Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Looks like 30 teams didn't want to offer him an NHL contract (or he really really likes the Rangers)... Strange

Well he's been to one of their camps before so they already had a decent relationship with him I guess. I would have felt confortable enough to give him a full ELC personally but then again there's so many free agents out there, he might have gotten lost in the shuffle a bit.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I remember on 690 a few weeks ago was Nilan guaranteeing that the only thing he could do was promise that he would get Vesey to sit down with the Habs, and that the rest would be up to him. Doubtful, but was nice to hear.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well he's been to one of their camps before so they already had a decent relationship with him I guess. I would have felt confortable enough to give him a full ELC personally but then again there's so many free agents out there, he might have gotten lost in the shuffle a bit.

I would have given him an ELC for sure, would have been interesting if we had him and Lehkonen in the AHL together although it sounds like Lehkonen will be back in the SHL. That said I will be looking to see him in the AHL next year when he faces the IceCaps.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wonder if we might have any interest in giving Tyson Baillie a look. I've never understood why the guy didn't get drafted, he might not be the most spectacular player around but all he does is produce.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
What an awful position to be in! :laugh:

It's better than not having any talent on the roster, I'll grant you that. But there are better situations. If they don't manage money properly, they might be in trouble.

Already, they have a few costly contracts in Kane, O'Reilly, Moulson ad Bogosian. Ristolainen, Girgensons and Foligno are due to re-up this Summer, and the first two especially should get big raises. In two years, Kane, Reinhart and Eichel will need extensions. Odds are it will be the same for Vesey.

The team still has many holes, namely on defense (behind bogo and risto), in net where Lehner is far from a certainty and depth wise offensively.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It might be a bit risky cap wise but I like that move . Teams like Buffalo that don't get many high profile UFA's need to be agressive when the opportunity presents itself. Even if they don't end up signing him in the end it'll still be worth the try.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sounds like one name to keep an eye on for next season is Jimmy Schuldt from St Cloud St, assuming he doesn't turn pro this summer since 8 teams have invited him to development camps. He's a teammate of Hab prospect Charlie Lindgren so if he goes back to the NCAA next year and has a big season, perhaps he can put a good word in.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=165760

I don't usually get to see much of St-Cloud during the year but I'll keep an eye out for him. If Lindgren can provide a few compromising pictures it might definitely help ! As of now I'm still waiting on Vesey to make a decision, it's been very quiet on that front for a good while now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wonder if the Habs will have any interest in Thomas DiPauli who it sounds like the Caps won't be signing him. He's a former teammate of McCarron/Matteau with the USNDTP and for the past 2 years Jake Evans at Notre Dame. A little surprised to hear the Caps aren't likely to sign him unless he's asking too much money as he is coming off a good year where he lead Notre Dame in goals, 5th in assists and 3rd in points, one back of Evans.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wonder if the Habs will have any interest in Thomas DiPauli who it sounds like the Caps won't be signing him. He's a former teammate of McCarron/Matteau with the USNDTP and for the past 2 years Jake Evans at Notre Dame. A little surprised to hear the Caps aren't likely to sign him unless he's asking too much money as he is coming off a good year where he lead Notre Dame in goals, 5th in assists and 3rd in points, one back of Evans.

He made both the U18 and the U20 squad for his country too. He's kinda small but not overly so and he can really skate if memory serves. He'd be worth a look at the very least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The deadline to sign NCAA picks that graduated is on Monday. In addition to DiPauli and Jimmy Vesey who sounds like he will sign with boston as time is running out for the sabers, some other players that might be of interest,

Quentin Shore (C) as it sounds like he won't sign with the Sens. (younger brother of Drew/Nick)

John Gilmour (D) teammate of Parisi/Hawkey, 2nd on the team in goals/points for blueliners. Sounds like Flames won't sign him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
There was very little hope to begin with but we're apparently not on Vesey's updated short list. I kinda hope he goes to Buffalo now, they could really use him.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Looks like John Gilmour will sign with NYR.

Too bad. As a Friars alum I watch a lot of them. He isn't flashy but a solid player and while I don't think he will develop into a NHL player is worth a real look and would be good in the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad