Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It annoys me because we signed Bozon/Audette as 19 year olds before they'd even earned contracts. Neither would even get one now in retrospect after their 20 year old seasons. Though with Bozon he'd probably still get a sympathy one for what happened.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It annoys me because we signed Bozon/Audette as 19 year olds before they'd even earned contracts. Neither would even get one now in retrospect after their 20 year old seasons. Though with Bozon he'd probably still get a sympathy one for what happened.

I had totally written off Bozon but he's seemed to shown some pretty impressive things of late.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bozon, DLR and Gregoire are some of our more improved players next year.

I hear Gregoire improved his skating as the year went on. If that's something he can still improve than he can be pretty intriguing.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

Well Audette because his father works as a scout for the Habs

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I had totally written off Bozon but he's seemed to shown some pretty impressive things of late.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bozon, DLR and Gregoire are some of our more improved players next year.

I hear Gregoire improved his skating as the year went on. If that's something he can still improve than he can be pretty intriguing.

Eh Bozon never deserved to be called up to St. John's and got 5 goals in half a season. He had 3 goals this month but that's nothing to write home about.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Every late round player has flaws. Its concerning scouting didn't see enough in him to offer a contract.

Not for me. Guy couldn't skate. Would you rather have him or Carr right now? Personally I prefer Carr. Odds are we wouldn't have signed some of those NCAA UFAs that panned out for us if we signed every player we draft. They have to draw the line somewhere, and I agreed and still agree with them that Pribyl back ddn't warrant a Pro contract from Montréal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Someone on the trade board said that the Habs did try to sign him back then before losing his rights but he didn't think he had a shot at the NHL so he wanted to stay at home to develop. Never heard that before so don't know how true that is. Not surprised he got signed though after the season he had, would have happened last year had he not gotten injured imo.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really want Drake Caggiula

some talk about him signing with the Flyers to join his former coach.

I've hyped him a lot in the past , as have Montreal, but the Habs should really look into signing Ahti Oksanen . Watching BU play BC tonight he was once again one of the best forwards on the ice. He's big,fast and with a nose for the net.

From what I read on the prospect board, Oksanen has a few NHL offers but no word on when he will announce who he's going to sign with.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
From what I read on the prospect board, Oksanen has a few NHL offers but no word on when he will announce who he's going to sign with.

I'm really hoping we get him somehow, it would be the equivalent of having a third second rounder this year, except the pick is ready to turn pro right now.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
a list of oa undrafted fa prospect who could be interesting.I don't khow the players,what do you think?

1)Nick Betz.6'5'' rw .46 pts
2)Greg Betzold.6'3''.lw.65 pts.
3)Stephen Harper.6'2''.lw.71 pts.
4)Mason Marchmen.6'3''.rw.51 pts.
5)Mathew Santos.6'0''.rw.69 pts.
6)Connor Brown.6'0''.lw.45 pts.

Do you see any interestinf prospects for the Habs?

Dec 2, 2010
Oksanen was really good this season. Played most of it injured apparently. Still played a strong game. Would be happy with his addition.

Dsquared

Apr 15, 2015
a list of oa undrafted fa prospect who could be interesting.I don't khow the players,what do you think?

Marchment signed with the Marlies... the rest is pretty meh. Not getting PPG in draft +2 year is not attracting at all. The last player to have in impact in that scenario is Andrew Shaw, but he was stellar in PO and Memorial Cup, enough to get drafted in the 5th round.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Sign Stephen Harper just for the lolz.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Over on the trade rumors board, someone is saying the Habs are showing interest in the Finnish goalie Tomi Karhunen, an undrafted FA that turns 27 next year. He put up impressive numbers in SM-liiga this year. Seems kind of strange after they just signed Lindgren unless one of Condon, Fucale were going to be used in some trade package.

He's a teammate of Patrik Laine's.;):popcorn:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Over on the trade rumors board, someone is saying the Habs are showing interest in the Finnish goalie Tomi Karhunen, an undrafted FA that turns 27 next year. He put up impressive numbers in SM-liiga this year. Seems kind of strange after they just signed Lindgren unless one of Condon, Fucale were going to be used in some trade package.

He's a teammate of Patrik Laine's.;):popcorn:

I was just going to mention this, as I was looking through today's posts to make sure someone hadn't posted it here already. Hab fan Petry Dish brought it to the fore, with this tweet:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know if we have enough spots in our system to fit all those goalies. If we assume Fucale and Lindgren will split duties with the Caps next year, Karhunen would have to be in the ECHL and I just can't picture an euro FA being on board with that. We would have to trade someone.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Karhunen.....5'11'' 174lbs......yeah, that would work well.

HE loves being spectacular though. Pure athletics.

He has seen worst moments though....

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Too bad, I like him a lot, I was hoping we might offer him something. He's not the most productive guy in the world but he moves the puck really well, super fast skater. Oh well, can't get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad