Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Boucher has created more discussion on how and why we feel what we feel than any prospect, ever.

I don't think any of us need or are looking to have our point of view rationalized down to some specific category and I am not judging anyone based on what they think.
Colin White? :P

• Haha
Reactions: OD99

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
This team is already atop the league in hitting and fighting.

Yes, Boucher is going to be a physical player, he needs to be as that is his skill set.

That was my point, the physical aspect was given to much value in the scouting process. Using a 10th overall to draft a physical player, which is by far the most/only appealing trait of Boucher’s is not smart, at all.

He will absolutely have value being a 210 pound winger running around and throwing 5 hits a game. That’s not enough, for me, to use a prime draft selection with so many good options available.

Obviously the Sens view him as more, and they have all been involved long enough to be given the benefit of the doubt, but what I’ve seen in the time since the draft is not only not good, it’s about as bad as you could have gotten.

I’ll be the first to celebrate if he turns into a great, or even average player.
You forgot being bullied in social medias.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
We had no answer for Stutzle getting run the other night. It’s easy for the opposition to avoid Brady if he’s the only player who can deliver a message. I don’t care if it’s a hit or fight, but we need a few more players in the lineup that can hit and send a message.

We only have -

Brady
Watson - slowing, expiring
Kelly - 4th line minutes, needs a bit more strength.

A couple of Boucher Types on our 2-3 lines will protect Jimmy and Norris that much more. The potential of Getting run by Boucher because your teammate ran Stutzle should offer as much or more protection than a potential fight.

Boucher eliminates players, threatens careers, team health etc.
I get the distinct impression that Stu is going to be running guys himself as early as next season. He is showing his competitiveness already and going at guys but once he gets more weight and strength he will be making space for himself.

With as good a skater as he is, if he wants to hit you he will be able to.

That said of course he can't be running around all the time and we don't want him fighting (only Gallagher this weekend) but Kastelic and Greig alone add 2 more physical/feisty forwards in and I am a believer in Crookshank if he heals up properly who also agitates and doesn't seem like he will back down.

Heck the entire team persona is now about being physical. Norris and Batherson hit consistently with Batherson really laying it on a few times per game and when Formenton wants to he can get physical. I am not concerned about team toughness in the least.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I get the distinct impression that Stu is going to be running guys himself as early as next season. He is showing his competitiveness already and going at guys but once he gets more weight and strength he will be making space for himself.

With as good a skater as he is, if he wants to hit you he will be able to.

That said of course he can't be running around all the time and we don't want him fighting (only Gallagher this weekend) but Kastelic and Greig alone add 2 more physical/feisty forwards in and I am a believer in Crookshank if he heals up properly who also agitates and doesn't seem like he will back down.

Heck the entire team persona is now about being physical. Norris and Batherson hit consistently with Batherson really laying it on a few times per game and when Formenton wants to he can get physical. I am not concerned about team toughness in the least.

Yes - positive direction for sure. I think our high hit totals glosses over an hard hitting execution problem but it looks like the Sens are addressing f it.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Yes - positive direction for sure. I think our high hit totals glosses over an hard hitting execution problem but it looks like the Sens are addressing f it.
I get what you mean and I am more thinking of how we would look in a play-off series. Regular season there isn't much need to really obliterate guys although it might happen a couple of times a game.

In a playoff series I can see this team rise to the occasion with all that youthful exuberance and bang bodies pretty well. Our 1st and 4th line are certainly looking like they can inflict some physical damage.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I get what you mean and I am more thinking of how we would look in a play-off series. Regular season there isn't much need to really obliterate guys although it might happen a couple of times a game.

In a playoff series I can see this team rise to the occasion with all that youthful exuberance and bang bodies pretty well. Our 1st and 4th line are certainly looking like they can inflict some physical damage.

I agree - I’m seeing Stutzle getting run 3 games in a row now ? … that’s something that has to stop and the Formy / Brown types aren’t doing a thing about it. They are the ones matched up vs the other teams scoring lines or on the ice with Tim.

This team would get run out of the building in a playoff series. 100x soft hits a game aren’t worth 5-10 heavy ones.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Might need to trade for a vet 4th liner Martin Lapointe , Jordan Tootoo type .. That can play well enough and keep guys honest. People looking for Boucher to fill that role will have to wait at least 3 years.

Kastelic will help with the robustness next year .. Probably wants a different path than to be known as a fighter at this point

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lets say Tyler Boucher through some miracle slipped through the draft last year in his DY. Where would you project him to be drafted this year as an overager?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Might need to trade for a vet 4th liner Martin Lapointe , Jordan Tootoo type .. That can play well enough and keep guys honest. People looking for Boucher to fill that role will have to wait at least 3 years.

Kastelic will help with the robustness next year .. Probably wants a different path than to be known as a fighter at this point
Lawson Crouse LW would be perfect given Watson is going to be a UFA next season. Crouse is only 24 yrs old & he can probably add much more offence than Watson who was good defensively & at blocking shots. I don't see Boucher in that role, but I do see Boucher on a line with Stutzle to give him some room & go after anyone who touches him. I think Kastelic replaces Gambrell as the 4th line C at least I hope so. Would love to see a Crouse - Kastelic - Watson 4th line.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lawson Crouse LW would be perfect given Watson is going to be a UFA next season. Crouse is only 24 yrs old & he can probably add much more offence than Watson who was good defensively & at blocking shots. I don't see Boucher in that role, but I do see Boucher on a line with Stutzle to give him some room & go after anyone who touches him. I think Kastelic replaces Gambrell as the 4th line C at least I hope so. Would love to see a Crouse - Kastelic - Watson 4th line.
I would not mind Crouse .. I think he could be a 3LW. Leave Formenton at 2LW .. it makes us better.
Boucher is a wait and see at this point. I don't think we can pencil him in the NHL lineup anywhere particular yet. Have to see how he does next year.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You can see Brady coming right over when anyone lays a hand on Norris, and Norris is not a small guy either. It would be nice to have that kind of presence on Jimmy’s line, a guy who can play obviously. Too many liberties on the kid, and that will continue until he has grown his ‘respect’ around the league.

Remember how EK was treated, especially after whistles. We don’t have Neiler or Carkner types anymore now.

Reactions: Bileur

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You can see Brady coming right over when anyone lays a hand on Norris, and Norris is not a small guy either. It would be nice to have that kind of presence on Jimmy’s line, a guy who can play obviously. Too many liberties on the kid, and that will continue until he has grown his ‘respect’ around the league.

Remember how EK was treated, especially after whistles. We don’t have Neiler or Carkner types anymore now.
I think Boucher could be that type of guy on Stutzle's line, Formenton has to get bigger physically to be that kind of guy, but we saw a little bit of it the other night. IMO Formenton has gotten better in the last few games & I like him more when he is angry. Having Batherson play with Stutzle helps too, Batherson is big & can hold his own in a fight. But it's what I have always said that other teams will target your best players & you have to have someone on his line to look out for them & you can't depend on the refs, we know they don't give a shit.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Boucher could be that type of guy on Stutzle's line, Formenton has to get bigger physically to be that kind of guy, but we saw a little bit of it the other night. IMO Formenton has gotten better in the last few games & I like him more when he is angry. Having Batherson play with Stutzle helps too, Batherson is big & can hold his own in a fight. But it's what I have always said that other teams will target your best players & you have to have someone on his line to look out for them & you can't depend on the refs, we know they don't give a shit.
And someone in the lineup that will straight pummel a guy if the liberties are too much. One guy on the fourth line would be great.

In the playoffs guys will make liberties part of their game, we have seen it before countless times on our team. We have been able to end it with the right bodies in the lineup.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
And someone in the lineup that will straight pummel a guy if the liberties are too much. One guy on the fourth line would be great.

In the playoffs guys will make liberties part of their game, we have seen it before countless times on our team. We have been able to end it with the right bodies in the lineup.
With Watson going into his UFA season next yr I would like to see them make a deal for Crouse to replace Watson in the lineup & Crouse is good enough to move up in the lineup too. Imagine Crouse on Stutzle's LW & Batherson on the right.

Crouse - Stutzle - Batherson would be interesting.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

There aren't too many Neil types in the league at all, he was pretty unique.

I think maybe Kastellic if/when he makes the team, i don't think he's an intimidating fighter but I suspect he's the type that will come in and stand up for guys. Hamonic will stick up for guys, Watson is a willing if not effective combatant. After that idk, maybe more of the pack mentality aside from Tkachuk.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There aren't too many Neil types in the league at all, he was pretty unique.

I think maybe Kastellic if/when he makes the team, i don't think he's an intimidating fighter but I suspect he's the type that will come in and stand up for guys. Hamonic will stick up for guys, Watson is a willing if not effective combatant. After that idk, maybe more of the pack mentality aside from Tkachuk.
Agreed, maybe Ostapchuk in a few seasons too, that was a serious tilt! Boucher is a tough customer as well. We should be in a great position toughness wise in a few seasons. There are 3-4 guys up front that are clearly slated for replacement.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, maybe Ostapchuk in a few seasons too, that was a serious tilt! Boucher is a tough customer as well. We should be in a great position toughness wise in a few seasons. There are 3-4 guys up front that are clearly slated for replacement.
Ostapchuk - Kastelic - Sokolov 4th line would be interesting, they can score, they can hit & they can drop the mitts. I want to see Boucher with Stutzle as we see Tkachuk with Norris, this team is becoming very interesting in what they could become.

Reactions: God Says No

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
With Watson going into his UFA season next yr I would like to see them make a deal for Crouse to replace Watson in the lineup & Crouse is good enough to move up in the lineup too. Imagine Crouse on Stutzle's LW & Batherson on the right.

Crouse - Stutzle - Batherson would be interesting.

Yeah, if we're getting Crouse it's to play in the middle 6, not 4th line. Boucher/Kleven/2nd pick would be my proposal.

Reactions: Laphroaig

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ostapchuk - Kastelic - Sokolov 4th line would be interesting, they can score, they can hit & they can drop the mitts. I want to see Boucher with Stutzle as we see Tkachuk with Norris, this team is becoming very interesting in what they could become.
I get the concept with Boucher but until his game does a 180 I wouldn't want him anywhere near Stü.

The recent chatter since Gallagher is overblown IMO. Stu will have to fight through extra attention like any good player, but saddling him with someone who is tough but doesn't compliment his game is just helping out the other team.

Which star players have tough guys riding shotgun? Other than Wilson with Ovi (not even sure that is still a thing) can't think of anyone. Even that wasnt to protect Ovi, just happened to be a bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad