Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
One undrafted FA I'm hoping to see a lot of is Scott Conway who's going to be a 21 year old Sophomore at Providence. There was a lot of buzz about during his Freshman year when he was one of the top scorers in the NCAA at Penn State but then got kicked off the team and had to play in the BCHL last year with the Vees where he put up 116 pts in 56 games. As a teammate of Hawkey's, the Habs will likely get a look at the Brit, and if he has a big year then perhaps he will want to turn pro since he'll be 22 at the end of the season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93316

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Petrus Palmu, who we had at a couple camps, has 10 goals and 7 assists through 10 OHL games this season. He's 3rd in the OHL in scoring which is impressive for a player who turned 19 a couple months ago.

He's smaller than DD, but hopefully Timmins is keeping tabs on him.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Petrus Palmu, who we had at a couple camps, has 10 goals and 7 assists through 10 OHL games this season. He's 3rd in the OHL in scoring which is impressive for a player who turned 19 a couple months ago.

He's smaller than DD, but hopefully Timmins is keeping tabs on him.

I thought he was 20 years old, he's only 19.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm brought it up before but Jake Evans teammate Jordan Gross is off to a great start with a ppg so far this year. Hopefully the Habs are keeping an eye on him. I also was pushing for us to draft his teammate Dylan Malmquist, who went undrafted. He's also off to a big start with 10 pts in 8 games and is once again playing with Evans as they seem to do well together. Malmquist already has more assists then he did all of last year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm kinda surprised Malmquist wasn't drafted last year, he was a fairly high profile guy out of high school and he didn't have a bad freshman season at all with Notre-Dame. Electing to stay in Edina instead of playing at a higher level in the USHL as an 18 year old might have hurt him a bit. I like him too, he's a very fast, high tempo player.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Any khl , NCAA free agents that we should sign?

Ozhighanov from cska and vecchione from union, gross from notre dame , jan kovar from métallurg, tkashev from Kazan comes to mind

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Rumor on the trade board saying undrafted FA Vladimir Tkachev (not the one that played in the QMJHL) is going to come over next year, he was passed over in the '12/'13/'14 drafts. He just turned 23 last month and currently leads his team in scoring, AK Bars (Emelin's former team) and he's teammates with Sekac.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176813

He'd be a UFA? I think Kovalev played for AK Bars too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He'd be a UFA? I think Kovalev played for AK Bars too.

yes he would be a FA as he was never drafted so any team can sign him. Kovalev played for 3 different KHL/RSL teams. He played 35 games for AK Bars, Emelin was there for 4 years and during the lockout, he won a couple KHL championships with them.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
yes he would be a FA as he was never drafted so any team can sign him. Kovalev played for 3 different KHL/RSL teams. He played 35 games for AK Bars, Emelin was there for 4 years and during the lockout, he won a couple KHL championships with them.

Hehe as always you're a wealth of information Montreal. Thanks

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm brought it up before but Jake Evans teammate Jordan Gross is off to a great start with a ppg so far this year. Hopefully the Habs are keeping an eye on him. I also was pushing for us to draft his teammate Dylan Malmquist, who went undrafted. He's also off to a big start with 10 pts in 8 games and is once again playing with Evans as they seem to do well together. Malmquist already has more assists then he did all of last year.

was impressed with Gross again from Friday night, wonder if the Habs are interested. There's also Evans linemate Andrew Oglevie who is a little older despite being only a 2nd year player but he's already got double the points in half the games from last year. Seems to do well on Evans wing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not undrafted but former Hab draft pick Erik Nystrom is doing really well so far this year after his breakout year last season. I wonder if the Habs are keeping tabs on him or not, he's in the 2nd league in Sweden. I wasn't impressed with him during the month or so he was in Hamilton but he's 23 now and in near a ppg, will be interesting to see if any NHL teams are interested in him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
another good showing from Jordan Gross. Oglevie scored a nice goal that Jake Evans set up Malmquist has struggled to score goals but he's been putting up some points and playing on the top line.

Wonder who takes a shot on Johnny Hockey's brother? He looks a good bit like him, I believe he was at NJ's camp but would think the flames would be interested in him.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I really like 20-year-old Dominic Zwerger from Everett. He reminds me a lot of Lehkonen, scores a lot of dirty goals up close but also has a great shot from afar. Also really strong on the forecheck.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With the move to Laval I just thought perhaps they would look to bring in a few more Q FA's this summer to see if they can find anything there. There should be a few spots open I would think depending on how things go via trades and the expansion draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watched Notre Dame vs Michigan Tech to see undrafted FA goalie Angus Redmond. He's having a great season as a older Freshman after playing several years in the BCHL. I thought he looked good considering he was facing a top 12 team in the NCAA. Will be interesting to see what NHL interest there is in him whenever he opts to turn pro.

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad