OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just rewatched Event Horizon.....while I didn't dislike it as I did the first time I saw it, I can understand my original reaction and why it bombed at the box office.
Apparently the Directors Cut (which was never released and likely never will be) was 5x more intense but they didnt think the audience could/would handle it.

That movie freaked me out.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Apparently the Directors Cut (which was never released and likely never will be) was 5x more intense but they didnt think the audience could/would handle it.

That movie freaked me out.
I guess I'm a wee bit jaded when it comes to movies like that....seen quite a few of them by the time I saw EH, so not much really surprised me. (Plus some claim I have a wicked mind.)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m actually enjoying About to Die on Cock+. Characters motivations and actions a bit too simplistic but its charm similar to HBO’s Rome

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I’m actually enjoying About to Die on Cock+. Characters motivations and actions a bit too simplistic but its charm similar to HBO’s Rome
As much as I like Iwan Rheon, that show didn't grab me at all (and I loved Rome as well).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks....maybe I'll give it another whirl when I have the chance. As I mentioned, I've enjoyed Rhoen's work since I first saw him in Misfits.
Actors performance is pretty strong and definitely helped me not rolling my eyes in certain situations lol.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Can't wait to binge watch it. It's become a favorite for the wife and I.

We recently watched Jackpot on Amazon Prime. I was not expecting a good movie but we actually laughed really hard.
Good by todays standards. OK by all time standards imo. Cena has shown he is fairly good in comedies and I always like the girl in that film.

Did anyone else not like the Matrix? Seems like one of those movies I just did not get in to. Maybe because they made fun of Mats Zuccarello. :)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Good by todays standards. OK by all time standards imo. Cena has shown he is fairly good in comedies and I always like the girl in that film.

Did anyone else not like the Matrix? Seems like one of those movies I just did not get in to. Maybe because they made fun of Mats Zuccarello. :)
Well, to be fair, I still didn't say it was good. I said we laughed. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Keanu movie? I enjoyed it....but the "huh" was directed at the Zucc comment.....I obviously missed something there.
Oh were the Zook jokes in the sequel? Keanu is cool but those Matrix movies are Ranger haters! 😂

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I just recently watched the newest Matrix while kinda stoned and thought it was actually great. Loved the way it “reset” the intro and found it bought provoking even though it had its corny moments.

Reactions: NickyFotiu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad