Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to watch Boucher in the playoffs this yr with the 67s if they make it. Probably give us a better perspective of what kind of player he is & potentially what he could be. I think next yr will be a bigger yr for him with the 67s when he comes in fresh right at the beginning of the yr.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sens staff clearly overestimated their ability to identify gems in extremely short sample sizes.

Boucher, Ostapchuk, Johansson and Latimer only played 20ish games, while Roger and Romeo didn't play at all.

The massive jump in play from guys like Wyatt Johnston, Ryan Winterton, Logan Stankoven and others who didn't get to play hardly at all last year has shown that the gamble can pay off, but only when the right attributes are emphasized (skill and IQ mainly), while the Sens staff clearly chose to focus on other things (size, physicality and speed mainly).

Hopefully this is a learning experience for Mann and his team.

Or you lack patience before forming concrete conclusion.

Could be both, we’ll have to wait and see :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Beck-Tolnai-Boucher line looks very good. They had 2-3 dominant shifts.
the line manufactured a goal from the point on one shift .. Boucher 1st OHL assist on a rebound
next shift the were buzzing and came close again.
Beck just missed on a cross crease pass from Boucher
Boucher fanned on a shot on a set up from Beck
they are back out now Boucher gave Beck another decent chance from side of the net
End of P1
P2
Boucher just ripped one finishing on a 3 on 2 .. nice shot nice goal
Boucher just hammered someone Budnick? forechecking in the corner

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Now maybe people are starting to see what this coaching staff saw & what PD said that Boucher can score. Still very early but you can see the guy has a good set of hands & a great shot & he HITS like a truck. IMO he could be a different kind of Tkachuk who plays a very tough style while at the same time adding some offence. Hopefully he stays healthy & keeps getting better.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Now maybe people are starting to see what this coaching staff saw & what PD said that Boucher can score. Still very early but you can see the guy has a good set of hands & a great shot & he HITS like a truck. IMO he could be a different kind of Tkachuk who plays a very tough style while at the same time adding some offence. Hopefully he stays healthy & keeps getting better.
Promise is there. Looooong way to go.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think the best way is to look at Boucher is a potential Chris Neil. I would draft Chris Neil top 10 in hindsight if my team needed it. Dude was an icon.

He probably won't be as tough as Neil but he does love physical contact to the same crazy extent. A pathological need to get in every hit possible. He also seems to have better tools than Neil in terms of skating and shooting.

So yea elite hitter with bonus of great tools is pretty easy to get excited about.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think the best way is to look at Boucher is a potential Chris Neil. I would draft Chris Neil top 10 in hindsight if my team needed it. Dude was an icon.

He probably won't be as tough as Neil but he does love physical contact to the same crazy extent. A pathological need to get in every hit possible. He also seems to have better tools than Neil in terms of skating and shooting.

So yea elite hitter with bonus of great tools is pretty easy to get excited about.
I think Blake Comeau is a good comparable. Him or Justin Abdelkader

Reactions: starling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad