Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Would love Edmonds even though we already have so many goalies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After watching the 67's game last night vs Windsor, I was impressed with the play of Artur Tyanulin. He's undersized and is just turning 20 but showed good speed and passing skills. Might be worth an invite to the development camp, although I don't recall him from the few times I saw the 67's last year while watching Addison.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
After watching the 67's game last night vs Windsor, I was impressed with the play of Artur Tyanulin. He's undersized and is just turning 20 but showed good speed and passing skills. Might be worth an invite to the development camp, although I don't recall him from the few times I saw the 67's last year while watching Addison.

I watched that game and came to the same conclusion. Looks like a highly skilled guy with good speed and he is putting up good numbers. Played with his head up and was always looking for teammates who were open. Lots of assists in his point total and on pace for about 85 points.

One scout was kind of "meh" on him but when I look at who is playing in St John's he seems like he could be an upgrade on a lot of them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched that game and came to the same conclusion. Looks like a highly skilled guy with good speed and he is putting up good numbers. Played with his head up and was always looking for teammates who were open. Lots of assists in his point total and on pace for about 85 points.

One scout was kind of "meh" on him but when I look at who is playing in St John's he seems like he could be an upgrade on a lot of them.

they are going to need some ECHL depth as well as I assume guys like Thrower, Broll, Farnham, Gagnon, Samuelsson, etc.. won't be back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
haven't seen him but perhaps teams will be interested in soon to be 21 year old Sebastian Aho who plays for Skelleftea in the SHL. He leads the SHL in goals by defensemen, 2 ahead of Nygren.

Also,

http://bloggar.expressen.se/mrmadhaw...-for-utlandet/

says Tömmernes won't be back with Frolunda next year, I see it says perhaps the KHL or Swiss league but still wondering if there is NHL interest since he's leading the SHL in points for defensemen.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
there's talk of undrafted FA defensemen Calle Rosen leaving the SHL for the NHL, currently plays for Vaxjo as it's said that he has interest from NHL teams since last year. He's currently tied for 5th in the SHL in points for defensemen and is tied for the league lead in plus minus with a +17.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I see that a few CHL free agents like Matthew Highmore and Ryan Mantha are being signed by NHL teams. It would be nice to see the Habs land one or two of these kinds of guys.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Has anyone followed any of the guys mentioned here. D'Aoust looks like he could help RW depth in the organization.

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-qmjhl-overagers-worth-nhl-contracts/

Amongst those, D'Aoust and Leblanc are my favourite.

After all, I did draft both of them in our HFHabs mock draft. I'd rather see a guy like D'Aoust play in Laval next year than Guillaume Asselin, and on the left side at D, our pipeline is dried up behind Bourque.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
are we on aston reese?

We probably are on most of the top NCAA FA like most year, but we won't make most of the final list.

We're better on the under the radar ones like Carr and Condon (Parisi and Johnston are not looking good though).

John B

Nov 19, 2016
According to capfriendly.com, Habs only have 48 contracts right now. It only gives them 2 contract slots left to fill. Considering this year's college FA crop isn't that great (not hearing about any potential top 6 f or top 4 d), maybe the Habs pass on it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
According to capfriendly.com, Habs only have 48 contracts right now. It only gives them 2 contract slots left to fill. Considering this year's college FA crop isn't that great (not hearing about any potential top 6 f or top 4 d), maybe the Habs pass on it.

they can sign them for next year, so not an issue. Depending on how many players they let go, and how many they have incoming, I could see them going after a couple undrafted FA's.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
There is one guy we should start scouting right now : Victor Ejdsell. C/LW, 6f5, 214 lbs. He is burning the Allsvenskan right now. He will be a UFA, and seems like he dreams of crossing the Atlantic.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs Eyes on the Prize has an article on this Tyler Boland kid playing in the Q for Rimouski Oceanic as a center. He's 20, undrafted, 6' and 181lbs but this season he has 46 goals and 55 assists for 101 points in 66 games. He is tied as the league's best scorer.

In the article, they argue that Habs can entice Boland to sign with the organization to go play for the Ice Caps because he's from St. John's.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Habs Eyes on the Prize has an article on this Tyler Boland kid playing in the Q for Rimouski Oceanic as a center. He's 20, undrafted, 6' and 181lbs but this season he has 46 goals and 55 assists for 101 points in 66 games. He is tied as the league's best scorer.

In the article, they argue that Habs can entice Boland to sign with the organization to go play for the Ice Caps because he's from St. John's.

That's nice and all, but it's common knowledge that the team is moving to Laval next year so that shouldn't play a factor in him signing with us.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's nice and all, but it's common knowledge that the team is moving to Laval next year so that shouldn't play a factor in him signing with us.

Rimouski is eliminated from the playoffs with I believe two games left to the season. He will be a UFA as soon as he's done there. The article suggests that Bergevin can sign the kid to an Amateur Try Out for the rest of this season, selling him on playing in front of friends and family to get his foot inside the pro game. And getting him into the organization through that sales pitch, you can extend him to stay with the Rocket in Laval next year.

He really exploded this year offensively, but looking at his Junior seasons, it's a constant progression in goals, assists, and points every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad