Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Let's say he's a capable NHL Player where do you guys project him? Do you think he could play with Stutzle? Or do you see him as more of that third line guy?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Let's say he's a capable NHL Player where do you guys project him? Do you think he could play with Stutzle? Or do you see him as more of that third line guy?

If we have another top end player with Stutzle then yes, I can see him there. Playing the role of disrupter and freeing space for the skilled guys while being able to keep up skating wise.

Fiala/Greig-Stutzle-Boucher

If Stutzle does not have a high-end guy with him, then I see Boucher on 3rd line with 2 more higher skilled guys with Stutzle to utilize his ability more. Regardless, I think with Norris, Stutzle and Pinto down the middle, all 3 lines could have interchangeable wingers from time to time.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Honesty this is so hard to project. As of this moment I find it hard to see him becoming a regular NHLer other than as a banger so I wouldn't want him anywhere near the top lines.

He has time but he needs to start showing far more offensive upside before I can see him in any sort of scoring role.

Lets reevaluate in 2 years.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Man sillenger makes this pick so painful

Wonder what happened in the draft room

Doesn’t look like they went for BPA

Reactions: Cosmix

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
The guy is a project, that's for sure, so I think it is hard to project him. Obviously the team wants him to be the next prime Milan Lucic, though probably with better skating and worse hands. Otherwise you probably don't pick him at #10.

I don't think it was BPA thinking, it was "we already have skill guys so we need some grit for our playoff runs in 2026 or whatever." Personally I think you should worry about making the playoffs before you start worrying about game 6 of the finals, but that's just me.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have no comment on Boucher and am waiting to see how he performs over the rest of this season. Hopefully he does very well.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A 10th overall pick searching for a scoring touch in a junior league, jesus. The pick right after that is scoring hat tricks in the big leagues on the day that this article is written.

What a swing and a miss so far.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Why could we haven't picked Sillinger and then moved up for Boucher. Or just not pick Boucher at all.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Assuming, you know, we have the talent to make the playoffs!

A reach for a player like Boucher who brings a unique skillset but is likely a bottom 6 banger in the mold of a Torres/Clutterbuck made more sense for a team like the Rangers, who already have all the pieces in place to be contenders for the next 5-10 years, than it did for us.

Reactions: Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
A reach for a player like Boucher who brings a unique skillset but is likely a bottom 6 banger in the mold of a Torres/Clutterbuck made more sense for a team like the Rangers, who already have all the pieces in place to be contenders for the next 5-10 years, than it did for us.

Yep we already had players in the league and the system that provided a similar skill set to Boucher.

There is already a Tkachuk, Formenton, Greig, Kelly, Crookshank etc.

How many of these same type of players do we need when there is a clear lack of star offensive talent beyond 2-3 players.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
6pts in 11 games for a 10th overall pick is........not great. #BreakingNews

6 points in 12 games now. 67s played the Ice Dogs today and Boucher was held pointless again.

9 points in 28 games now between the NCAA and the OHL. Even Tyler Biggs beat that.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No he does not have the skill to play with Stutzle. Boucher needs to prove he belongs in the top 2 lines and has not done so. Right now he looks like a bottom six player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Boucher will be another version of Tkachuk probably not quite as good, he'll play a similar game & make his money in front of the net & disrupt the other team with hits & drive goalies nuts. I also think Stutzle with Boucher on his wing will make room out there for him & watch his back. They will need to have a goal scorer on LW & it wouldn't surprise me to see Jarventie on LW.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Jarventie - Stutzle - Boucher
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Kastelic - Sokolov/Kelly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad