Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was impressed with Gross again from Friday night, wonder if the Habs are interested. There's also Evans linemate Andrew Oglevie who is a little older despite being only a 2nd year player but he's already got double the points in half the games from last year. Seems to do well on Evans wing.

have liked what i've seen from Andrew Oglevie this year, just scored the OT winner. He's 2nd on the team in goals, only a Sophomore but he is 22 as he styaed in the USHL for a few years likely to add mass/strength.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Tyler Boland officially eliminated from the QMJHL Playoffs and his Major Junior career over. Here's hoping Bergevin can offer him an ATO to join the Ice Caps and then if he does well there, offer him a contract to stay in Laval.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can't say I'm familiar with Boland but people here seem to be high on him so good on us I guess.

I won't pretend I've seen him a lot. But I did hear Bergevin has interest in him. He finished 2nd in scoring in the regular season. I did watch Game 4 of Saint John against Rimouski. Sea Dogs pretty much dominated but Boland was always creating something for Rimouski. He had two beautiful assists. And he also had a short handed breakaway that was saved by Booth. I am a fan. And he's a center and Lord knows we need to stock up on that position.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
anyone like Aaron Haydon ? just got eliminated from chl playoff and unsigned by dallas last year

Frank Hora is also ufa as of today

Last edited:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Alex Barré-Boulet looks like an interesting target for a UFA signing out of junior. He will turn 20 only on May 21. More than a point per game in his last two seasons, mainly with the weak Drummondville Voltigeurs. He is now with the Blainville Armada and he is killing it in the PO with almost two points per game. He is 5' 10''. Looks like a good gamble and would fit well in Laval. He plays C.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alex Barré-Boulet looks like an interesting target for a UFA signing out of junior. He will turn 20 only on May 21. More than a point per game in his last two seasons, mainly with the weak Drummondville Voltigeurs. He is now with the Blainville Armada and he is killing it in the PO with almost two points per game. He is 5' 10''. Looks like a good gamble and would fit well in Laval. He plays C.

In Drummondville, his coach and GM was Dominque Ducharme. With Armada, his coach and GM is Joel Bouchard. Both or either of these guys are my preferred choices for coach of the Laval Rocket. Both of them have had this player and you know a lot of coaches like to bring some players along with them wherever they go.

pled

Sep 7, 2009

1997 born can still be draft

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Minor news. Ducks signed Giovanni Fiore to an ELC yesterday. If I'm not mistaken he was a camp invitee last year for the Habs.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
There is one guy we should start scouting right now : Victor Ejdsell. C/LW, 6f5, 214 lbs. He is burning the Allsvenskan right now. He will be a UFA, and seems like he dreams of crossing the Atlantic.

Word on Ejdsell is that he is supposed to be signed by HV71 for next season, but that he is very likely to sign an NHL contract to then be loaned back to HV71 for the season.

haven't seen him but perhaps teams will be interested in soon to be 21 year old Sebastian Aho who plays for Skelleftea in the SHL. He leads the SHL in goals by defensemen, 2 ahead of Nygren.

He is still draft eligible. Similar situation to Viktor Arvidsson a few years ago.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Waiting to see how the AHL D squad will shape up....but time to look at Loik Leveillé again. I know, he's off the radar but TRUST me.....I don't have a lot of insides but this kid is ready to go and surprise a lot of people....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He was playing Jr.A, you have to explain that one.

Well the only reason why he did that was to go back to school, should go to university next year but is training really hard, and has not give up on his career. Let just say that some doors closes for stupid reasons that should not have been. This kid should have had the chances than weaker guys got. Anyway.....just saying, if we are interested in adding a guy on our blueline....he might gladly consider going for it. And be ready to go.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Joel Hanley, Ryan Johnston, Keegan Lowe, and Josiah Didier contracts are up.

This year's AHL defensemen still under contract for next year are:
Left: Tom Parisi and Simon Bourque (making his pro debut)
Right: Brett Lernout, Zach Redmond, and Noah Juulsen (also making his pro debut even if he played two games in the Calder Cup Playoffs)

I hope Hanley and Johnston don't get re-upped. From the little I saw, I liked Lowe and Didier (together as well). Wouldn't mind seeing them come back.

I wouldn't mind them signing a veteran defenseman. Just as the coaching is vital to the players' development, a good chunk of their growth is also playing with veterans who can guide the kids.

But for this Léveillé kid, here is what eliteprospects has written about him from 2014:
A minute-munching defenseman that can be relied upon to provide defensive stability, as well as some offensive dynamic. Skates strikingly well, and is quick to notice small openings where he can initiate puck rushes and passing plays. Possesses solid puckhandling and individual skills. Can really protect the puck with his stocky frame and set of hands. All-in-all, a defenseman that offers a lot of positives at both ends of the ice, and can do all of the little things quite well. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Unless there's a very interesting young UFA D available (wouldn't mind Darren Raddysh at all, or give a tryout to Brandon Crowley), I really hope we sign a veteran or 2 for the AHL, kids needs to be better surrounded. (unless they plan to send Jerabek in the A, which would be weird)

Same thing with our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad