OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
First of all thank you for putting in the effort.
Interesting that you didn’t put 1883 and 1923 next to Yellowstone.
Otherwise, I’ve seen or tried all of most of these. There’s also a bunch of one and done’s and low budget productions.
Fallout looks interesting but I don’t want to start a show with only one season available. Lost in Space is an example of what I consider young adults sub genre based on what I remember from starting it many years ago.

Okay, how about:

Hell on Wheels
Stargate Universe
Star Trek Discovery
For All Mankind
Witcher

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I may at some point but I grew up around a certain bit of wiseguy stuff so I don't like watching it. TV glamorizes some really violent disgusting lifestyles imo.
Here are a few recommendations:

Hell on Wheels
House of Cards (original UK version)
Man in the High Castle
Succession
Fringe
Leverage
Prison Break

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Here are a few recommendations:

Hell on Wheels
House of Cards (original UK version)
Man in the High Castle
Succession
Fringe
Leverage
Prison Break
Thanks. I watched Full In with Jeff Daniels on Netflix. Id grade it a B minus. Strange ending.

By the way there are a few really good free tv/movie channels that I watch old tv series on. One I used to watch Person Of Interest which I loved. I also found the Stargate TV series on one. Also watched Waiting which was a decent comedy movie with a great cast.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I finished watching "Turning Point: The bomb and the cold war". It was bleeping fantastic. One of the best oumentaries I've ever seen. Although it's 9 episodes of about an hour so it's a big commitment but it was fantastic.
Watched the first episode. F********kkkk it's heavy

Thanks. I watched Full In with Jeff Daniels on Netflix. Id grade it a B minus. Strange ending.

By the way there are a few really good free tv/movie channels that I watch old tv series on. One I used to watch Person Of Interest which I loved. I also found the Stargate TV series on one. Also watched Waiting which was a decent comedy movie with a great cast.
Man in High Castle is one of my faves

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Watched the first episode. F********kkkk it's heavy

Man in High Castle is one of my faves

It actually got less heavy, I feel like. The bomb and WW2 era stuff was the heaviest. It got lighter after Kruschev came to power I feel like. The bomb explosion consequences were tough to watch.

Reactions: will1066

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

I forgot to list Benedict Cumberbatch's "Sherlock" -- excellent stuff!!!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
So, I'm finally caught up on The Boys....am disappointed with Season 4....Season 5 had better be a "lollapalooza"!!

Did you watch ep 8? Just finished and lots to unpack.

One of the criticisms of this season is that Kripke is outright copying real-life political events, and rightly so. But specifically ep 8 with the assassination attempt, this episode was filmed a while ago -- at least a few months ago. So it's more like life imitating art.

So Butcher puts himself back on V again. But unlike before, he can control his abilities. What's up with that?

Ryan seems so poorly conceived. One week, you think he's going to grow a brain cell and leave Homelander only to find the following week that he'd rather give his soul away so that he can continue to be spoiled by Vought.

How was Dakota Bob recorded in the bunker and how did that recording get into Sage's hands? Was there another plant in the bunker besides the Shifter?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

One of the criticisms of this season is that Kripke is outright copying real-life political events, and rightly so. But specifically ep 8 with the assassination attempt, this episode was filmed a while ago -- at least a few months ago. So it's more like life imitating art.

So Butcher puts himself back on V again. But unlike before, he can control his abilities. What's up with that?

Ryan seems so poorly conceived. One week, you think he's going to grow a brain cell and leave Homelander only to find the following week that he'd rather give his soul away so that he can continue to be spoiled by Vought.

How was Dakota Bob recorded in the bunker and how did that recording get into Sage's hands? Was there another plant in the bunker besides the Shifter?
I'm watching it as I type this.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Boardwalk Empire also a good series for streaming . I thought it had a great cast . A new one , Hotel Cocaine..... also looks like it will be entertaining . I'm also watching Blue Bloods.....I had never watched an episode of it ever until 3 months ago...now I am in Season 10 . It was just a series I had previously skipped . Donne Wahlberg is really great ! Mayor of Kingstown -Snowfall-Peaky Blinders all great TV series . Drama-cops-drugs usually holds my attention for the most part when it comes to my own viewing . LOL.....I forgot to mention Banshee....it had a bit of everything in it ! Action packed series it was indeed !!!!

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

Well, it looks like I may get my requested "lollapalooza" next season. Definitely the best episode of the season.

Re Butcher -- if you recall, he was taking the "temp V" which, if I recall correctly, was not a stable version and was temporary (and it was green). I think he took the full blue version -- definitely explains why his powers were different. On the temp, he had powers similar to HL...now he seems to be a "grown up" version of Zoe.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Boardwalk Empire also a good series for streaming . I thought it had a great cast . A new one , Hotel Cocaine..... also looks like it will be entertaining . I'm also watching Blue Bloods.....I had never watched an episode of it ever until 3 months ago...now I am in Season 10 . It was just a series I had previously skipped . Donne Wahlberg is really great ! Mayor of Kingstown -Snowfall-Peaky Blinders all great TV series . Drama-cops-drugs usually holds my attention for the most part when it comes to my own viewing .
I totally agree about Blue Bloods -- haven't missed an episode yet. LOVE Kingstown and Peaky. Boardwalk lost my interest during season 2.

Reactions: leetch99

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Well, it looks like I may get my requested "lollapalooza" next season. Definitely the best episode of the season.

Re Butcher -- if you recall, he was taking the "temp V" which, if I recall correctly, was not a stable version and was temporary (and it was green). I think he took the full blue version -- definitely explains why his powers were different. On the temp, he had powers similar to HL...now he seems to be a "grown up" version of Zoe.
Yup you are right.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Boardwalk Empire also a good series for streaming . I thought it had a great cast . A new one , Hotel Cocaine..... also looks like it will be entertaining . I'm also watching Blue Bloods.....I had never watched an episode of it ever until 3 months ago...now I am in Season 10 . It was just a series I had previously skipped . Donne Wahlberg is really great ! Mayor of Kingstown -Snowfall-Peaky Blinders all great TV series . Drama-cops-drugs usually holds my attention for the most part when it comes to my own viewing . LOL.....I forgot to mention Banshee....it had a bit of everything in it ! Action packed series it was indeed !!!!
Blue Bloods is very good!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Loved the new Beverly Hills Cop. Nothing will beat the first two but this movie was scored better than 3.

Also saw The Bear season 3... I was quite disappointed. It felt like the story made virtually no progress.

Serge was funny, glad they brought him back. Still remember the 1st movie…

Donny, run and tell Miss Summers that, uh, Mister Achmed Foley is here to see her... No, *Axel* Foley. Axel.
Achnell...? Achwell...
*Axel*
Foley is here to see her, he's an old acquaintance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad