OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This is how I feel about 99% of action movies and why I stopped watching them. Don't know if it's a sign of times or that I got older to the point I can't enjoy these dumb storylines anymore.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but apparently Hollywood has made it a point to simplify the action movie plots (even more) and they also try to limit more complex humor so that Chinese audiences can enjoy the movies while not feeling left out, not sure if this is the reason or not.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but apparently Hollywood has made it a point to simplify the action movie plots (even more) and they also try to limit more complex humor so that Chinese audiences can enjoy the movies while not feeling left out, not sure if this is the reason or not.
I've always thought of action films as "mindless violence" -- where you can just sit back and watch guys fight and blow up stuff. I've never found the dialogue or humor complex. Guess it's a "me" thing.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'm back on the Snowpiercer train for the fourth and final season that was filmed but then dropped by TNT as a tax write-off but AMC picked it up. So glad AMC got it and is airing the final season. It's loosely based on the film but over 3 seasons managed to build its own world and good, interesting characters to be invested in.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I'm back on the Snowpiercer train for the fourth and final season that was filmed but then dropped by TNT as a tax write-off but AMC picked it up. So glad AMC got it and is airing the final season. It's loosely based on the film but over 3 seasons managed to build its own world and good, interesting characters to be invested in.

I was surprised by this - didn't know there was even going to be a 4th season.

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I have to finish the first season.

I'm waiting for more Slow Horses.
I watched two seasons of Slow Horses but after starting S3 I dropped it - too much of the same shtick IMO

Rings of power was not better than wheel of time.
To each his own I guess. Rings characters were A LOT more compelling to me and storylines AS SHOWN kept me more engaged...

Reactions: Ben Grimm

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
To each his own I guess. Rings characters were A LOT more compelling to me and storylines AS SHOWN kept me more engaged...
Fair. I found there was only really one plot line that kept me engaged in ring, whereas I really was hooked to all the plots in wheel of time.

And I am separating the wheel of time books from the show.

Reactions: kovazub94

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Just finished watching season 3 of The Bear on Hulu.
If I were to write a cheesy headline for a review, I’d write:
“This Bear Should Have Stayed in Hibernation”

Take out the words “Chef, Cousin, Are We Good and Haunted” and you’d be left with 10 episodes of actors standing in and around a restaurant.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
So, word on the street is that House of Dragons 2 was not up to par -- is this true? I haven't watched any of it yet....I found season 1 difficult to get thru only because of my intense hatred of the Targaryens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad