Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I get the concept with Boucher but until his game does a 180 I wouldn't want him anywhere near Stü.

The recent chatter since Gallagher is overblown IMO. Stu will have to fight through extra attention like any good player, but saddling him with someone who is tough but doesn't compliment his game is just helping out the other team.

Which star players have tough guys riding shotgun? Other than Wilson with Ovi (not even sure that is still a thing) can't think of anyone. Even that wasnt to protect Ovi, just happened to be a bad ass.

I don’t care about Gallaghers….I care about the full torpedo liberties players are taking on Jimmy the last few games. MTL put him out for two games , he survived the Seattle abuse, and not VAN has him out for at least a game. Everyone is the next shoulder injury waiting to happen or a knee or whatever.

Teams are charging him every game and neither the refs or the Sens are doing a thing about it.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don’t care about Gallaghers….I care about the full torpedo liberties players are taking on Jimmy the last few games. MTL put him out for two games , he survived the Seattle abuse, and not VAN has him out for at least a game. Everyone is the next shoulder injury waiting to happen or a knee or whatever.

Teams are charging him every game and neither the refs or the Sens are doing a thing about it.
I haven't liked our response either but putting him with an inferior player isn't the answer IMO. I really wish that Canucks player was taken to task for that charge on Stü.

The wolf pack mentality has to take over and we need to start running some skill players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I get the concept with Boucher but until his game does a 180 I wouldn't want him anywhere near Stü.

The recent chatter since Gallagher is overblown IMO. Stu will have to fight through extra attention like any good player, but saddling him with someone who is tough but doesn't compliment his game is just helping out the other team.

Which star players have tough guys riding shotgun? Other than Wilson with Ovi (not even sure that is still a thing) can't think of anyone. Even that wasnt to protect Ovi, just happened to be a bad ass.
I see Boucher playing a very similar role to what Tkachuk plays on the top line with Norris. However, that is if he becomes the player this team drafted him to be & that remains to be seen. Remember there are three players on a line & I would hope that Stutzle would have another good player on the opposite wing or a good centre to play with. I prefer Stutzle - Pinto - Boucher. I'm also fine with Formenton - Stutzle - Batherson or Joseph, Batherson. Formenton & Joseph have some fiestiness to their game. There are lots of options with this team now which is great to change it up when needed.

Reactions: OD99

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I haven't liked our response either but putting him with an inferior player isn't the answer IMO. I really wish that Canucks player was taken to task for that charge on Stü.

The wolf pack mentality has to take over and we need to start running some skill players.
The code is if you run our skilled player we will run your skilled players. That can always come back to haunt you, but we need to be more agressive & as you say have a wolf pack mentality. And IMO have someone on his line to watch his back for a while anyway.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This team is already atop the league in hitting and fighting.

Yes, Boucher is going to be a physical player, he needs to be as that is his skill set.

That was my point, the physical aspect was given to much value in the scouting process. Using a 10th overall to draft a physical player, which is by far the most/only appealing trait of Boucher’s is not smart, at all.

He will absolutely have value being a 210 pound winger running around and throwing 5 hits a game. That’s not enough, for me, to use a prime draft selection with so many good options available.

Obviously the Sens view him as more, and they have all been involved long enough to be given the benefit of the doubt, but what I’ve seen in the time since the draft is not only not good, it’s about as bad as you could have gotten.

I’ll be the first to celebrate if he turns into a great, or even average player.
As bad as you could have gotten?
Really?
Think you’re off on this one.
Some poor evaluators up in here. And I’m not saying he’s a goal scoring superstar in the making.
Just…be patient people.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
As bad as you could have gotten?
Really?
Think you’re off on this one.
Some poor evaluators up in here. And I’m not saying he’s a goal scoring superstar in the making.
Just…be patient people.

If we're going to celebrate when a drafted player has a fantastic D+1 season and solidifies himself as a top-end prospect (see: Shane Pinto, Drake Batherson), it's equally fair to criticize when a guy has very, very bad D+1 season.

Especially when that pick was viewed by almost everyone as a substantial reach. And when several players taken in the picks right after (Sillinger, Coronato, Cossa, Othmann, Bolduc, Wallstedt and Johnston) have had great years.

It doesn't mean the team is screwed, it doesn't mean Mann should be fired... but it's okay to admit that Boucher looks to be trending more similarly to Stefan Noesen and Shane Bowers than to Tom Wilson.

We should have been pencilling in Sillinger onto Stützle's wing for next season, where he probably pots 20+ goals.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If we're going to celebrate when a drafted player has a fantastic D+1 season and solidifies himself as a top-end prospect (see: Shane Pinto, Drake Batherson), it's equally fair to criticize when a guy has very, very bad D+1 season.

Especially when that pick was viewed by almost everyone as a substantial reach. And when several players taken in the picks right after (Sillinger, Coronato, Cossa, Othmann, Bolduc, Wallstedt and Johnston) have had great years.

It doesn't mean the team is screwed, it doesn't mean Mann should be fired... but it's okay to admit that Boucher looks to be trending more similarly to Stefan Noesen and Shane Bowers than to Tom Wilson.

We should have been pencilling in Sillinger onto Stützle's wing for next season, where he probably pots 20+ goals.
Meh … no need for more PP2 only future 40-50 second line players. Good for him if he develops into more - but that was his projection. He is -25.

BTW- Boucher looks bigger today.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Meh … no need for more PP2 only future 40-50 second line players. Good for him if he develops into more - but that was his projection. He is -25.

BTW- Boucher looks bigger today.

Stützle is -24.

Sillinger will score 30 goals several times in this league, IMO.

And even if you don’t like Sillinger, I’d rather have Othmann or Bolduc as well. Or Wyatt Johnston. Or one of the goalies.

I’m really hoping Boucher turns into Clutterbuck or Watson, but let’s not kid ourselves, he was a reach and it looks like a bad pick at that spot. Both those guys were PPG players in the OHL. Boucher has struggled to score.

Again, it is what it is. You win some and lose some.

I won’t completely write him off, but he also hasn’t done anything to make me think he’ll be a big part of the future here.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stützle is -24.

And even if you don’t like Sillinger, I’d rather have Othmann or Bolduc as well. Or Wyatt Johnston. Or one of the goalies.

I’m really hoping Boucher turns into Clutterbuck or Watson, but let’s not kid ourselves, he was a reach and it looks like a bad pick at that spot. Both those guys were PPG players in the OHL. Boucher has struggled to score.

I won’t completely write him off, but he also hasn’t done anything to make me think he’ll be a big part of the future here.
Mann will have his work cut out to shine this one up.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He was generating a lot of scoring chances in the 1st game of the Ottawa vs North Bay series. He was one of the better players for the 67's. Here are a couple of clips from Twitter of his play.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009

No he’s not trending towards noesen or bowers.
That’s the problem here. Just…calm down people. Let him play and develop. He will be an Ottawa senator soon and we will all love him. So this extensive discussion on what a poor pick it was is just going to look silly.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Also. Part of the problem with Boucher on the 67s is that Dave Cameron is not a good coach.

Reactions: DJB

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Also. Part of the problem with Boucher on the 67s is that Dave Cameron is not a good coach.
Quite a checklist of reasons for Boucher's slow D+1 year.

Once all the unfair barriers that only he has are out of the way he will be where we want him.

For clarity, those were the highlights from his game?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
For clarity, those were the highlights from his game?

There was more than just those clips where he stood out and he did some good things but it wasn't a great game for him imo.

Consistency from one shift to another was my biggest issue with him tonight. He had shifts where he was flying and making things happen but it wasn't often enough. I would like to see him attack with more speed when he has the puck. He can be an explosive skater but tonight I can only recall one instance where he used that explosiveness in transition. Nothing came out of that rush but it was a moment where you move to the edge of your seat. He was more cerebral in transition and slowed down the play a bit too much for me.

I know injuries have been a problem during his time with the 67's and I'm unaware if he is nursing any issues but he seemed off tonight in comparison to other viewing I've had. He wasn't bad, I just know he can be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senator Stanley

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No he’s not trending towards noesen or bowers.
That’s the problem here. Just…calm down people. Let him play and develop. He will be an Ottawa senator soon and we will all love him. So this extensive discussion on what a poor pick it was is just going to look silly.

You’re right, Noesen was much better in his D+1 season.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Stützle is -24.

I think you should get credit for deciphering the post that you replied to. LOL. It would have been too much work (etc) for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad