OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I caved in and watched Ted Lasso… and then finished it in like 3 days. What a feel good, well done, funny show. Did not expect to even like it and came away loving it.

Peaky is my all time favorite. Also loved Preacher. Umbrella Academy. There’s a handful of shows that I really loved. The OG Vikings. American Gods. Sons of Anarhcy. Turn.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I caved in and watched Ted Lasso… and then finished it in like 3 days. What a feel good, well done, funny show. Did not expect to even like it and came away loving it.

Peaky is my all time favorite. Also loved Preacher. Umbrella Academy. There’s a handful of shows that I really loved. The OG Vikings. American Gods. Sons of Anarhcy. Turn.
A number of those shows are on my "to do" list -- Preacher and Turn I actually started. Vikes, Umbrella and American Gods are on list. Never had any interest in Anarchy despite being a big Hunnam fan.

Reactions: LokiDog

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
How the hell do I not remember this....it's not as if Lithy is forgetable. I'm getting TOO Old.

He's Chase's daughter's boss at the CIA but she's working there under a different alias. He and Chase were also partners decades before when Chase was an operator.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

He's Chase's daughter's boss at the CIA but she's working there under a different alias. He and Chase were also partners decades before when Chase was an operator.
Thanks. I'm going to start from the very beginning (I think I got three episodes in) -- this time I'll pay attention.

Reactions: will1066

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Not the biggest Alien franchise fan, but thought the new one was a fun time at the theater.

Some nice call backs as well, it’s still squarely behind the original first two, but that’s not a surprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTTribe73

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Not the biggest Alein franchise fan, but thought the new one was a fun time at the theater.

Some nice call backs as well, it’s still squarely behind the original first two, but that’s not a surprise.
I saw it in IMAX today.

It was AWESOME.

How the hell do I not remember this....it's not as if Lithy is forgetable. I'm getting TOO Old.
He was Bridges’ boss.

Reactions: 17futurecap

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last night - I turned the lights down, put the volume up and streamed Jaws on our 75" for my 12 year old daughter, without even telling her I was putting it on.

She was hooked (pun intended) from the opening theme. It was her first time watching it - and not knowing all of the jump scares and storyline it was fantastic to watch her reaction to what I believe is one of the best movies ever made.

Hard to believe it will be 50 years this time next year.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Twisters was weird. The vibe between Powell and Edgar-Jones was weird. It wasn't bad, it was just off, and it was Edgar-Jones and not Powell who was the problem. I found her grating at times. Anthony Ramos' face looks swollen in this movie, and his hairstyle is weird. What he and his team were doing was weird. The effects were the star of this movie.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Twisters was weird. The vibe between Powell and Edgar-Jones was weird. It wasn't bad, it was just off, and it was Edgar-Jones and not Powell who was the problem. I found her grating at times. Anthony Ramos' face looks swollen in this movie, and his hairstyle is weird. What he and his team were doing was weird. The effects were the star of this movie.
Thanks for this....I started watching it and out of nowhere decided to stop and finish later on. Now I don't think I'll bother.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I just rewatched Beetlejuice for the first time in like 15 years, because I’m interested in seeing the new one. Keaton is an interesting actor. Kind of wild he was Beetlejuice in 1988 and then Batman in 1989. I know superhero movies weren’t much of a thing at the time, but it’s hard to imagine someone who was coming off of such a zany, comedic and non-heroic role being cast in an A list superhero role these days.

I finally watched Ted Lasso over the course of the summer and I absolutely love that damn show. Y’all are my diamond dogs. Futbol is life!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
My wife went to see it with my daughter and came back with this evaluation that in comparison to the original Twister (which invariably everyone who saw it would be doing) this new version loses hands down. My expectations set low now and it will be far from the top of my to watch list.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I liked it but Edgar-Jones definitely couldn’t keep up with Powell. And LOL at Ramos. I think he had cauliflower ear too.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Last night - I turned the lights down, put the volume up and streamed Jaws on our 75" for my 12 year old daughter, without even telling her I was putting it on.

She was hooked (pun intended) from the opening theme. It was her first time watching it - and not knowing all of the jump scares and storyline it was fantastic to watch her reaction to what I believe is one of the best movies ever made.

Here is a little shark story from my area .....like a 7 minute drive to the wharf . It was not even much of a story here back then . They did not know what they really had . On another note...a friend of mine ran over one basking in the sun in 3 feet of water last week on his Sea -Doo as he was cruising outside the sand hills . He thought it was seaweed and he swerved to miss it and it swam out in front of him and took off . He was not sure sure of the type . Many claim they are moving North to follow the Seals and Halibut and Bass which there are all kinds of in the Summer here . Plus the water temps are rising these times . https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...cle_354cd668-ccd1-5153-9c2a-e9bed09d6764.html

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Watching the original Twister. First thing I noticed were two good actors that passed away too young.

One of the most underrated movies of all time in my book. Jaws 2 was great as well imo.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Jaws is absolutely one of the best movies of all time.

It's 15 years older than I am but I always come back to it, probably watch it a couple times a year.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Here is a little shark story from my area .....like a 7 minute drive to the wharf . It was not even much of a story here back then . They did not know what they really had . On another note...a friend of mine ran over one basking in the sun in 3 feet of water last week on his Sea -Doo as he was cruising outside the sand hills . He thought it was seaweed and he swerved to miss it and it swam out in front of him and took off . He was not sure sure of the type . Many claim they are moving North to follow the Seals and Halibut and Bass which there are all kinds of in the Summer here . Plus the water temps are rising these times . https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...cle_354cd668-ccd1-5153-9c2a-e9bed09d6764.html

Been fascinated with Sharks since i was a kid and watched Jaws for the first time. Spent a large portion of my life on water (Tuna Fishing). The two go hand in hand. Seeing a White shark for the first time is an unforgettable experience. Same for all Pelagics, Makos, Threshers. They way they hunt prey is a thing of beauty. Had a Mako once take an 80lb Yellowfin right before we were able to boat the fish. The Mako literally broadsided the Tuna and took off into the deep with the fish in its mouth like it was a Hot dog.

Here's one of my Nautical tattoos. White Shark.

White Shark Tat.jpg

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Snowpiercer has been great. So many twists and turns this final season, pun intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad