Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
There is one guy we should start scouting right now : Victor Ejdsell. C/LW, 6f5, 214 lbs. He is burning the Allsvenskan right now. He will be a UFA, and seems like he dreams of crossing the Atlantic.

Technically skilled player, but his skating needs to be improved if he wants to play in the NHL. Needs major work on agility, edge work, and first steps. Would be a great player to have in the system though.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Technically skilled player, but his skating needs to be improved if he wants to play in the NHL. Needs major work on agility, edge work, and first steps. Would be a great player to have in the system though.

No rush if we can keep developping him for 4 or 5 more years. I'd give him a shot for sure and train him here.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
No rush if we can keep developping him for 4 or 5 more years. I'd give him a shot for sure and train him here.

He's 21, I think he'd be looking to play in the NHL sooner rather than later - especially if the Habs have any hope of signing him. I'd expect him to be in the NHL in the next three years if he's making it at all. SHL-AHL-NHL.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Anyone think Jan Kovar could finally come over? He's pretty easily one of the top centres not in NA.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Henrik Haapala could be a long-shot option at wing. Small, but hugely skilled and finally healthy after many years of hip issues. If he could adjust to the smaller ice, he'd likely find himself within MTL's top offensive players. Great playmaker, skating has come a long long way, and plays hard - doesn't float or play solely on the perimeter. He's only 23 and can play both wings.

I'd look to take a calculated risk with Haapala or Kovar. Maybe their play translates well to the NHL and the Habs get a cheap contract and a free asset.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Are we still in on Tyler Boland?

I would think they are still in on him. Tomorrow is Rimouski's last game of the season, and Boland's last in the Juniors. I would think he will sign something after. And I'm really hoping Bergevin lands him.

I don't know much about some of these Q players, but some of the league's top scorers are undrafted and in their final Junior year.

- Antoine Waked (RW) from Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (20 years old - 6' & 194lbs) 11th best scorer in the Q with 39 goals & 41 assists for 80 points in 65 games.

- Tyler Boland (C) from Rimouski Oceanic (20 years old - 6' - 181lbs) 2nd best scorer in the Q with 46 goals & 55 assists for 101 assists in 66 games.

- Francois Beauchemin (LW) from Charlettown Islanders but played for Val-d'Or Foreurs earlier this season (21 years old - 6'1" & 190lbs). Combined all season, he is 3rd in scoring with 44 goals & 52 assists for 96 points in 67 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't know much about some of these Q players, but some of the league's top scorers are undrafted and in their final Junior year.

- Antoine Waked (RW) from Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (20 years old - 6' & 194lbs) 11th best scorer in the Q with 39 goals & 41 assists for 80 points in 65 games.

- Tyler Boland (C) from Rimouski Oceanic (20 years old - 6' - 181lbs) 2nd best scorer in the Q with 46 goals & 55 assists for 101 assists in 66 games.

Both waked and boland are on montreal shopping list for a while

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

- Francois Beauchemin (LW) from Charlettown Islanders but played for Val-d'Or Foreurs earlier this season (21 years old - 6'1" & 190lbs). Combined all season, he is 3rd in scoring with 44 goals & 52 assists for 96 points in 67 games.

Bergevin should definitely get some talent for the Rocket...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin should definitely get some talent for the Rocket...

Two of the three are Quebec-born. Not that it should be the #1 criteria, but it will help for many of the locals to have some homegrown talents to cheer for. And all 3 play in the Q, the Candiens' back yard that they seem to get a lot of flack for "ignoring."

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Two of the three are Quebec-born. Not that it should be the #1 criteria, but it will help for many of the locals to have some homegrown talents to cheer for. And all 3 play in the Q, the Candiens' back yard that they seem to get a lot of flack for "ignoring."

I think that's definitely the plan... And those kids will be excited to sign knowing that the team will be in Laval, close to MTL.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Fan of Bolland. Less of Waked.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think that's definitely the plan... And those kids will be excited to sign knowing that the team will be in Laval, close to MTL.

Not to mention their families won't be that far from being able to come see them.

Fan of Bolland. Less of Waked.

What kind of game do they each play? I don't know much about them other than they have impressive stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We have 48 contracts right now and I think we'll let go at least 10 players at the end of the year so Bergevin has to get some bodies...

pled

Sep 7, 2009

and the third one is st johns born and it could be is last chance to play pro in stjohns before they get to montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
and the third one is st johns born and it could be is last chance to play pro in stjohns before they get to montreal

Yea, this is the basis of one of Habs Eyes on the Prize articles from a few days ago. They write that one way Habs can lure Boland is offer him the opportunity to play in St. John's in front of friends and family to start his pro career.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Not sure about whether or not these guys have an NHL contract but the Q overagers that i like are: Francois Beauchemin, Giovanni Fiore, Kameron Kielly, Tyler Boland and Alexis D'Aoust.

If i had to sign only 1, it's easily Beauchemin.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
didn't tough rimouski would overtake sherbrooke for the last playoff spot gonna need to wait to see daoust and boland sign

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
What kind of player is Antoine Waked and is he worth a signing?

Good energy player , showing a good progression over years. Physical , hard working , fast. Was more of a elite grinder last year for our Memorial cup run but this year he's been a leader offensively on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad