Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The guy said “Owen Nolan type”. Relax
Owen Nolan is optimistic, but Nolan wasn't THAT good either. He had some seasons where he didn't score much at all and was never really a top piece on a good team. Not saying Boucher will be that good, just find Nolan gets overrated in retrospect due to a few iconic moments (40 goal season, the point-n-shoot, 1st OV, being coveted by Toronto & the hype of his arrival, etc).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The fascination for Boucher is unbelievable. I get it's a hockey board, but part 3? Lol, Greig gets 2 point nights like it's baby food and his thread is buried constantly.

Let Boucher breath, pretend it's already a bust.

Reactions: dumbdick

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
If the Sens are building a team like Tampa, the need for Boucher may only be to become an above average 3rd liner.

Tampa wins Cups with:
A hugely productive top 3 forwards and powerplay. Sens need Stutzle to become a ppg player, along with Batherson and an acquisition (draft/trade/free agent) to get close to this level. If Stutzle or an acquisition aren't up to it, we are significantly behind in top talent.
Tampa's 4-6 forwards last playoff and this season (Killorn, Palat and Cirelli) are nearly as dominant as a 2nd line as their 1st line in terms of outperforming the opposition. Sens could get this domination from Tkachuk, Norris and maybe Formenton. Maybe Boucher could be in for Formenton, but maybe not. Might also be Grieg at some point.
Tampa's 3rd and 4th line also are plus players, mostly gritty, tough and defensively responsible. Sens can match this with Brown, Pinto, Boucher, Kastellic, Grieg, + 1 add. Brown + Boucher + Pinto could be a dominant 3rd line, with Grieg in for Brown as he ages out.

The defense needs some work, but Chabot + Sanderson matches well with Hedman and Sergachev if Sanderson becomes a scoring/physical force that comes reasonably close to Hedman. After Zub there is some work to do going forward.

Assuming the Sens can use their 1st this year for a very good top line forward, or trade assets or sign a free agent to get one, Boucher needs only to become a third line dominant physical winger (30 points per year will do), or a very good 2nd liner IF Formenton and Grieg can't become 50-60 point players in the next few years.

The key adds, if most work out, is a great top line forward, and solid defensive depth. Boucher needs to only do well as a 2nd or 3rd tier contributor, and the added toughness is a very nice asset.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Owen Nolan is optimistic, but Nolan wasn't THAT good either. He had some seasons where he didn't score much at all and was never really a top piece on a good team. Not saying Boucher will be that good, just find Nolan gets overrated in retrospect due to a few iconic moments (40 goal season, the point-n-shoot, 1st OV, being coveted by Toronto & the hype of his arrival, etc).

Not an insult to Nolan or Boucher but I was thinking about the 20-25 goal Nolan who wasn’t great with the puck and didn’t have a natural offensive game. Still a solid player and big and mean, good player with a good shot

Owan Nolan types are more rare then Peter Nedved types and that’s why I’m glad they picked Boucher. He’ll be a big part of the team when he gets here

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Boucher just made a big hit where he separated the player from the puck & knocked him on his ass than ragged the puck until his teammates got into the zone from a line change & made a perfect pass into the slot for a really good chance on net. Really nice power play.

Boucher with another good play in front of the net pretending to be Brady causing all kinds of trouble for the Hamilton defence giving Ottawa another good opportunity & shot on net. 67s all over Hamilton in this first period & Boucher again strong on the cycle.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I forgot to record the game but my spidey sense is telling my Boucher didn't have much of a game since there is only 1 comment?

Any feedback from those who watched?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I forgot to record the game but my spidey sense is telling my Boucher didn't have much of a game since there is only 1 comment?

i watched. Did not see much to comment on. Other players, particularly on Bulldogs impressed me.

Reactions: OD99

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Boucher had good and meh moments. One thing I would love to see is Boucher drift out from the top of the crease on the PP. He gets so tight to the goalie that he becomes one dimensional. If he can learn to move in and out and side to side in the 6x 10 area around the crease he will be so much more effective. Cameron will get him going in the right direction.

Reactions: OD99

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012

I actually thought he was very good. I tried to just watch the game and see who stood out during the course of the action. Boucher's first shift, he steam rolls a guy, retrieves the puck, protects the puck against the wall and dishes a nice pass to the top of slot. It was a good scoring opportunity that didn't materialize.

Boucher also had some nice rushes with the puck. On one occasion, he gained the blue line by cutting cross the middle, using some nice speed and stick handling.

My general impression: he is going to start surprising people with his skill and production. It is a matter of time. I see flashes. He just needs a little more consistency.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He was an absolute terror to play against. Brought a very unique skillset as well as being a great leader, I dont think he was overrated at all. He had 442 goals and 800 + points while bringing a physical element to the table. If you are basing him on what he looked like in Toronto that was the twighlight of his career not when he was dominating games physically while scoring. I dont think Boucher will ever be close to Owen Nolan but that doesnt mean he cant be a Josh Anderson.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Mendes has an article on Boucher out. Nice little piece on behind the scenes with the kid, and how his emotional state has been over this last tough stretch.

It’s nice adding a human element to the young players, I’m pulling for this kid for sure, and it sounds like he’s gunning for a spot on the team next fall.

Reactions: Sweatred

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He was an absolute terror to play against. Brought a very unique skillset as well as being a great leader, I dont think he was overrated at all. He had 442 goals and 800 + points while bringing a physical element to the table. If you are basing him on what he looked like in Toronto that was the twighlight of his career not when he was dominating games physically while scoring. I dont think Boucher will ever be close to Owen Nolan but that doesnt mean he cant be a Josh Anderson.

Nolan was a beast for sure, and super lofty heights for any prospect to reach, I just mean that people tend to remember him for his high scoring seasons, all-star seasons but the reality is that he was a very streaky scorer who had some great seasons and some just ok seasons.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Aren't they one of the best teams in the OHL (Bulldogs)?

1st place in the OHL, the 67s lost in the shootout, a skills competition. However, 3 0n 3 it took a while for Cameron to put Boucher on the ice & it didn't take long for Boucher to put on some pressure & create a scoring chance while he was out there & spent most of his shift in the offensive zone.

Boucher had good and meh moments. One thing I would love to see is Boucher drift out from the top of the crease on the PP. He gets so tight to the goalie that he becomes one dimensional. If he can learn to move in and out and side to side in the 6x 10 area around the crease he will be so much more effective. Cameron will get him going in the right direction.

Boucher goes to the front of the net like Tkachuk does & tries to screen the goalie. I would not be surprised if he is told to do that by the coaching staff since it's where forwards take the most punishment from defencemen & you need a guy that is willing to do that. Hopefully with confidence he gets better at it, I would like to see him shoot a lot more he seems to have a pro wrist shot.

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Nice little backhand pass for an assist...

Really bad charging penalty on this hit...

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Charging? Some refs can’t handle guys who hit hard.
Not sure how that was charging, Junior is a bit of a different standard but still, that seemed pretty clean to me. I guess if I had to call something maybe boarding since the rule is written in such a way as any hit into the boards could get called boarding if it's hard enough...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have played and been involved in hockey for the past 25+ years, I still don’t know how to tell if something is charging or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: lancepitlick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad