TSN 690 and Other Montreal Based Media (Part 10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Is there any clarity on the Dan Robertson replacement? Is it Peter Ruttgaizer? He and Campbell shared pre-season. Peter did the opening night and I understand he's doing tonight as well, but I haven't heard either of them formally announced as the full-time play by play guy. The Morning Show had a segment with him this morning discussing opening night, but they never actually came out and called him Dan's replacement. There's an odd lack of transparency that I don't remember when John Bartlett left and Dan was named the replacement.

I like him well enough and think he'd be fine as the play by play guy. Dan is a tough guy to replace though.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Tsn 690 was the best station when they had the line up of tsn guys (Lebrun, Mckenzie, McGuire, Ferraro) almost everyday. They really benefited from the strong English speaking crew at tsn. But now they're almost all gone, it's seems 98.5 and 91.9 have the better local guys to cover the Habs.

It's gonna be hard for them to keep the station open, especially when Melnyk leaves the station. The only good thing for them is that they are now owned by tsn who has deep pockets.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Is there any clarity on the Dan Robertson replacement? Is it Peter Ruttgaizer? He and Campbell shared pre-season. Peter did the opening night and I understand he's doing tonight as well, but I haven't heard either of them formally announced as the full-time play by play guy. The Morning Show had a segment with him this morning discussing opening night, but they never actually came out and called him Dan's replacement. There's an odd lack of transparency that I don't remember when John Bartlett left and Dan was named the replacement.

I like him well enough and think he'd be fine as the play by play guy. Dan is a tough guy to replace though.
Campbell was calling the Als game online tonight. When is the first Rocket broadcast? Will be interesting to see who is doing the play by play (assuming 690 will still be broadcasting some Laval games).

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
English Habs media is pretty much consisting of just Sean Campbell now talking about the game for 8 hours, calling the game, then taking callers after the game from Gallo.

• Haha
Reactions: David Suzuki

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
English Habs media is pretty much consists of just Sean Campbell now talking about the game for 8 hours, calling the game, then taking callers after the game from Gallo.

Campbell hasn't been calling Habs games on 690 since the regular season as started. Peter Ruttgaizer and Sergio have been calling Hab games since the season started I believe. Not sure if Ruttgaizer as the full time gig calling Habs games on 690 or not. Campbell is still calling Als and Rocket games though.

Reactions: Runner77

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Campbell hasn't been calling Habs games on 690 since the regular season as started. Peter Ruttgaizer and Sergio have been calling Hab games since the season started I believe. Not sure if Ruttgaizer as the full time gig calling Habs games on 690 or not. Campbell is still calling Als and Rocket games though.
Good to know - Haven't been on 690 in a while
Still sucks losing LeBrun, Lu, Robertson this season

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m only occasionally listening to the afternoon show on 690 but otherwise I’ve moved on to Franco radio where they spend actual money on hosts and get pretty good guests throughout the day.

I used to switch back and forth before Campbell took over the station. I don’t even bother with the morning guys anymore.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m only occasionally listening to the afternoon show on 690 but otherwise I’ve moved on to Franco radio where they spend actual money on hosts and get pretty good guests throughout the day.

I used to switch back and forth before Campbell took over the station. I don’t even bother with the morning guys anymore.

Oh, good to know. Which stations do you like?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh, good to know. Which stations do you like?
There are really only two Franco radio sports options. BPM with its all day sports format. And in the evenings, Les Amateurs de Sports on 98.5 FM.

Other than that, JiC gives a pretty good show with lots of funny segments on Spanre, weekdays at 5 PM.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I still pretty much listen to Melnick's show every day when I'm able to listen. I only listen to Gallo and Campbell when they have some of their guests on like Pagnotta.

Now I usually switch over and listen to a bit of Leafs Lunch on TSN 1050 when the Gallo and Campbell show is on, especially when there are issues going on over at Leafland. Leafs issues always seem to get way more overblown and is far more entertaining to listen to compared to when there's any issues in Habsland. :)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
There are really only two Franco radio sports options. BPM with its all day sports format. And in the evenings, Les Amateurs de Sports on 98.5 FM.

Other than that, JiC gives a pretty good show with lots of funny segments on Spanre, weekdays at 5 PM.

Cool I will check those out! Thanks!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
TSN shut down 1290 TSN Winnipeg years ago.

I believe they also shut down in Vancouver. TSN 1040. The morning guys went to work in the morning and found out on the spot that the radio station was pulled off the air. Nobody who worked at the station were given a heads up. They all found out that day.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Aaron Ward is a wild windbag. Never have I heard someone use so many words to evoke so little substance.

He must be driving those in his entourage, bonkers. :laugh:

Reactions: RBZ

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I did a double take this morning when I heard JiC suggest in all seriousness to Bob Hartley, that it was time to move Dach to the wing and to put Drouin back at center.

Hartley’s shock at this truly clueless suggestion, was palpable. :laugh:

And then I see the above item getting reprised on the insane gutter that is Twitter and of course, reactions were scathing:

One guy took JiC behind the shed with this: “JiC, what a f’n steaming, fat pig.”

:oops:

Reactions: David Suzuki

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I did a double take this morning when I heard JiC suggest in all seriousness to Bob Hartley, that it was time to move Dach to the wing and to put Drouin back at center.

Hartley’s shock at this truly clueless suggestion, was palpable. :laugh:

And then I see the above item getting reprised on the insane gutter that is Twitter and of course, reactions were scathing:

One guy took JiC behind the shed with this: “JiC, what a f’n steaming, fat pig.”

:oops:

Man I love Bob. I was just pulling up to my daughter's school to drop her off when they were having this exchange and I was dying. 🤣

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man I love Bob. I was just pulling up to my daughter's school to drop her off when they were having this exchange and I was dying. 🤣
I’ve been listening to his segment with Brunet and Lemay and there have been several hilarious moments.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I’ve been listening to his segment with Brunet and Lemay and there have been several hilarious moments.

Ever since he was on Antichambre, which was the first time I believe he was doing media, he would always come out with an expression that would kill me.

So I absolutely love listening to him. However I haven't heard any of the Brunet/Hartley segments because we're back home. So I will go listen to them on the website.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
JiC threatened a lawsuit against trash blog Hockey30.
Man, anything goes over there. You rarely see a link on that site and their user comments are a complete, unmonitored cesspool.

Where did you see JiC’s threat to take an action?

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Man, anything goes over there. You rarely see a link on that site and their user comments are a complete, unmonitored cesspool.

Where did you see JiC’s threat to take an action?
After listening closely he didn't threaten a lawsuit, but he called them out, he knows the identity of the person behind the blog.

Starts at 4:08.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad