GDT: UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw vs. Cruz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't agree with the 49-46 score but again, no issue with Cruz getting the win. Very close fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't tell me Cruz is going back on the shelf. That would really suck.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You did push the pace TJ. You also whiffed more than Ryan Howard.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I had TJ winning the last 3 but ok with the call. Wonder how long Cruz will be out with his foot.

Poor Florian got called out again lol.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I can see why Cruz won, but I had Dillashaw winning myself. How many points does Cruz win with takedowns when he didn't even do anything with them?

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Amazed at Cruz's movement...can't believe the amount of shots Dillashaw threw at just air hoping to catch Cruz. And Dillashaw is so quick himself.

Cruz's looks to have little to no power though...

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
cruz5.0.0.jpg

Tony Weeks' scorecard is really unforgivable. how the hell do you give Cruz the last two rounds? lol

member 51464

Watching the Cruz chat in the post-fight now. He seems like a fairly cerebral fighter. Interesting guy.

Urijah talking **** now. **** that anti-vaxxer.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I had TJ winning but it certainly could've gone either way. I was surprised that Mitrione was actually getting the better of Browne in the early part of the fight. Seemed like the eye pokes bothered him.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Immediate rematch? Dillashaw had to give Barao one, didn't he? Seems like he'd have a good argument for an immediate Dillashaw/Cruz 2 if Cruz is healthy enough to fight again.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
You could only have TJ winning winning if you wanted him to win before the fight started. You can't watch the fight w/o bias and honestly think TJ won. I guess if you can score points for standing in the middle of the cage and punching air TJ won, but I don't think that counts.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Seemed like Dillashaw abandoned anything resembling a gameplan and started to believe his own talk about his power and went from a guy that constantly pressures with footwork and combos to a guy that can only plant and throw. He looked pretty effective with those leg kicks, don't know why he didn't start chopping away earlier.

I though Mitrione got screwed, he looked like the more effective fighter prior to getting his eye poked (and quite badly) twice. Apparently refs don't care about that type of stuff though.

Really smart fight by Eddie. Pettis seems to be following the JDS gameplan where he gets beat one way, and rather than training for that pressure fighting style, just keeps working on his strength.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Seemed like Dillashaw abandoned anything resembling a gameplan and started to believe his own talk about his power and went from a guy that constantly pressures with footwork and combos to a guy that can only plant and throw. He looked pretty effective with those leg kicks, don't know why he didn't start chopping away earlier.

I though Mitrione got screwed, he looked like the more effective fighter prior to getting his eye poked (and quite badly) twice. Apparently refs don't care about that type of stuff though.

Really smart fight by Eddie. Pettis seems to be following the JDS gameplan where he gets beat one way, and rather than training for that pressure fighting style, just keeps working on his strength.

As if I needed more reasons to hate Travis Browne. Those eye pokes were infuriating. Thought I was watching a Jon Jones fight for a second.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I can see why Cruz won, but I had Dillashaw winning myself. How many points does Cruz win with takedowns when he didn't even do anything with them?

Still a takedown which scores.

Takedown while not doing anything with it > fresh air swings.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad