Tied for 1st in goals scored, 3rd in shots.

Never saw a 17-year old dominating the French league like him.

Has been ravaging U18 since he was 14 years old and was great in the U22 at 16.

Only U18 with a point as of now (3 players).
One of the only 3 U19 players with a point (2 have 1) out of 12.
The numbers goes up to 6 total with U20, but still only 5*1 pointers, out of 21.
Leads the U24 by 2 points, 77 players total.

Only player ahead of him is a 28 years old ECHL (0.79ppg) scorer vet by only 1 point (in 1 less game).

Leads his team by 4 goals and 2 points.

He's already tied with Auvitu for best season ever by a U18 in the league.
Tied 11th for U19 with the top being 32 pts in 33 games by Anthony Mortas in 1992-1993 (Bellemare is the best of the 2000+ year at 4th with 20 pts in 22 games)
Tied 43th for U20 with Bellemare (at 11th) being the modern days leader again.
Tied 630th for U24 but 1 point would already get him to 576th :laugh:

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Nathan Walker (Australia) is still with the Capitals in training camp. Obviously not going to be a top 6 scoring forward but as a young plucky Scott Walker type I think he has a shot at a 4th line energy guy.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Has been ravaging U18 since he was 14 years old and was great in the U22 at 16.

Only U18 with a point as of now (3 players).
One of the only 3 U19 players with a point (2 have 1) out of 12.
The numbers goes up to 6 total with U20, but still only 5*1 pointers, out of 21.
Leads the U24 by 2 points, 77 players total.

Only player ahead of him is a 28 years old ECHL (0.79ppg) scorer vet by only 1 point (in 1 less game).

Leads his team by 4 goals and 2 points.

He's already tied with Auvitu for best season ever by a U18 in the league.
Tied 11th for U19 with the top being 32 pts in 33 games by Anthony Mortas in 1992-1993 (Bellemare is the best of the 2000+ year at 4th with 20 pts in 22 games)
Tied 43th for U20 with Bellemare (at 11th) being the modern days leader again.
Tied 630th for U24 but 1 point would already get him to 576th :laugh:

Texier is listed by the Central Bureau of Scouting as a "C" prospect.
It's the 1st time ever a player is listed out of the French league.

Another french player is listed, Justin Addamo (NAHL), undrafted last year.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Nathan Walker (Australia) is still with the Capitals in training camp. Obviously not going to be a top 6 scoring forward but as a young plucky Scott Walker type I think he has a shot at a 4th line energy guy.

He was up at the Capitals camp late last year too, which may have been in part because he missed the last half of the previous year (2014-15) with a torn ACL. Still seems he did good in the AHL last year, with 41 points in 73 games. Would be neat to see him get a callup, though his size (5'8", 175lbs) may be a factor. But I won't lie, I'm one of his bigger supporters; been following his career since he made the Czech Extraliga, and hope he at least gets one game in the NHL.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
He was up at the Capitals camp late last year too, which may have been in part because he missed the last half of the previous year (2014-15) with a torn ACL. Still seems he did good in the AHL last year, with 41 points in 73 games. Would be neat to see him get a callup, though his size (5'8", 175lbs) may be a factor. But I won't lie, I'm one of his bigger supporters; been following his career since he made the Czech Extraliga, and hope he at least gets one game in the NHL.

And apparently I missed that he was sent back to Hershey the other day. Still, hopefully he has another decent season down there, and earns himself a callup at some point this season. Would make such a great story.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Not sure if Germany qualifies as a non-traditional hockey country, but still:

Dominik Bokk, winger for Kölner EC, had 10 goals and 28 points in 32 games last season as a 15-year-old in Germany's top junior league (U19). So far this season, he has 12 goals and 19 points in 8 games. He also played in a men's preseason game and was named to the German U20 national team this year.

Speedy winger with a ton of skill. He should have a good chance to be a high-ish NHL pick in 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad