OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
By the way, isn't it funny that nearly every time a body explodes, Hughie is always the one to get "doused"!!!!
Interesting you mentioned funny. This season was really dour overall. So glad Deep can still bring the rare moment of laughs though. I'm also desensitized to the gore lol. It's so beyond extreme at this point, it's cartoonish.

Reactions: majordomo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Boardwalk Empire also a good series for streaming . I thought it had a great cast . A new one , Hotel Cocaine..... also looks like it will be entertaining . I'm also watching Blue Bloods.....I had never watched an episode of it ever until 3 months ago...now I am in Season 10 . It was just a series I had previously skipped . Donne Wahlberg is really great ! Mayor of Kingstown -Snowfall-Peaky Blinders all great TV series . Drama-cops-drugs usually holds my attention for the most part when it comes to my own viewing . LOL.....I forgot to mention Banshee....it had a bit of everything in it ! Action packed series it was indeed !!!!
Boardwalk Empire is a classic and a must watch! Snowfall is more recent and if not in that category - it should be considered. Peaky is a classic. I’m keeping an eye on Mayor of Kingstown. What do think about Stallone’s King of Tulsa, I think it’s called?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Boardwalk Empire is a classic and a must watch! Snowfall is more recent and if not in that category - it should be considered. Peaky is a classic. I’m keeping an eye on Mayor of Kingstown. What do think about Stallone’s King of Tulsa, I think it’s called?
I think one season of Tulsa was enough for me .

Reactions: kovazub94

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The thing I remember most about the original Twister was it had a pretty fun soundtrack. The Van Halen and RHCP songs were great and ironically both made member change back to their classic lineups after.

Kill the Hindi film was a pretty good throwback to 80s and 90s action movies.

The Deadpool and Wolverine movie is next week and will probably save the summer box office.

Zoe Kravitz directed a film coming out end of summer, that looks interesting.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Twisters was a blast, great to see it crushed at the box office. Glen Powell stock through the roof.

The Lainey Wilson song was beautiful, and overall, the soundtrack was great for the duration.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Anyone watch Loudermilk on Netflix? I keep watching season 1 but it has not been great.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Aw heck -- and here I was thinking it was about a bunch of people dancing.

Breaking is now an Olympic sport, so you're covered.

The thing I remember most about the original Twister was it had a pretty fun soundtrack. The Van Halen and RHCP songs were great and ironically both made member change back to their classic lineups after.

Kill the Hindi film was a pretty good throwback to 80s and 90s action movies.

The Deadpool and Wolverine movie is next week and will probably save the summer box office.

Zoe Kravitz directed a film coming out end of summer, that looks interesting.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman cranking Goo Goo Dolls' Long Way Down sticks in my memory.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I watched it - if you don't like it this far - you're not going to like it anymore if you continue watching. I thought it was ok
Thanks. I like the cast but its just so dry so far. I think I'm around 6 episodes or so in.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Well, interrogations are never fun.
True. The story was told after the first 2 hours when the bomb was invented. That last hour was just pc lecturing. He intentionally embarrassed the wrong guy and paid the price. Trying to fight the status quo was dumb. This was the McCarthy era for goodness sake.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Skywalkers docu on Netflix. Nuts. Completely utterly bonkers.

Last edited:

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The 2023 Mission Impossible flick is on Prime.

EDIT: OMG, it's so bad and cheesy. Cobra Commander may show up soon. Tom looks 62.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The 2023 Mission Impossible flick is on Prime.

EDIT: OMG, it's so bad and cheesy. Cobra Commander may show up soon. Tom looks 62.
This is how I feel about 99% of action movies and why I stopped watching them. Don't know if it's a sign of times or that I got older to the point I can't enjoy these dumb storylines anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad