Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Per Bobby Mac, Alex Lyon G (Yale) not likely to make a decision until next week, has 12+ teams interesd/offers. He's likely the top FA in the NCAA, but some thought is that he might opt to return for his Senior year so that next year he won't have to sign an ELC and can get more money.

He gets a shutout every time I watch him play... I think he's the best undrafted NCAA goalie in the past few years

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Wish we still had his rights.

I saw potential in him when we drafted him. Don't know why he wasnt signed.

Couldn't skate. Talented, but a non-agile player is the exact opposite of where the league is trending towards: Speed, agility, transition. I still have huge doubts on him, though I haven't seen him play in a few years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so the flyers get the best NCAA FA, as they sign goalie Alex Lyon, that's huge for them. First they get the head coach I badly wanted (not that the Habs would hire an NCAA American coach that doesn't speak French) now they get the FA I wanted us to get so badly. Of course it won't matter if we lock up Price long term but still would have been a great asset to acquire for free.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have done a decent job in recent years signing college UFA's that can actually play.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I believe Lindgren's career stats with SC is as impressive as Lyon's with Yale. Plus he just won the NCAA championship no? To me he seems very legit, never saw him play. Good signing. We signed Carr after he won the championship I think.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I believe Lindgren's career stats with SC is as impressive as Lyon's with Yale. Plus he just won the NCAA championship no? To me he seems very legit, never saw him play. Good signing. We signed Carr after he won the championship I think.

not really as Lyon lead the NCAA in gaa with an insane 1.63 and was 2nd in the league in save % at .936 but it's hard to compare as Lindgren plays in a tougher conference then Yale which as an Ivy League has the shorter schedule. Lindgren didn't win the national championship as the final 4s didn't even start and last year it was Providence, the year before Union (Carr) and the year before that was Yale.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Alex Lyons is a very impressive goalie prospect.

I really like his poise and composure in the net. Solid rebound control.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sounds like the oilers are about to sign NCAA FA goalie Nick Ellis, if so it would pave the way for Hayden Hawkey to be a starter next year.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder if Prybil will give a chance after they rejected him. Habs pretty weak in terms of RW depth and his path to NHL would be much easier.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Erik Nyström seems like another Euro Habs draft pick that may garner attention next season as UFA if he continues to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad