RD Seamus Casey - Univ. of Michigan (2022, 46th, NJD)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He needs to make his stamp right now before he gots lost in the Hughes/Pesce return to play.

Glad to hear he is making the most of the opportunity.

Luke is still weeks away and with him playing the left side (and playing it well) while also QBing the 2nd PP unit, I would imagine the only thing the only way he comes out of the lineup is if he plays his way off it.

What they do after Luke comes back? That's where it gets really tough, but no guarantee someone else doesn't get hurt by then.

I don't think it's at all the end of the world if he globetrots the AHL for a while until someone inevitably gets hurt and he comes back up.

Someone like Nemec has to work hard to avoid any sophomore lulls though because he can go down without waivers too.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Casey has elite edges for sure but Rafalski was no slouch as a skater, either, even though Casey is better. They're just very similar players stylistically. Not ideal size (hopefully Casey gets to Rafalski's stockiness as he matures) but they play with excellent leverage, both extremely high IQ guys, both are very well rounded even though at times they were/are pigeon-holed as offensive guys only (that's how you can tell who hasn't followed Casey during his NTDP and Michigan days), a lot of folks miss or don't appreciate the understated plays they make, etc. I'm still baffled by people who acted like Casey was a mini-Mike Green when he's been very good in his own end in his young career.

Raalaski is one of the criminally underrated players of his era. He's a HOF player if he had a shot in the league before he was 26 (and done well with it) and didn't deal with all the injuries at the end of his career. And I know Devils fans know this but if he even scratches the surface of Rafalski's career the Devils struck gold again.

He played until he was 38. It just seems like he was a lot younger because he broke into the league so late.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He played until he was 38. It just seems like he was a lot younger because he broke into the league so late.

That’s what he’s saying. He’s saying Rafalski broke into the league late but if he was a guy who came in at a traditional age and was as good then he’s a HoFer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad