Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Though I get the frustration, probably better served to have some patience. There's the potential for an effective NHL player worthy of being the 10th overall selection imo. It's been a disappointing season in regards to results and I can't put my finger on what exactly has been the issue. His combination of explosiveness, skill and work ethic is intriguing and I think it's a matter of time that it starts to yield results in junior hockey.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Though I get the frustration, probably better served to have some patience. There's the potential for an effective NHL player worthy of being the 10th overall selection imo. It's been a disappointing season in regards to results and I can't put my finger on what exactly has been the issue. His combination of explosiveness, skill and work ethic is intriguing and I think it's a matter of time that it starts to yield results in junior hockey.
Probably the amount of time Boucher missed due to Covid & injuries & switching leagues & teams/teammates probably has hurt his development as well. I think we will see a different version of Boucher next season & give us a better idea of what kind of player he could be.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I think Boucher will be another version of Tkachuk probably not quite as good, he'll play a similar game & make his money in front of the net & disrupt the other team with hits & drive goalies nuts. I also think Stutzle with Boucher on his winf will make room out there for him & watch his back. They will need to have a goal scorer on LW & it wouldn't surprise me to see Jarventie on LW.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Jarventie - Stutzle - Boucher
Formenton - Pinto - C. Brown
Paul - Kastelic - Sokolov/Kelly
Well at least you have Jimmy at C...

Let's be real here. Yes Boucher has missed time (although just about every junior player has last 2 seasons) but how can you see what he has done and somehow project him to play with one of our most skilled players on the 2nd line?

He can't produce on the 67s top line right now. He has a looong way to go and he should be forgotten until at least the end of next season and then lets see if he can make Belleville.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Well at least you have Jimmy at C...

Let's be real here. Yes Boucher has missed time (although just about every junior player has last 2 seasons) but how can you see what he has done and somehow project him to play with one of our most skilled players on the 2nd line?

He can't produce on the 67s top line right now. He has a looong way to go and he should be forgotten until at least the end of next season and then lets see if he can make Belleville.
I wrote off all last seasons draft for the entire league. To much madness going on. Some teams hit, some didn't. Helps me sleep anyway.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I hope he makes those of us who questioned the pick look like idiots. Would be an amazing outcome
It really would, but the guy is pretty young and things could go either way for sure.

At least he is able to display some skills that project to be awesome if he can put it all together.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed till the last moment!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Probably as bad a season developmentally you could ask for, and made so, so much worse when it’s someone taken with the 10th overall, made even worse when it was considered such a reach in the first place.

Not the end of the world, tons and tons of time to turn the tides, but looks like a gigantic miss at the moment.

Wasn’t against the pick at the time (definitely wouldn’t have been on my radar) because hey, Covid year and completely different circumstances around all the players. He plays the game the way the team likes (again, not a fan of that line of thinking, but I didn’t watch him much). But after watching a pretty solid amount, and looking for anything to help me see, I’m coming up blank. I can’t see why we would have used a 10th overall on him

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Probably as bad a season developmentally you could ask for, and made so, so much worse when it’s someone taken with the 10th overall, made even worse when it was considered such a reach in the first place.

Not the end of the world, tons and tons of time to turn the tides, but looks like a gigantic miss at the moment.
Ask Gus about bad developmental seasons.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Sillinger with a hat trick?

I wonder if Caps fans were as critical of the Tom Wilson pick after Hertl scored 4 goals. ;)

Reactions: aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I think almost every single one of us wanted Sillinger at #10, and I definitely had one of those "who!?" moments when I logged on to HF on draft day and saw the thread title indicating we had drafted Tyler Boucher (again, who??).

Either way, I am way past the point of being annoyed or upset about us making a bad pick. I have been both right and wrong at times throughout the years when it comes to who I wanted and who the team selected (for example Lee over Kopitar, White over Konecny, Pinto over Kaliyev, Boucher over Sillinger) and in the end it is what it is, and every NHL team makes good and bad picks over the years.

Luckily I have huge hope for some of the under the radar picks like Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov, Johannson, etc. who could end up making the NHL and grabbing a spot anyway, so whether Boucher pans out or not will not make or break the rebuild.

Espcially considering we lucked out and get a re-do in a top 10 pick this year too (last year was supposed to be our last, remember?)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It’s quite easy to see what happened on draft day. Senators were banking on one of Guenther, Clarke, Eklund, Edvinsson, Johnson, Hughes or McTavish being available at #10. The Sens and more importantly the media were pushing Ottawa taking a goalie so they were banking on someone ahead of them reaching, taking a goalie or someone trading up to take a goalie.

They panicked when none of the top 9 fell to #10 and thus took Boucher at #10.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
It’s quite easy to see what happened on draft day. Senators were banking on one of Guenther, Clarke, Eklund, Edvinsson, Johnson, Hughes or McTavish being available at #10. The Sens and more importantly the media were pushing Ottawa taking a goalie so they were banking on someone ahead of them reaching, taking a goalie or someone trading up to take a goalie.

Could you imagine if this was true? "Don't worry about scouting guys, someone good will fall to us. Oh crap, no one fell, who do we take now?! Are there any American kids going to play college hockey that play a physical game and come from an NHL family?"

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Yes, it's so obvious that their list only went to 9 and they couldn't fathom all of those guys would be gone. So they picked a name at random and lo and behold, we have Tyler Boucher.

The Senators had a list and Boucher was the top guy on it when they got to 10. He could've been 7th on their list for all we know.

At this point, all I can do is say that Boucher is a Senators prospect and I like his toolset. I don't care where he was drafted and who came after him because what's done is done. I like what I see from him and it's way too early to write him off as a lot of people have done.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

Is this the new alt account for the guy who wanted Chabot benched?

assennayo

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yes, it's so obvious that their list only went to 9 and they couldn't fathom all of those guys would be gone. So they picked a name at random and lo and behold, we have Tyler Boucher.

The Senators had a list and Boucher was the top guy on it when they got to 10. He could've been 7th on their list for all we know.

At this point, all I can do is say that Boucher is a Senators prospect and I like his toolset. I don't care where he was drafted and who came after him because what's done is done. I like what I see from him and it's way too early to write him off as a lot of people have done.
Boucher is a terrible player and will be looked back upon as one of the worst selections in the history of the NHL draft.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Boucher is a terrible player and will be looked back upon as one of the worst selections in the history of the NHL draft.
This post is just another example of why online discussions are pointless. Most people are simply here to spew and troll and don’t care a wit about the words they put out there.

We’re all anonymous after all.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
I think we close this thread, leave Boucher off any ranked prospect lists and just ignore his existence for 2 years. Then in March 2024, we open the thread and someone provides an update.

He's like an asset you write off as a loss. If he later provides some value, that's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad