OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Finished the five Part-1 episodes of Emily In Paris S4. I don't care what you think LOL. It's such a trashy treat and guilty pleasure.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I just tried to get through The Old Man again....I got much further than I did the first time (about 2 episodes).....this time, I dropped it early in the 6th episode.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Who gave HBO permission to take down Harry Potter, that’s the real question. Ready for Beetlejuice 2. Otherwise, I’d like to watch Preacher again. Great show.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Bill Skarsgard picks some awful projects to star in sometimes, a remake of The Crow? Who asked for that?

I will be seated for Nosferatu in December, great trailer.
Does The Crow have a worse debut weekend than the incoming drop Alien: Romulus is going to experience? That is the question.

It was more retcon. Major franchises have to stop with retconning everything or going the opposite direction and trying to wink at the audience every chance they get.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Costner's western Horizon is already on Max. Borderlands also did bad and will be on streaming in the next 3 months.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Has anyone seen Longlegs? I l know it got mixed audience reviews but I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Kords

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
My attention span is shot so I don't get to watch many movies these days, but I was on stay-cation last week and saw a few newish ones.

New Deadpool... I give it a 7. Wolverine was cool and had some good fights. Painfully unfunny though imo.

Trap... Pretty bad but I thought the premise was cool and unique so I give it a 7.5. Was also pretty stoned so that might of helped.

New Alien... Awesome. I'm one of the few people who actually liked the Prometheus stuff, but this was a perfect throwback Alien Movie. Nailed the tone from start to finish with some really cool visuals towards the end. I give it a solid 8. (also stoned)

Watching Longlegs tonight. Probably the movie I am most interested in so far this year, really looking forward to it.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Why would you even bring up Event Horizon - one of the best movies in general and probably top-5 in sci-fi horror genre.

I've been intending to watch that again....saw it when it first came out and did not like it.

Watching Longlegs tonight. Probably the movie I am most interested in so far this year, really looking forward to it.

I've heard good things about Longlegs.....waiting until I can find a good copy to see it.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Just rewatched Event Horizon.....while I didn't dislike it as I did the first time I saw it, I can understand my original reaction and why it bombed at the box office.

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Longlegs was a waste of an hour and 40 minutes......
Didn't hate it but would of preferred it didn't go in the direction that it did. I can see why the reviews are all over the place. It was creepy enough though, I liked it more than I didn't. I don't know how to describe it, but I am a sucker for the style of cinematography they use in this movie. Also found it pretty funny how Nick Cage was just being Nick Cage but for the first time in his career it actually fits the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad